There are features and then there's the s3... Alot of gimmicks. looks cool and maybe useful but who would have all those things running on the same time at once? What do you do if you get a text message? Press that big button in the middle? Back to the home screen? Peak and flow isn't a gimmick and everyone who owns the z10 actually uses this great feature.

Posted via CB10 powered by BB10
    I will take a home button if it means having a native battery monitor that tells me what is happening with my phone. Or a native data metering app. Or having widgets where I can see my FB friends' statuses on the home screen. Or gave more than eight third party apps running.

Preferences.

And because of those preferences I'm now running my SGIII along with my Z10. Because those so called gimmicks help me manage my device and my day, and are absent on the Z10 that I'm carrying on a whim.

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-30-13 10:19 AM
    Double
    10 char
    03-30-13 10:22 AM
    You are so correct. I have been saying this for a while now. But I will say it again. If you like the Z10, you probably should of went to iOS or Android along time ago.

Basically every single thing the BlackBerry faithful had to have has been lost...
    I'd actually argue that the people who loved the legacy BB's features might feel more at home with an Android than a Z10. With an Android, you can still have fantastic battery life (some models), endless customization of functions and notifications, automated sound profiles, most of the apps BBOS had, etc.
    Saiga likes this.
    03-30-13 10:34 AM
    I'd actually argue that the people who loved the legacy BB's features might feel more at home with an Android than a Z10. With an Android, you can still have fantastic battery life (some models), endless customization of functions and notifications, automated sound profiles, most of the apps BBOS had, etc.
    This is true.

I feel that I have lost features that were of value to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:38 AM
    Why am I posting doubles?!?!?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:40 AM
    Why am I posting doubles?!?!?

Posted via CB10
    I do that with the app also. When it happens to me it is because I accidentally hit reply or reply with quote instead of hitting the three dots and going to edit.
    03-30-13 10:55 AM
    I do that with the app also. When it happens to me it is because I accidentally hit reply or reply with quote instead of hitting the three dots and going to edit.
    Ugh
    Thanks
    Wet nails don't help. :-P

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:59 AM
    And another random reboot visible at the broken lines

Media negativity about BB10-img_00000036.png

Just like yesterday's random reboot.

Media negativity about BB10-img_00000031.png

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:29 AM
    People will always believe marketing, most people are sheeps and don't like to make decisions and rather be told what to buy and how to live. Being conscious, one can look past all of it. There was and will always be few few thinking humans in the world. There are a lot of phones beside the s4 and iphone, but people are quick to judge and slow to understand. Period.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:36 AM
    People will always believe marketing, most people are sheeps and don't like to make decisions and rather be told what to buy and how to live. Being conscious, one can look past all of it. There was and will always be few few thinking humans in the world. There are a lot of phones beside the s4 and iphone, but people are quick to judge and slow to understand. Period.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously!?!?!!

Do you think I can't figure out reality on my own by running an SGIII, an iPhone 4S, and a Z10 SIMULTANEOUSLY?!?!?!

Please stop the apologist rhetoric.

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob and Saiga like this.
    03-30-13 11:44 AM
    Seriously!?!?!!

Do you think I can't figure out reality on my own by running an SGIII, an iPhone 4S, and a Z10 SIMULTANEOUSLY?!?!?!

Please stop the apologist rhetoric.

Posted via CB10
    Baaaaaaaaaa. :-p

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:58 AM
    Baaaaaaaaaa. :-p

Posted via CB10
    I know.

This wool is hot in this weather.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    03-30-13 12:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Marketing works both ways. How often do we hear "tools not toys", "BlackBerry people do", and "just use the browser" around here?

If people are sheep, then a BlackBerry owner is as much a sheep as an iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone user.
    Saiga likes this.
    03-30-13 12:54 PM
    Marketing works both ways. How often do we hear "tools not toys", "BlackBerry people do", and "just use the browser" around here?

If people are sheep, then a BlackBerry owner is as much a sheep as an iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone user.
    In my part of the world, there are no bigger sheep than Blackberry users.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    03-30-13 12:58 PM
    Undoubtedly everyone has some brand loyalty. Which is just fine.
    03-30-13 01:18 PM
    Wait I don't believe I ever said that.

Check back but those were not my words.

03-30-13 01:19 PM
    People need to understand that BlackBerry has finally released a solid device that can compete with iPhone and Android devices from a spec or hardware standpoint. The only thing the BlackBerry Z10 is missing is a growing number of apps that are popular and in demand, which is something I think will take some time. Yet, to immediately discredit the Z10 and not consider the phone's capabilities and potential is arrogant and in some ways bias.

