How come I can't access the menu button when there is a pop up open? I was renaming pictures and wanted to copy and paste some parts of the name but was unable to do so because the menu key doesn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dragonsamus; 03-18-09 at 12:17 PM.
    03-18-09 03:57 AM
    No one has come across this? Help! Thanks.

03-18-09 12:16 PM
    I've never encountered the need before but just tried what you were doing in renaming a pic and see what you mean. Not sure if there is a way?
    03-18-09 01:13 PM
    Any crackberry geniuses dealt with this situation?

03-20-09 02:12 AM
    Probably because the whole reason for a pop-up window is that something needs to be brought to your attention, or the OS is waiting for a user response or input. That would be my guess.

03-20-09 02:16 AM
    Probably because the whole reason for a pop-up window is that something needs to be brought to your attention, or the OS is waiting for a user response or input. That would be my guess.

It is what software engineers refer to as a modal popup. It is used in this case to control program flow. The logic behind it is, if something is so important to warrent using a modal popup, then it is so important that nothing else can be done, without providing a response to that popup.

The main issue lies in the fact that BB copy and paste functionality has not been implimented in the modal dialogs.

HTH
    03-20-09 04:18 AM
    Anyway to remedy this with keyboard pasting? I know shift + del = cutting. Anyway to paste using keys? I've searched and have found nothing. Thanks in advance.

03-20-09 04:22 AM
    Shift + click trackball = paste
    03-20-09 05:05 AM
    Shift + click trackball = paste
    Thanks!!! That worked perfectly. =]

03-20-09 05:09 AM
    If you're happy, I'm happy.

So I guess the Menu function is disabled, but the Paste functionality remains.
    Last edited by xliderider; 03-20-09 at 06:00 AM.
    03-20-09 05:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD