Since my Motion will not work on AT&T's network starting next year, I've finally given up my BlackBerry after being a long time BlackBerry user. I now have a Samsung A52 5G. The default Messaging app (I guess it's Google's?) does not work with the Hub+ and I can't change the Default SMS app to the Text Messages built in to the Hub+.

I am sure there is a thread on this, but I couldn't seem to find recent information. What at the messaging apps that will integrate with the Hub and work on Android 11 Samsung? I've seen Textra mentioned, as well as the Messenger app (but I don't have Facebook). Are there others that will work? Just a regular ordinary text messaging app.

Thank you.
    10-10-21 09:13 PM
    Long time since I used the Hub, but I believe Android Messages (by Google) is the one that works. I never tried any others so I can’t say whether or not they work.
    10-10-21 09:34 PM
    Since my Motion will not work on AT&T's network starting next year, I've finally given up my BlackBerry after being a long time BlackBerry user. I now have a Samsung A52 5G. The default Messaging app (I guess it's Google's?) does not work with the Hub+ and I can't change the Default SMS app to the Text Messages built in to the Hub+.

I am sure there is a thread on this, but I couldn't seem to find recent information. What at the messaging apps that will integrate with the Hub and work on Android 11 Samsung? I've seen Textra mentioned, as well as the Messenger app (but I don't have Facebook). Are there others that will work? Just a regular ordinary text messaging app.

Thank you.
    The HUB doesn't have its own client. BlackBerry Android simply uses Google Messages.
    10-10-21 09:42 PM
    The HUB doesn't have its own client. BlackBerry Android simply uses Google Messages.
    Ok, thanks. I don't think I asked correctly. I realize Hub doesn't have its own client. I'm just trying find a way to have text messages show up in the Hub. I think I'm just dumb for this. I can't get Google Messages or any other messaging app to integrate with the Hub.
    10-10-21 09:46 PM
    I think he’s asking for which app will display in the Hub, which I think Sammy uses their own and doesn’t work if memory serves. Like I said it’s been eons.
    10-10-21 09:48 PM
    I think he’s asking for which app will display in the Hub, which I think Sammy uses their own and doesn’t work if memory serves. Like I said it’s been eons.
    I have used Yaata in the past, and it seemed to work with the HUB.

But that was before Google changed its rules.
    10-10-21 09:50 PM
    Ok, thanks. I don't think I asked correctly. I realize Hub doesn't have its own client. I'm just trying find a way to have text messages show up in the Hub. I think I'm just dumb for this. I can't get Google Messages or any other messaging app to integrate with the Hub.
    If successfully used both Messages and Yaata in the past.
    10-10-21 09:51 PM
    I have used Yaata in the past, and it seemed to work with the HUB.

But that was before Google changed its rules.
    That’s the hoopla I distantly recall, seems like this might be something different.
    10-10-21 09:53 PM
    Right, if for whatever reason your device doesn't use Google Messages as its default texting app, you can add it manually to the Hub+.

Just tap on the plus icon (+) next to "Accounts" or "Manage Accounts", then select "Add an app to BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox", select your texting app and finally choose the "Communication" category.
    10-10-21 09:55 PM
    Try removing the Hub and reinstalling it but make sure Android Messages is installed before you put the Hub back on.

edit: and is the default texting app
    10-10-21 09:55 PM
    Just tap on the plus icon (+) next to "Accounts" or "Manage Accounts", then select "Add an app to BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox", select your texting app and finally choose the "Communication" category.
    Try removing the Hub and reinstalling it but make sure Android Messages is installed before you put the Hub back on.
    edit: and is the default texting app
    I tried these things, with various restarts in between installs and uninstalls. Unfortunately, I can't make it work. Either the app I set to default does not show up as an option to add for Hub integration, or the one that does show adds to the Hub, but doesn't actually integrate. It displays, but there is no functionality. Like, there is no "pencil" icon at the bottom to compose a new text, and no texts sent or received appear in the Hub.

But, thanks everyone for the suggestions and quick responses.
    10-10-21 10:16 PM
    I tried these things, with various restarts in between installs and uninstalls. Unfortunately, I can't make it work. Either the app I set to default does not show up as an option to add for Hub integration, or the one that does show adds to the Hub, but doesn't actually integrate. It displays, but there is no functionality. Like, there is no "pencil" icon at the bottom to compose a new text, and no texts sent or received appear in the Hub.

But, thanks everyone for the suggestions and quick responses.
    If it shows texts in the Hub it’s working correctly. You’ll be sent to the app to do anything beyond reading.
    10-10-21 11:49 PM
    I don't think anything will work. Texts quit displaying in the Hub over a year ago after Google changed something.
    10-11-21 01:50 AM
    What kind of a free phone did AT&T send you?
    10-11-21 02:56 AM
    Long time since I used the Hub, but I believe Android Messages (by Google) is the one that works. I never tried any others so I can’t say whether or not they work.
    It does and works fine
    10-11-21 03:10 PM
    Just to add info here. Thanks to the help in here: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13601754

giving the permissions also fixed the Messages from not showing in the Hub. Once I changed that, the text messages are now showing up. It was not the Hub+ or Messages app that wasn't working, it was my dumb self. So, thanks again!
    JECE likes this.
    10-11-21 04:00 PM

Thank you.
    I'm using A52 with Hub+ installed. Samsung's default Message app is integrated into the Hub+ as "Text messages".
    10-11-21 04:04 PM
    I'm using A52 with Hub+ installed. Samsung's default Message app is integrated into the Hub+ as "Text messages".
    Yes, good point. That is what I'm currently using now. But, it was not working for me before, because I didn't have the Hub+ and InBox permissions correct.
    10-11-21 04:07 PM