I'm thinking of switching to the curve. If I take my micro sd card out of my pearl and into a curve, will all my videos and pictures still display on the new curve?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 05:24 PM
    They still ma however you could always hook the phone to your computer and download them that way. Then all it would take would be switch them to your new phone via drag and drop or desktop manager.

05-16-09 05:29 PM
    I really have no clue what the above poster is trying to say. The simple answer is yes, all your media on the microsd in your pearl will be viewable on the curve when you put the microsd in it.

05-16-09 05:34 PM
    My gf just upgraded today from a pearl to a curve and used the sd card from her Pearl with no problems.

05-16-09 05:39 PM
    As the other two have said, you should be okay with just swapping the media card since it is hot swappable. But I advise you to do a backup of your card just incase something might accidentally go wrong or may need to rebuild one of the databases on the card.

05-16-09 06:21 PM
    As the other two have said, you should be okay with just swapping the media card since it is hot swappable. But I advise you to do a backup of your card just incase something might accidentally go wrong or may need to rebuild one of the databases on the card.

Do, do, do the backup! Always a good precaution to take as you never know what's about to happen. Better safe then sorry.
    05-17-09 01:31 AM
    They still ma however you could always hook the phone to your computer and download them that way. Then all it would take would be switch them to your new phone via drag and drop or desktop manager.

Why go through all that when all you have to do is pop the card into the new phone?
    05-17-09 01:32 AM
    I am hoping someone can help me (and I'm sorry for hijacking this thread) but I just took my sd card from a sidekick (YUCK) to a 8100 and although the phone is reading my card, it can't see the files. I have tried EVERYTHING...

*upgrade software
    *wipe handheld
    *delete files, put new ones on
    *re-format card via phone and computer to fat32
    *install files via windows media & roxio
    *put my card in husband's curve and it works just fine, put husband's card in my phone and SAME PROBLEM

Any ideas? Everything else works just fine on the phone...
    06-19-09 09:40 AM
    *put my card in husband's curve and it works just fine, put husband's card in my phone and SAME PROBLEM

Any ideas? Everything else works just fine on the phone...
    Is media card support turned on, on your phone?

Also is the encryption mode turned on?
    Last edited by Jim W; 06-19-09 at 10:28 AM.
    06-19-09 10:26 AM
    YEAH, I figured it out. For some reason the pearl isn't reading subfolders that were being created when I uploaded the music via windows media manager. So I just cut and pasted (I'm a friggen ***** and so isn't T-Mobile Blackberry support for not thinking of it EITHER). Thansk for the help!

Oh and yes Jim, the media card is on and encryption mode is NONE...
    06-19-09 10:41 AM
    YEAH, I figured it out. For some reason the pearl isn't reading subfolders that were being created when I uploaded the music via windows media manager. So I just cut and pasted (I'm a friggen ***** and so isn't T-Mobile Blackberry support for not thinking of it EITHER). Thansk for the help!

Oh and yes Jim, the media card is on and encryption mode is NONE...
    Weird your husband's phone saw them.

Oh well, glad it's fixed.
    06-19-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD