Hey,
    Why when im using my blackberry for a week with no battery pull my applications memory is geting down and down to 89 mb and after battery pull its "jumping" to 105 mb? is there a way to make it stable?

And, one for how many time you recommending to do a restart by a battery pull?
    04-19-10 08:58 AM
    It is normal for your BlackBerry to use and re-use memory in normal operations.

The only time it becomes an issue is when you are at the Media / Options: Device Memory limit, usually 5 Mb.

Your available memory, at 89 Mb is greater then the total amount of memory installed in the early generation devices with 64 mb.

Most experienced users do not recommend doing a battery pull, unless there is an unusual problem occuring. Most of us go for weeks at a time, or longer.
    04-19-10 09:34 AM
    On the Tour you can just do a "three-fingered salute" to restart (alt+right shift+delete). Maybe your BB has that.
    04-19-10 11:36 AM
    There are always free apps like quickpull lite, that will allow you to schedule a simulated battery pull . I have meterberry that is set to do a reset every day at 2 am.
    04-19-10 01:05 PM
    There is no point to reclaiming the memory you perceive as "missing". As Reed pointed out it's used by the OS in due course and is in fact reused all the time.

Whenever the OS and applications are running you can expect they will store things in memory and use up a fair bit, you cannot stop this nor do you want to.

In terms of a PC you might be surprised to learn how much memory gets used in this way. On my work PC I have 8GB of RAM and after running it for two weeks straight without a reboot I am at about 70% usage. This is normal however and doesn't climb above that unless I do something out of the ordinary.

Scale these numbers down to BB size and it's all good.
    04-19-10 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD