Is it possible to not have a copy of all messages saved to this folder? I have 2 email accounts and they are separated from my SMS folder. A copy of every message gets saved in my "messages" folder, even BBM. If I delete the messages, they will delete from the original folders? Is there a way to do away with this folder?

Thanks for any help.
    06-25-09 09:20 AM
    The Messages box is a "Display All" box. It doesn't really hold stuff unless you're on BES. If you like using the individual boxes, just hide it. It cannot be deleted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 09:25 AM
    Ok that makes sense, but do the messages that are in there take up memory/space? I'm thinking from what you said, the answer is no.
    06-25-09 09:27 AM
    they're not duplicate messages - think of that icon as a way of summarising ALL messages. It's not a separate folder.

Useful for example if you have 4 accounts and you remember getting an email from someone but you can't remember to which address it came - you can just scroll/search the messages folder.
    06-25-09 09:41 AM
    No, having the messages folder showing takes up no more memory as it's just consolidating all the emails, BBM messages and Facebook and Windows live if you have them integrated.

It doesn't duplicate the message at all, just pools all the information in one display location.

As has been said, if you don't want the folder showing just hide it from the menu screen and you'll still have all the messages in their individual locations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 09:42 AM
    Anyone remember how to keep from emails being copied in the message folder? Its been a while since i've had to set a BB up.
    07-14-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD