I've got a Curve 8330. I connected it to the PC as a mass storage device. Copied some pictures (using windows explorer) from it to the PC and vice versa. Everything I coped to the PC is just fine.

However, every picture that I copied to the BB is not viewable on the BB. If I use windows explorer from PC and double click on the picture on the BB - it displays on the PC. If I look at the media explorer on the BB it shows that the files are there along with the correct file size. However, when I try to display the images I get the little box with the red x. So, how do I view these? They don't show up as pictures in the thumbnail views, just the little window and arrow display. They do show in the list views. But I can't see the images at all.

Images that I've taken with the camera on the BB can be viewed just fine.

Help!

JCR
    08-05-10 11:45 AM
    Do they have .jpg extension. If not the bb doesn't know what type of file it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 12:03 PM
    I checked and they all have .jpg extensions. The only thing I see that's "different" is that I created, from Windows, new directories like "Kids" and then drop and drag over to the new directory on the BB - there is no BBThumb.dat file in those directories. Explains why I don't get thumbs.

Any way to re-create the dat files?

Any other suggestions on why these aren't visible other than the red x?

JCR
    08-05-10 01:43 PM
    Hi JCR, the bb may not like the new directory. I would try to get rid of one and see how it translates. You can create a new subfolder by going to Picture Folders instead of All pictures. Just select Menu/New Folder. Then just drag the selected pics into it. Let me know how it goes! Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD