The sites I normally visit to defend the BlackBerry bashing articles have basically dried up? What gives? Has the media moved on because they feel BlackBerry is completely done and not worth reporting on? Or, in light of z30 dominating the Phone Thunderdome by Wired, the Pentagon win, and all the other good news as of late, has the media decided to ignore BlackBerry all together as not to draw attention to it. I have no blackboard so to speak other than CB.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 11:06 PM
    BlackBerry stock has been rising blackberry is doing really great since john Chen took over soo the media can't say anything bad about blackberry anymore

Posted via the amazing z30 from @BlackBerrygrow follow me on Twitter
    olalere adepoju likes this.
    01-21-14 11:18 PM
    Haven't seen or heard, "BlackBerry is dead", for a while. Maybe the nay sayers are busy eating their words. Who wants to look like a ***** now, hey? lol
    01-22-14 02:44 AM
    Lol does it have to be a conspiracy just because u haven't heard enough reporting of it as you'd like?

Stock is up from the string of good news but it's not like that's enough to act like the company is free of trouble. If people want to bash, let them but hopefully BlackBerry can get to a point where there isn't a whole lot left to bash about

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, JeepBB and eldricho like this.
    01-22-14 02:47 AM
    I have noticed that the media hardly ever covers any good news when it comes to BlackBerry. That attention is usually reserved for Apple.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    01-22-14 06:36 AM
    Lol does it have to be a conspiracy just because u haven't heard enough reporting of it as you'd like?
    It's because some people actually believe that the media got together and hatched a conspiracy against BBRY and somehow managed to keep it a secret from everyone except a few astute commenters on BBRY fan sites.
    Acidwire, mikeo007, Rello and 1 others like this.
    01-22-14 07:13 AM
    CNBC had Andrew Left on yesterday. I was hoping he would talk about his positive research paper on BBRY but he was there to talk about something else. While waiting for his segment they had a thing they call Bye or Buy where they pick 4 stocks and ask their talking heads to recommend if they should sell (bye) or buy. BBRY was one of the stocks and it got a Buy.
    Yeah ,I was waiting for that and missed it,But I did manage to find him on BNN,yesterday,https://t.co/v2GwFAUoM6
    01-22-14 07:26 AM
    It's because some people actually believe that the media got together and hatched a conspiracy against BBRY and somehow managed to keep it a secret from everyone except a few astute commenters on BBRY fan sites.
    My God, you're onto us. You guys are quicker than we thought.
    gokulesh likes this.
    01-22-14 07:32 AM
    Well, it seems to me the media has moved on. So who is the new target. My bet it will be Apple. Aging hardware, uninspiring software that still can't to basic things properly, the iPhone 5c flop, the NSA backdoor, and the rolling disaster of their China launch. It was sort of funny to note that China Mobile discounted the 5s in pre-launch given the lack of interest. And then there was that picture of Steve Cook in the China Mobile store with nobody caring who he was. I thought the store owner was going to hand him a mop and tell him to start cleaning. The magic is gone and the media buzzards are starting to circle.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-22-14 07:57 AM
    Not sure why anyone thinks the media has gone silent. A lot of the opinionated, click-hungry bloggers have clammed up; heck, even the perennial BB-bashers over at Seeking Alpha have crawled back into the woodwork. But the actual media outlets have been mostly as noisy as ever, only lately the tone has been noticeably more positive.
    01-22-14 08:17 AM
    I certainly don't think Apple, Microsoft and Samsung would use their media buys to influence reporting.
    Good point. I'm sure that's exactly what's going on.

/s
    Last edited by Wiki Cydia; 01-22-14 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Clarity
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-22-14 09:44 AM
    Haven't seen or heard, "BlackBerry is dead", for a while. Maybe the nay sayers are busy eating their words. Who wants to look like a ***** now, hey? lol
    That's because they are busy trying to cover their short positions before they lose their shirts.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 09:47 AM
    That's because they are busy trying to cover their short positions before they lose their shirts.

Posted via CB10
    The short position now is at 29M shares compared to 63.5 just a few months ago
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    01-22-14 09:53 AM
    The short position now is at 29M shares compared to 63.5 just a few months ago
    That great to see. No more purposefully lowering the stock price for now.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 09:54 AM
    This thread is going to get some particular visits lol

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    eldricho and world saviour like this.
    01-22-14 09:58 AM
    That great to see. No more purposefully lowering the stock price for now.

Posted via CB10
    Right but when will they get back in? Pecke* heads!!
    01-22-14 10:14 AM
    BlackBerry up again today well over $10 and I saw a thread by Phandroid? That is calling the Pentagon purchase a "government bailout" for BlackBerry. To answer the original question, I think the haters are stunned at the moment and don't really know what to make of it. I'm sure once the initial shock wears off and this continues for a while we'll start to see comeback articles.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:17 AM
    That's BS and I was thinking yesterday about the Omega 3, I am taking on a daily basis,It works for me and why would I switch and risk the pain in my joints returning if I switched brands.ha ha simple but true.
    01-22-14 10:32 AM
    Not saying its true or not, but its usually 50 years later when we (the general public) finds out about any so called conspiracy. If it is or isn't, truth is always stranger than fiction, and a naked truth is always running trying to catch a well clothed lie.
    01-22-14 10:40 AM
    Not sure why anyone thinks the media has gone silent. A lot of the opinionated, click-hungry bloggers have clammed up; heck, even the perennial BB-bashers over at Seeking Alpha have crawled back into the woodwork. But the actual media outlets have been mostly as noisy as ever, only lately the tone has been noticeably more positive.
    Yes, but I include the bloggers into the media. Seeking Alpha is definitely a BlackBerry bashing site.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:52 AM
    I have noticed that the media hardly ever covers any good news when it comes to BlackBerry. That attention is usually reserved for Apple.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    You mean like the antenna problem on a previous iPhone? Yes, you're right not covered at all.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    JeepBB, CerveloJohn and bbq10l like this.
    01-22-14 11:44 AM
    Yes, but I include the bloggers into the media. Seeking Alpha is definitely a BlackBerry bashing site.

Posted via CB10
    SA is about 50/50. But very few of them on either side actually do any of what I would call analysis. Lots of BlackBerry support in the reader comments, and of course lots of mega-bashing, too. It's good for some occasional entertainment.
    01-22-14 11:45 AM
    So this Phandroid source is saying the US Pentagon purchase is a bailout of a Canadian - domiciled company?

Jeez......

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 11:46 AM
    So this Phandroid source is saying the US Pentagon purchase is a bailout of a Canadian - domiciled company?

Jeez......

Posted via CB10
    What purchase?
    01-22-14 11:49 AM
    01-22-14 11:55 AM
56 123