Hi I have a blackberry pearl. And I was wondering if 3926040 was good memory? I have gmail and opera mini installed on my phone.
    05-15-08 06:47 PM
    No that's not good you will lose texts and call logs. Look at the link in my signature to free up some memory
    05-15-08 06:54 PM
    Okay after I posted that I set my phone down and did nothing with it and I picked my phone back up to see if I had posted the right number for my memory and now it says I have 1514056
    05-15-08 07:09 PM
    Low memory
    05-15-08 07:21 PM
    there is a post in Tips and FAQs that is very helpful. I used it and I was able to free up 14mb

"How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory"the post was created by Stoner

It is informative and in detail. Hope this helps
    05-15-08 07:32 PM
    Can anyone tell me why the memory goes up and down
    05-15-08 08:24 PM
    Open applications running in the background, instead of closing them out when you are done with them will do it.
    05-15-08 09:13 PM
    Open applications running in the background, instead of closing them out when you are done with them will do it.
    Oh Okay. I always just click the end key when I want to exit out of something. How do you know what applications are currently running because I go in opera then contacts then calender etc all day without closing anything. So its hard to keep track.
    05-15-08 09:22 PM
    Hold the alt key(up arrow/down arrow key next to the sym key) and press the escape key(button to the right of trackball). Continue holding the alt key and scroll to the app you want to close. The main 5 apps will always be open (call logs, messages, BB messenger, broswer, and home screen). To close the app press the menu key(to the left of trackball) with the program being closed open on the screen and scroll down to close

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 09:55 PM
    First off, back up your phone with desktop manager often, then if your messages go away, you can do a restore and get them back.
    To see what's running in the background hit and hold the alt key (up/down arrow) then hit the back button. 5 apps always running are home screen, BB mesenger, messages, call log, and browser, more than that will cause your memory to drop.
    Follow the stuff in blueberry23's sig and you can free up some of your memory.
    You can easily have some 3rd party stuff and run with 20 meg. you're running at around 3meg.
    GL
    05-15-08 09:58 PM
    If you put the commas in the right place, you have less then 2 Mb of memory available.

There are several thing you can do to increase your File Free Memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    05-15-08 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD