So I'm on the road with the gf and my bold is sying I am out ofapp memory.. I just installed
    A brand new eight gig card and it popped up fine. All I've really downloaded is google map facebook myspace espn and viigo. How can I free up memory or move it to my permanent storage which will be my sd card?

Also is google maps the best for freeways in cali? Were both new to that madnessm (hanks guys
    03-17-09 12:56 PM
    You can't move apps to your SD card. Try a battery pull. That should free it up temporarily. Sound like you've got a memory hog somewhere.
    03-17-09 01:21 PM
    Would I have to save my downloads and pics differentl?
    03-17-09 01:26 PM
    All media files (pictures, videos, songs, etc...) can be saved to your SD card. However, all the apps you download (including themes) are loaded and saved in Application Memory. Make sure you're properly closing each app, as this will surely free up the used memory. Especially MySpace and FaceBook, as those have been found to be especially "hoggish". If you don't close the apps, they'll continue running in the background, eating up memory.
    03-17-09 01:31 PM
    You can move everything but apps to the SD. Like music, pictures, etc. But you can't move the apps.
    03-17-09 01:49 PM
    I'm in CA too.

If you're still running the .167 that came with the phone, upgrade the OS to .247. It should help out the memory issue and runs a whole lot better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 02:19 PM
    I'm in CA too.

If you're still running the .167 that came with the phone, upgrade the OS to .247. It should help out the memory issue and runs a whole lot better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1 on the OS upgrade. But, if you're nowhere near a computer, a battery pull is your only option.
    03-17-09 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD