my blackberry's media card storage holds 1.8 GB. 4% is pictures, <1% for video, and 95% for other! . ive deleted all of my messages, apps, and contact pictures, but it did nothing! does anybody know what the other is and what i shuold do?
    thanks!
    10-01-11 01:38 AM
    so 95% of the card is being used up by "other"? what is it showing as free memory? the total capacity is 1.8GB (assuming its a 2GB card), how much in GB is being used and how much is showing as free?
    10-01-11 01:53 AM
    You could be seeing your phone's internal memory stats instead of the stats of the little SD Card. The phone has sample pictures that are locked and cannot be deleted so that explains the percent being pictures. The 'other' may be shared memory like the OS itself and phone apps that always run in the background (BBM, Phone, Browser, etc)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 06:01 PM
    my blackberry's media card storage holds 1.8 GB. 4% is pictures, <1% for video, and 95% for other! . ive deleted all of my messages, apps, and contact pictures, but it did nothing! does anybody know what the other is and what i shuold do?
    thanks!
    So if I am reading you right and although you have deleted almost everything andwantto knowwhat OTHER is and wantto remove it? Just go to options and scroll down to Memory. Using your BB menu key open up Memory and scroll down to Media Card and highlight free space and once again use your BB menu key and go to format which when pressed will erase your entire SD cards contents and you can start with a clean card.
    10-01-11 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD