A few days ago my BB was having problems and deleting my call logs and text messages before I had the chance to read them. My file free said 0 bytes so I deleted all that I could and did a battery pull to try and fix the problem which didn't help much to get above the recommended file space.

I have a media card but waited a while before I put it in my phone. I was curious if there is a way to move my photos and voice notes from my device memory to my media card so my phone will function better and not freeze up.

Also.. even though my media card is installed, when I take pictures they still go to my device memory. How can I make the future pictures and videos I take go directly to my media card?

Thanks for your help
    01-03-09 02:58 PM
    When you are in camera, go to options and select your media card as the default directory for photos.

To move your photos from your device memoury to your media card, simply select the photo and press Menu>Move.

Unfortunately, these steps will NOT remedy your memoury issues. The Pearl only has 64MB of flash memoury, which is essentially nothing at all. Make sure you are properly closing apps when you are finished, clear your browser cache often as well as your event log, do a battery pull about once a week, and try running the program CrackMem to remove VAD, preinstalled media, unused themes, RIM internal tools, etc.
    01-03-09 03:08 PM
    Wow! 0 bytes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 05:03 PM
    .. only has 64MB of flash memoury, which is essentially nothing at all. ...
    LOL, only 64 Mb

Back in my day, we were lucky to have 64 Kb, and were glad of it too...

To the OP, don't lose heart, your 64 Mb is plenty if you free up the space used by samples and background pictures.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

I have heard reports that 8330 with the v4.3xx have a problem keeping the image destination through a restart. You may find your memory card selection is being reset, if so, you will need to reset it regularly. The upgraded OS has been reported to cure that problem.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 01-03-09 at 05:15 PM.
    01-03-09 05:11 PM
    A few days ago my BB was having problems and deleting my call logs and text messages before I had the chance to read them. My file free said 0 bytes so I deleted all that I could and did a battery pull to try and fix the problem which didn't help much to get above the recommended file space.
    I'm responding to this specifically because you're question was answered as far as the memory card goes. But for others who have this problem:

If you do not use a memory card on your phone, your internal memory starts to delete call logs and messages when your memory capacity starts to get full. On its own, it deletes what it's programmed to think is "least priority." So least priority in this case for your BB are call logs and messages. This eventually will happen when you don't use a memory card.
    01-03-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD