Hi my 8900 curve bricked. I went to ATT and they said I was in warranty and they shipped me a new phone. As I was removing my 8gb memory card from my broken 8900 I snapped the card by accident. Now the half of the card is stuck in and I have the other half. All my contacts and everything are on the card and I'm wondering if I can fix this all. PLEASE HELP ME!
    08-07-09 12:33 PM
    Err... if the card is snapped in half I don't think you can fix the card.

Aren't contacts stored on the BB memory? Not the sd card?
    08-07-09 12:36 PM
    Are we talking about the sim card, or the micro sd card here?

Either way, if you have a backup, or if you have done an OS upgrade, or possibly even loaded a theme or app using Desktop Manager, you may have a file called LoaderBackup(date).ipd in your Documents folder that contains all your information from that date prior.
    Last edited by xliderider; 08-07-09 at 12:48 PM.
    08-07-09 12:45 PM
    Are we talking about the sim card, or the micro sd card here?

Either way, if you have a backup, or if you have done an OS upgrade, or possibly even loaded a theme or app using Desktop Manager, you may have a file called LoaderBackup(date).ipd in your Documents folder that contains all your information from that date prior.
    Either of the items mentioned above are designed to take a lot of stress. For either of these items to be "broke" would take a fair bit of mis treatment. Buddy I would say your SOL.

Should also mention that the contacts are not stored on Micro SD card. They are either on the SIM or in the device memory.
    08-07-09 01:15 PM
    How exactly did it snap? o.O
    08-07-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD