I am new to this BB thing. I have one question so far. I have a curve 8330. People have been telling me to becareful with my memory. My status says my memory is 48144500. What does this mean? Im scared to download anything. What should I keep that number around? I don't want to lose any messages anything. Any advice would be great.
    03-19-09 01:40 PM
    Buy a memory card. They're really pretty cheap now days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 01:44 PM
    That's good! Try to keep it over 20MBs or 20000000.

Buy a memory card. They're really pretty cheap now days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The memory he is talking about is different, free memory is like RAM in a computer, it's used for running programs. Cards are for media storage only songs, docs, pics etc.
    Last edited by pkcable; 03-19-09 at 01:49 PM.
    03-19-09 01:44 PM
    I have a media Card and the old thing that is going to that is my pictures and songs. So does that still go for the 20MB of free file.
    03-19-09 01:54 PM
    The memory card can only be used for pics,vids, music, etc. not apps the memory the OP and pkcable are referring to is the app memory or what is used to store apps and as ram. do not be scared to download apps some apps do have memory leaks and require some more maintenance but memory really lies in the preference realm how ocd are you and how fast do you need your phone to be at all times. there are a few things you can do to help keep memory optimized while still using the phone.

first you can download logmaid it clears out your event logs every hour this clears the event logs in the phone and free up extra bits of memory.

close out of an app when you are done using it this will help keep memory up.

also clear out your texts and emails every so often dont keep like 500

also go into options security options and enable memory cleaning and have the icon appear on home screen and manually clean out once a day twice a day or as you see fit.
    03-19-09 02:10 PM
    Thanks so much. I just want to be sure I'm doing this correctly
    03-19-09 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD