I have some troubles with my Micro SD card on my Storm 9530, some times it dont show me all the music in the card(9 artist but in reallity it's around 35). i remove the card et reinsert it and everything is ok... But I need to do that every day... When I go in the files explorer, all the files are there but the MP3 player don't see it. Does I need to change a setting or upgrade something?

There is some helpful information:
    running on 4.7.0.141
    My old 8100 did the same thing

Thanks!
    05-03-09 06:07 PM
    I had trouble viewing videos that I placed on the memory card. After a reset, the videos showed up. Try a reset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 06:23 PM
    I noticed the same problem for the first week I bought the storm. It would cause me to remove and insert the card to just get it to display all the files. I thought it was just because of the OS. I reformatted the card and the problem never came back. I then upgraded to the 16 gb card and the problem came back again. I reformatted the card once again and the problem disappeared. I think that it has to do with the way that the card is formatted and how the card is being accessed. I suggest reformatting the card and also using the safely remove hardware option if you use mass storage mode.

05-03-09 06:57 PM
    I had trouble viewing videos that I placed on the memory card. After a reset, the videos showed up. Try a reset.

I reset it one time every day for security and to clean up memory... I dont think that's the solution...
    05-03-09 06:59 PM
    Do you reformat the SD card from the device or from a computer?
    05-05-09 09:00 PM
    Do you reformat the SD card from the device or from a computer?
    Format from the device so that it gets the correct file system.

05-05-09 09:29 PM
    Thanks! Will try that...
    05-05-09 09:31 PM
    i upgraded to 16gb card two weeks go and it wouldn't read the card until a formatted the card twice from the device now it works great 2 movies and 50 songs on it
    05-05-09 09:52 PM
    Thank you very much, I formated the card from the device 2 days ago and it seems to work!
    05-08-09 01:31 PM
    I add some songs to my device today... The problem restarts... I dont want to format my card every times I add one or two songs...
    05-30-09 12:35 AM
    Try deleting the BBThumbs.dat file in the music folder before adding new files to the card. If the problem still persists after this, try going to Options>Memory, press the bb key, click remove media card, press the bb key and click insert media card.

05-30-09 12:46 AM
    Every time I do a battery pull(everyday) the phone can't find more than 30 songs(640 in reallity)... When it finished to scan the card after a battery pull, I must choose a song super rapidly, or all the songs disapear... only 30 left there.

What is the BBThumbs.dat file, I searched it in my media card but nothing, I also searched in the ghost files...

For additional info: when I menage media on my phone, I only use the mass storage, like a USB key... Does it matter?
    06-04-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD