I looked but couldn't find....
    I'd like to see if I like the consolidated message folder.
    Right now I have two icons for my two main emails.
    I have my messages folder to catch email (not sms/mms).
    On my home screen, I can click the messages folder and it pulls up a consolidated list.
    However, I get a different messages folder if I press and hold menu and click messages there OR if I use quicklaunch to open messages folder.

What those two open is whatever folder I was in last. So if I was in my yahoo mail, that's all it pulls (not the consolidated). If I was in SMS last, that what comes up.

Is this by design or an OS problem.
    I'm on Verizon with there latest official release for the 9630 (5.0.0.591, platform 4.2.0.284)

This is my first blackberry so I don't know if it was like that before.....now I want to try using just the one folder.......
    Anyway, thanks for any help.
    05-10-10 11:26 AM
    This may or may not work for you. Menu/Message Folder. From the messages screen hit menu, scroll to options and select Inbox Settings and check mark the ones you want to show up in the Messages Folder. Remember you can also move the folder to one of your desktop icon spots to see the popup notification at a glance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 03:49 PM
    I went ahead and tried checking and unchecking in the settings but it does the same thing.
    So.....is this just normal? I'm deciding if I like the consolidated folder but it's frustrating if the only way to get to it is on the home screen.
    05-10-10 03:55 PM
    You don't have to drag it to your home screen you can leave it where it is or you can set it to a convenience key like I did. You want the emails and sms, mms boxes checked and you should be getting all your mail sent to one folder.

05-10-10 04:35 PM
    Ok, yes it will show ALL consolidated emails if I assign it to a convenience key OR click the messages folder.
    However, if I select "Messages" via Quicklaunch(their link for messages under applications) it shows whatever email folder i was in last (not consolidated with ALL email)(or even my sms folder which I don't have consolidating). It also does this if I hold down the blackberry key and go to 'messages'(won't show consolidated).
    That just doesn't seem right.....
    05-10-10 04:45 PM
    You could always hide the folders you don't want to check individually, then it should default to the only one you have. Menu/ highlight folder/menu/hide then make sure "show all" is not checked.

05-10-10 05:05 PM
    Can someone tell me if this is normal operation when accessing the messages folders via holding the menu key down and then selecting the messages folder.
    05-11-10 01:50 PM
    Well okay then.....
    It's a hard thing to pin down in any official literature. Could someone confirm this please? Won't take but a sec I think,,,,
    The best I can guess is it is the way they set it up. That way if you are in the middle of typing a text or email, no matter how you store it, it lets you multitask using the menu key. If you go to your browser or another app and want to go back to what you are typing, you hold the menu key and select 'messages' albeit it's not necessarily the 'messages folder' but that last folder you were in.
    Correct?
    TIA
    05-14-10 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD