I just added a whole album onto my bb, even created a new folder inside my music folder, but when I go into the media player, my album songs are mixed in with my other random songs. Is there a way to play my album in order without having to create playlists for everything?
    06-01-09 01:55 AM
    Make sure that the ID3 Track Tags are properly set. It's the track tags (not the folder structure) that the device reads.

Then you should be able to select the Album under the Albums Listing.
    06-01-09 05:52 AM
    Could you explain how to do that?
    06-01-09 07:18 PM
    MP3 Tag Tool is a great little utility to use. Once you load it up, it is pretty self explanatory. Just make sure to copy the ID3V2 info over to the ID3V1 or make sure the ID3V1 info is completely clear.
    06-01-09 07:25 PM
    What are id3 tags? Is this what is used to trace things? Do I need a program for it?
    06-01-09 07:30 PM
    You need to make sure that the "songs" are properly labeled (because the bb media player does not look where and which folder the song are located, rather it look in the properties of the song to determine to which album the song belongs).

On your computer go to each song right click and select "properties" fill in the "album name", "track number", and "artist name", then put them back on your bb (you can find on the web a lot of free programs-like mediamonkey- that will make it easier to label the songs).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mr fun; 06-01-09 at 08:01 PM.
    06-01-09 07:40 PM
    Use Media Monkey. It works great.

Open the interface. Navigate to the song location. Select Auto Tag from Web.

Repeat as needed.
    06-01-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD