I have a Blackberry Curve 8330. Over the course of the last several months, I've used Blackberry Messenger to keep in touch with one particular person. For various reasons, we've each at times deleted the other. Then, when we decide to reconnect, one of us has to send a new invite and the other has to accept.

Strangely, today, we both showed up in each other's contact lists and neither of us had sent or accepted an invite from the other. How could this happen?

Additional note, my friend recently got a new blackberry and gave his old one to his brother. But since the pin numbers are different, I can't imagine a way for his brother to somehow resurrect the connection from the old phone.

Please help in understanding this.
    11-17-09 02:45 PM
    BBM 5 backs up your contacts to your email and SD card, you can restore your contacts without sending invites I believe.
    11-17-09 03:32 PM
    Hmm. I got a new blackberry with, obviously, a new pin number and I couldn't restore my BBM 5 contacts. Unless I did something wrong. Seems odd you both appeared on one another's BBMs. Weird! If you figure it out please let us know
    11-17-09 03:37 PM
    BBM 5 backs up your contacts to your email and SD card, you can restore your contacts without sending invites I believe.
    That is correct. Restoring an old backup file with desktop manager will do this as well.
    11-17-09 03:38 PM
    I have BBM 4.5. I did not restore anything on my phone. I assume he has 5.0 but would he just reappear on my contact list without my even accepting him?
    11-17-09 03:56 PM
    I have BBM 4.5. I did not restore anything on my phone. I assume he has 5.0 but would he just reappear on my contact list without my even accepting him?
    Yes that is possible.
    11-17-09 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD