My Gmail folder icon on my BB shows that I have 1 unread message and it has a red asterisk. When I open it there are no unread messages. My messages folder icon on the BB does not show anything as unread. My Gmail account via the web shows no unread mail. What's up? How do I make the unread mail notification go away?

I'm using IMAP for accessing Gmail with Advanced Imap controls enabled (they don't work, BTW). I'll save those issues for another thread;-)
    01-14-09 05:53 AM
    My Gmail folder icon on my BB shows that I have 1 unread message and it has a red asterisk. When I open it there are no unread messages. My messages folder icon on the BB does not show anything as unread. My Gmail account via the web shows no unread mail. What's up? How do I make the unread mail notification go away?

I'm using IMAP for accessing Gmail with Advanced Imap controls enabled (they don't work, BTW). I'll save those issues for another thread;-)
    This occurs when using IMAP as a natural course of events if you are checking your email from more than one place.

For example, your GMAIL box gets hit with an email, and within a few seconds your BB Gmail app becomes aware of it and sets the "alert" that you have new mail.

You then check your email (not seeing it on your BB perhaps) on your desktop via the web browser, marking it read.

If you then look at your BB after it updates again you will see the alert, but if you open the folder, the mail will show as read (because it has been), even though the alert was not cleared. In other words, the app doesn't "un-alert" until you open it, regardless of the status of the email.

Hope that helps.
    01-14-09 06:00 AM
    Will it clear itself? I never noticed this behavior before? Red light's not flashing on the BB. No new messages showing on the messages folder, just the gmail folder but nothing is there. How can I read the message if I can't see it anywhere?
    01-14-09 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD