Over the last couple of days I have deleted unused themes and apps from my curve 8330m but I have noticed that my bytes number is staying the same. What gives? After a bat pull now I am around 39 million bytes. In the past I have seen it as high as 41 million bytes with apps installed. I am missing some delete method or what? Please help!!
    11-07-09 10:33 PM
    First off, 39,xxx,xxx bytes (39mb) is way more than enough available memory. As long as you're not letting it drop below 12mb you're doing great. I've got a bunch of apps on my 8330 and I never drop below 30mb free.

With that said, are you closing out of your apps properly? You may have multiple apps running in the background, which could be using up some additional memory. If you hold ALT and press the back button, you'll see what apps are running currently, like the taskbar on a windows PC. You'll always have 5 things active, phone, home screen, messages, browser, and BlackBerry messanger, anything else that you see there needs to be properly closed out. Press menu, then select close to properly exit out of all apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 10:49 PM
    Couple of other things to do / try

1) ALT + LGLG > press menu and clear log. (It's only 400kb max, but can't hurt)
    2) Open DM > Connect phone > go to Backup / Restore and then Advanced.
    Highlight Browser Data Cache and clear it. Do the same for Content Store.
    3) Restart BB and check memory again.
    11-07-09 11:27 PM
    Couple of other things to do / try

1) ALT + LGLG > press menu and clear log. (It's only 400kb max, but can't hurt)
    2) Open DM > Connect phone > go to Backup / Restore and then Advanced.
    Highlight Browser Data Cache and clear it. Do the same for Content Store.
    3) Restart BB and check memory again.

BTW, if you are running OS 5.0 the lowest memory you need to maintain
    is 5mb.
    11-07-09 11:27 PM
    Hey yall,

Thanks for the help. I figured 39 million bytes is alot of available memory to run the phone. Just thought it was weird that when I deleted stuff the memory number would go up. Also elvin, I tried your Alt/backspace button idea but I can't get anything to happen???
    11-08-09 12:06 AM
    hold ALT and press the back button ...
    Alt/backspace button ...
    I belive you are using the wrong button.

ALT + Escape ( return arrow beside the trackball)
    11-08-09 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD