Brad... I have a suggestion, Let's just pull out and not post here in this thread anymore, especially the last comment the OP made below yours blows my mind. You cannot just tell someone something that you know. Your comment about or his saying 0/0gb tells me there is nothing there, the card is corrupted and he simply needs a new one.

Thank you for your backup and support of many of my posts my friend.
    Ya. I've come to realize that at this point. It's just too much. I read his other duplicate thread and almost wet my pants with laughter when he stated he has a 40gb file on a 16gb memory card.......... What's wrong with THAT picture............. Lulz.

Anyway. See you around here or in the Bellshare Beta forums Brother....
    09-16-11 12:28 PM
    I also get the problem saying my media card has an error and then I can't 'repair it'
    I tried connecting the media card to my laptop (through a USB card reader) and I can't see anything. Its just filled with files that are 'fragmented' and no actual pictures that I can open. Is there any way of getting my pictures/videos back? I lost everything!!
    03-14-12 10:56 AM
    I also get the problem saying my media card has an error and then I can't 'repair it'
    I tried connecting the media card to my laptop (through a USB card reader) and I can't see anything. Its just filled with files that are 'fragmented' and no actual pictures that I can open. Is there any way of getting my pictures/videos back? I lost everything!!
    If they're all .rem files, you are out of luck. Never enable encryption unless you're at a top secret military base or where it's required and mandatory.
    03-14-12 01:27 PM
    my BB have error too while reading card
    03-16-12 07:04 AM
    my BB have error too while reading card
    Warranty replacement/repair or Go to a repair shop to replace the module if formatting using another card reader doesn't work.
    03-16-12 08:58 AM
    Hello,

Can someone please help me also as this exact thing has happened to me but I do not have access to a laptop where I can plug my defice into as I'm currently on holiday but still want to have my photos. Is there any way that I can regenerate my pictures without losing my photos?

Thanks
    08-11-12 01:29 PM
    Hello,

Can someone please help me also as this exact thing has happened to me but I do not have access to a laptop where I can plug my defice into as I'm currently on holiday but still want to have my photos. Is there any way that I can regenerate my pictures without losing my photos?

Thanks
    Do not format the card in your BlackBerry.

You could even remove the card from the device and store it in a safe place where you will not lose it until you are home, and then try copying the files from the card to your PC using the card reader on the PC.

You will have to wait until you have access to a PC to attempt to recover the pictures.
    08-11-12 01:58 PM
    If there is anybody that has an adaptor for the microSD card and a pc, it would be strongly recommended to use that. Heck, even an electronics/computer store could allow you to recover things.
    08-11-12 03:02 PM
    Hello,

I have the same issue. I've had this happen to me before and the repair never failed. I had turned my phone off and on and this message appeared. I tried to repair but it had said failed. However, first attempt I did click save clusters b/c I couldn't remember what if I had done that last time. I tried few more times and rebooted again and nothing. I tried to connect to my PC so i can drag, but the BB folder which has pics/videos/etc is not even there. I would reformat, but I don't want to lose my pics/videos. Any suggestions?? Thank you!!
    10-20-12 09:55 AM
    Use an SD adaptor and card reader if you have one, then see if windows will read the card. If it doesn't, and gives the message that it needs to be formatted, you've lost everything, as the partition is basically deleted or corrupt. This is completely seperate from the file system.If after formatting the card doesn't work in the blackberry and you get the "media card cannot be read due to fatal error", it means the microSD reader is done, dead, finished. You'll need to get a replacement blackberry, via warranty or insurance, or if that's out of the question, go to a repair shop to have that module replaced, if they can do it.
    Hello,I have the same issue. I've had this happen to me before and the repair never failed. I had turned my phone off and on and this message appeared. I tried to repair but it had said failed. However, first attempt I did click save clusters b/c I couldn't remember what if I had done that last time. I tried few more times and rebooted again and nothing. I tried to connect to my PC so i can drag, but the BB folder which has pics/videos/etc is not even there. I would reformat, but I don't want to lose my pics/videos. Any suggestions?? Thank you!!
    Phly_kid likes this.
    10-20-12 02:16 PM
    How about if my memory card not presently available while the memory card was inserted.
    10-23-12 07:24 PM
    I wish i came across this thread earlier!!!!

Lost all my pics, music, and videos

Will be sure to follow the instructions posted here! Thanks guys!
    10-23-12 10:20 PM
    Hey, when I put it into my PC the Blackberry folder doesn't come up. The one with my pics/vids/songs, etc.
    10-24-12 08:31 PM
    Just seeing this page now but i was able to restore my stuff by putting my memory card in a memory card reader and the stuff showed on pc and after trying it several times on phone including rebooting the phone it showed back. I think this post should be stickied thugh
    10-29-12 04:28 AM
    use nokia 6120c to formating
    10-29-12 04:50 AM
    This happens to me quite frequently actually, and I usually just pull out the micro sd card, put it back in and it's good to go. I always chalked it up as a connection error after the bumps and drops my phone has gone through. Only has ever had this error on my 9930 though. Never on my 9630 or 9650
    10-29-12 02:36 PM
    Every time I reboot my device I get this message " A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the media card now. I choose yes and then another message pops up that reads ''If lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save them?" I choose yes again. I get "Repairing card... please wait" and then "Media card repair failed". Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    Hello guys, well am facing the same problem, every time app manager would restart it, I ll get this popup. M sick n tired of this msg now.. Cuz its been time and again that I ve been moving my data from pc to sd card and formating mem card from my phone... 8gb of data takes a while, I can't afford loosing that much time every week. No way! Is there any way I can avoid this msg?? Is it bcoz m puting the same corrup data on my mem card? Corrupt data as in some images that might nt be 100% accurate bt 1cm frm the top or @ the bottom would have a grey coloerd thick 1cm line, that shows me that its corrupt..... Shall I not put that corrupt data back on it? Do u want me to try putting fresh new files? And if the phone is turned off, u know hw it wakes up wid power key in few seconds... So when the phone is off,is it safe to remove the sd card directly or shall I turn it on & then select remove safely from storage option?
    Sorry I ve just got too many questions here!
    Hope to see a reply soon
    11-01-12 06:04 AM
    Thank you, i performed the suggested fiz. However, when i input memory card on SD in computer and access folder (BB camera), it gives me an error that folder is corrupted and I cannot see any of the pictures taken with my BB camera. Any other fix that you recommed to recover this data?
    01-06-13 07:04 PM
    This same incident happened to me. I'm slightly annoyed because I want my music & pics back, MOSTLY my pics. What if I don't have a memory card reader, what other options can I pursue?
    04-16-13 11:39 PM
    When I put my memory card in a memory reader and drag the files onto the desktop, it shows:
    1 Action interrupted
    The file name you specified is not valid or too long.
    Specify a different file name.

So I tried to change the file name but it shows the same things again. Please help me in fixing my blackberry.
    07-12-13 09:52 AM
    hi I've done what you've said & now im trying to copy my pictures and music too my blackberry but it says "This device has either stop responding or has been disconnected" and i cannot get any of my pictures and music onto my blackberry.
    07-13-13 04:35 PM
    My memory card is showing that message and my phone doesn't want to fix it how can I repair it cause I don't want to buy a new memcard and I don't have internet or computers around how can I fix on my own please help!
    07-16-13 12:13 PM
    I bought a new higher end mini SD card and never had a problem since.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:49 PM
    i have the same problem like ammunet91. but the thing is i dont have memory card reader. and i try using the USB but seems like it its didnt pop up on my laptop. so how do i recovery then.
    11-19-13 08:51 AM
    YES very simple... I had the same thing happen. First of all you never want to save the clusters because of you went in and viewed your media card you would see them and they do nothing but take up space but you want to keep this from happening any further so....

Take out your media card and place it in a card reader connected to your PC and simply just drag and drop whatever you have on it to your desktop which will be fine or you can create a folder call it media and place everything there on your desktop.

Now with everything off place your media card back into your BB and go to options> Media Card and format the card on your device. This will clear anything that was corrupted or this would even be a good time to get a larger card if you wish but format it on your device. Having done this take it out and place it back in your card reader and drag everything back onto it from your PC. Place it back into your BB and this problem will never happen again.

I know it sounds like alot but is the best way to do this and will give you the best results. Let me know if I helped you or if you need further help. Best of luck.
    I've ever faced this problem before and I did exactly as you said,but now it's coming up again ...
    Is there something wrong with my BB/memory card/the file in my memory card??
    Help me...
    01-06-14 06:24 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD