I was expecting more. Specifically the following:

1. At least a tidbit about the "other" phones rumoured for this year
    I was under the impression there is (was?) going to be six (6) phones, three touch and three with keyboard
    These were to be the mid range. I'm just over the 1 year of the 3 on my 9900 and planned on holding out for the high end ones rumored for the summer/fall. Throw us a bone here RIM BlackBerry
    2. Playbook! When?
    3. A bigger surprise than RIM to BlackBerry and Alicia Keys (who?)
    01-30-13 12:12 PM
    They were never going to mention future devices, that would be idiotic and as far as the six devices thing, there is no certainty that it will be an even split as some pricepoints will not suit both form factors e.g. what specs would you need to boost to make a so-called high-end q10?

These were not meant to be mid range devices either and there has only really been a single rumour that points towards a higher-specced device earlier than the end of this year.
    01-30-13 12:47 PM
    Why mention things like they did in the past? They can learn something from Apple and NEVER MENTION ANYTHING. That way you're not constantly disappointing people when you don't deliver like the RIM of the past 4 years.
    joe.miller likes this.
    01-30-13 01:01 PM
    They were never going to mention future devices, that would be idiotic and as far as the six devices thing, there is no certainty that it will be an even split as some pricepoints will not suit both form factors e.g. what specs would you need to boost to make a so-called high-end q10?

These were not meant to be mid range devices either and there has only really been a single rumour that points towards a higher-specced device earlier than the end of this year.

THANK YOU! people need to realize that WE, at CB, know a lot more than consumers should. Those other phones and PB update are still in the works. Did Apple mention the 'new' new ipad when they released the new ipad? NO, because who would buy the first one if you promise something in 5 months???
    01-30-13 01:12 PM
    I agree that there was no reason to talk about the future devices.

But it would have been nice to hear how BB10 would be coming to the PlayBook, this was the BB10 roll-out right?

And it would have been nice to see less of Alicia and more of BB10 in action.
    01-30-13 01:37 PM
    Didn't expect other models to be announced - was hoping for an updated on PB OS though; thta's just me.
    01-30-13 01:48 PM
    Ok; noted about the "other" devices but my PB comments still stand
    01-30-13 02:52 PM
    I was expecting more. Specifically the following:

1. At least a tidbit about the "other" phones rumoured for this year
    I was under the impression there is (was?) going to be six (6) phones, three touch and three with keyboard
    These were to be the mid range. I'm just over the 1 year of the 3 on my 9900 and planned on holding out for the high end ones rumored for the summer/fall. Throw us a bone here RIM BlackBerry
    2. Playbook! When?
    3. A bigger surprise than RIM to BlackBerry and Alicia Keys (who?)
    I'm sorry that this launch event didn't live up to your expectations. Next time I'm sure they'll give you a call and find out exactly what you need to hear from them. Thanks for sharing.
    01-30-13 09:02 PM