so i can't figure out what's going on with my blackberry. i've been experiencing serious memory drain in the last month and i can't figure out why. so here's what's happening: i do a batt pull and my phone starts out at about 12 million bytes free...within 3-4 hours it's usually around the 500,000 mark...if i let it go for 8 hours or so it drops to zero. everytime, without fail. at first i thought it was sensobi contacts because it was the last thing i downloaded before this started happening. deleted it, same problem. EXCEPT now there's a new twist, i've been doing batt pulls and the memory is starting out lower and lower...i've cleared allll my messages, browser cache, everything, but nothing seems to work. i just did a battery pull, and it started out at 5 million. yesterday it started at 9. what in the heck is goin on?! sorry this is so long winded, i just want to be thorough in what is happening so perhaps i can get to the bottom of this! thanks guys!
    10-20-09 11:55 PM
    memory is so hard to pin point without looking at the device in its entire with everything installed. It could be tied to a 3rd party app.
    10-21-09 01:24 AM
    ok folks i'm in a moment of desperation here...just leaked 2 million in less than 20 mins. i'm steadily deleting apps to no avail-can anyone help or at least point me in the right direction? thank you!
    10-26-09 12:53 AM
    You really need to get a handle on your file free memory. Starting at 12 is way to low a starting point. Right away when you start out, your device is going to use 5 to 8 MB just to run. What you're seeing isn't a leak, it's just your device running. I'm on wap and can't see what device you have, but you really need to follow the memory guide, and take a look at your apps and themes - if you have them. Some have got to go.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD