Please list examples of tech websites, news outlets, and other media that is giving BB10 a chance. I find it especially interesting to see the change in tone of some of RIM's harshes critics like BGR and Engadget. I'll start.

I was blown away by the optimism (almost giddyiness) shown by Engadget during this interview with Alec Saunders. I mean they spent the first 5 minutes (while waiting for Alec) talking about how much they were looking forward to BB10. I have watched interviews with these same guys for the last 3 years as they have completely trashed everything BlackBerry. Again, not a lot of hard information was given, but even the tone of Alec has become even more confident almost calm. Sometimes the best parts of these interviews is not what is actually said, but how it is said.

BGR has gone from saying that BB10 will dead, to "RIM's Next BlackBerry Looks Great, But It'll Take A Miracle To Make People Care" Admitting it's good and that you are "intrigued" are good first steps IMO.
    01-08-13 09:49 PM
    It'll take a miracle for the tech media to perform a reverse Apple rectal-cranial inversion and give it a chance is probably a more accurate assessment.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    01-08-13 11:40 PM
    I don't know guys, Apple seems to be losing its cool in the media. It is going to be one of the top two players for a while, but I see chinks in the armour. RIM has a chance to increase its market share.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-09-13 12:38 AM
    Hate to play the devil's advocate but it's hard for the Media to hawk BB10 products since it hasn't actually been revealed yet. How can they make any legitimate statement or comparison between BB10 and iPhone if almost everything we know about the BB10 is still either a rumor or speculation.

Why don't we wait till Jan 30, and then see how the Media reacts.
    01-09-13 07:59 AM
    I think the majority of the media is doing what its always done when it comes to RIM and that's being honest and reporting the facts or well educated opinions.

Some people love to think that the mean ole media has been picking on poor little RIM for the last few years, but I don't see it that way. In my opinion, there never was a conspiracy against RIM. The media was negative towards RIM because RIM has spent the last few years continuously screwing up.

The media has given RIM chances and RIM screwed up. That's what got RIM all of the negative press. It wasn't the media trying to hurt RIM, it was RIM hurting itself and the media pointing it out. As RIM starts doing better, the majority of the media will also be there to point out their successes. Its not about the media giving RIM a second chance, its all about RIM not screwing up.

Do we really think BB10 would exist today if it wasn't for the media or consumers pointing out all of the faults of BlackBerry devices? The fanboys like to confuse honesty and pointing out facts with hating or trolling. But without all of that honesty RIM probably would have never changed. CrackBerry nation should give the "bias media" and all of the "trolls" a big hug.
    bobauckland likes this.
    01-09-13 08:14 AM
    Some people love to think that the mean ole media has been picking on poor little RIM for the last few years, but I don't see it that way. In my opinion, there never was a conspiracy against RIM. The media was negative towards RIM because RIM has spent the last few years continuously screwing up.
    Absolutely agreed, no question

But momentum, emotions, and the "RIM will die" mentality also played a big part to amplify the media's negativity. This amplification created a "lag" between a reversal of business performance and it's recognition. Heins put in two quarters (6 months) of solid business performance under extremely difficulty conditions and has been hitting milestone after milestone since BlackBerry World last May. The stock market started recognizing this last September (stock price has doubled) even when the media was still negative. Now the media is starting to turn neutral/positive even while the general public thinks BlackBerry is toast. With Gizmodo, Engadget, and BGR turning neutral/positive, the public will soon follow. The masses will be supported by BB die-hards that have been exposed to the genius of BB10 for months.

IMO, turning the media around was one of the marquee milestones for B10 and Frank Boulben (RIM CMO) knew it; by giving BB10 a chance he has already won half the battle.
    01-09-13 12:39 PM
    I don't agree, there has been lots of RIM bashing by Tech pundits all over the web. RIM is circling the drain, saying its best for one app/ eco system to die off because devs are being spread too thin, all kinds of crap like that. Their opinions on hardware and an eco system they don't use. To me that is utter B.S! If you want to actually USE the product and post a gripe then fine, gripe where it is warranted. If you don't use it or haven't tried it since it was a 1.0 product, then just keep quiet and stop looking silly.
    01-09-13 03:15 PM
    I don't agree, there has been lots of RIM bashing by Tech pundits all over the web. RIM is circling the drain, saying its best for one app/ eco system to die off because devs are being spread too thin, all kinds of crap like that.
    Sure there is a ton of RIM bashing still going on, but there is some positive media coverage as well. Maybe it's 60% negative 30% neutral and 10% positive. One year ago, when RIM announced a 12 month delay of BB10 it was 100% pure hatred.

I #BB10Believe that it is important not to look at just the raw numbers of positive or negative articles, but also the quality and weight of the organizations behind them. If the 10% positive start to include the Gizmodo, Engadget, & BGR's of the tech world than the 60% of haters will follow. The 60% of haters are increasingly becoming the least influential and least knowledgeable regarding the enormous opportunity that RIM has here.
    01-09-13 03:29 PM