This will probably be BlackBerry's ongoing challenge in the face of news/media and consumer gossip: Can the Z10 be a device worthy of a 2 year contract? But, what people need to do is take it for a test drive (14 day trial period) and compare the feel and functionality to everything else. Moreover, don't let the media influence the choice solely because iPhone and Android have become popular products in the mainstream.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 01:26 PM
    Wait I don't believe I ever said that.

Check back but those were not my words.

I did not quote you. I quoted "BlackBerry Guy". So yes you did not say that. Not sure WTH is wrong with the forum software. Oh well.
    03-30-13 01:30 PM
    I did not quote you. I quoted "BlackBerry Guy". So yes you did not say that. Not sure WTH is wrong with the forum software. Oh well.
    No worries love.

Just keeping record straight.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 01:38 PM
    You are so correct. I have been saying this for a while now. But I will say it again. If you like the Z10, you probably should of went to iOS or Android along time ago.

Basically every single thing the BlackBerry faithful had to have has been lost. Its so hilarious to see how people's necessities have changed to match whatever says BlackBerry on it at the time.

What happened to all of the points BlackBerry faithful used to argue with iOS and Android users?

I don't care about apps. I hate typing on a flat surface. BlackBerry has the best email. I don't need a large screen, I need all day battery life. BlackBerry has the best sound profiles, notifications and the blinking LED. I need data compression, have fun spending hundreds for data on your DROID. I need tools not toys.

I have seen people say those things on this forum so many times. Now, none of those points are true any more. The faithful no longer need the best email. Typing on glass is fine after all. Who cares if the battery dies fast? It says BlackBerry on it. So that's all that matters to some.

Posted via my Shiny Red LE Z10
    One: The keyboard is the best, most thought out touch keyboard. Even that guy from BGR admits it.
    Two: Early adopters are buying in early. Lots of folks are waiting for the Q10.
    Three: The rest of the stuff will either come or not. Again early adopters don't necessarily care at this point and are willing to chance it.

But yes, this is more like the recent Android phones. So what.
    03-30-13 01:43 PM
    I have no problems there. People tend to be repeat customers of products and companies that have given them a good experience in the past.

My comment was based more on the poster's remark about how people are seemingly sheep for Samsung and Apple products.

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    03-30-13 01:51 PM
    In my part of the world, there are no bigger sheep than Blackberry users.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly, most of the people that I know of that still love BlackBerry are the worst kind of smartphone fans. They are they type of people that bought a OS 4 curve or a BlackBerry Storm then have owned absolutely nothing but BlackBerry phones every since. They have never gave another platform a fair chance. Instead, they just insist that BlackBerry is the best option without having a clue about what the others offer.

This same type of people have called me a BlackBerry basher or hater in the past. Even though I've used a BlackBerry since before BBM allowed you to set a profile picture and I still use a BlackBerry right now. But since I use Android and WP8 along with my BlackBerry devices; I must be a trader. Just because I happen to be in touch with reality and have experience with more than one platform. Gotta love it.

Posted via my Shiny Red LE Z10
    richardat likes this.
    03-30-13 02:55 PM

I sometimes make vague references to hypocrisy, but don't specifiy.....there are too many ways to count:
    1.apps are stupid, X app is stupid, apps are for people who can't use a browser - app X just released for BB! YES! YES! YES! In your face haters!!!
    2.only isheep line-up, line-ups are for the unemployed - Z10 lineup!!! YES!! YES! YES!! (oh....oops...OP misled us all ;-)
    3.touchscreen is stupid, no way I can live without a keyboard - Z10 is the greatest phone ever!!!
    4.I don't need apps, I don't need games, I just need robust email and "communications", I am serious - (what I really need is a feature phone....or a z10 with less robust email)

More relevant to your post BGguy:

Apple buyers are sheep, look at them, lining up to buy a phone they've never even used!!!!! (never mind that I just criticized the OS and phone as having not changed) The same posters well before launch: The z10 is going to blow away everything, it is the best phone ever. I just got my preorder in, I am counting the seconds!

All fanboys are....the same. LOL
    BlackBerry Guy and Saiga like this.
    03-30-13 03:10 PM
    All corporate media is business first. They are royal to whichever company pays big advertising money & will not report anything to upset them. I am not saying they would lie but omit or twist some facts to fit whatever they want us to believe. Don't think BB has that big advertising budget yet compare to others.
    03-30-13 04:37 PM
99 ... 234