Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my media card and I know you all have a solution for me. I searched but did not find any info.

I had some movies on my 1G card that came with my phone. After deleting them, I can't add any more movies onto my card. It says the memory is full. How can this be since I just deleted 3 movies? When I delete a movie, the total memory count available doesn't go down.

Any ideas?
    07-28-08 10:51 AM
    The movie isnt deleting. How are you deleting it? Do you go into your media app > menu > explore > navigate to movies > menu > delete? or are you going into the app, then movies, then menu > delete? Also try a battery pull after deleting to see if that helps. The media player only scans for media when the card is inserted/removed or when the device reboots.
    07-28-08 10:55 AM
    This may sound silly but.....

have you set your default storage for videos to your media card?

When you are on video camera, select options, then go to folder and check if it says media card/blackberry/videos/

If you do not set it to your media card, it will not save to your media card.

Also make sure that your phone recognizes the media card, if you do not have anything else on the phone, you might want to reformatting if everything else fails or back up your media card before reformatting.
    07-28-08 10:57 AM
    You may need to do a battery pull to clear the item from the BB's cache.
    07-28-08 10:59 AM
    The movie isnt deleting. How are you deleting it? Do you go into your media app > menu > explore > navigate to movies > menu > delete? or are you going into the app, then movies, then menu > delete? Also try a battery pull after deleting to see if that helps. The media player only scans for media when the card is inserted/removed or when the device reboots.
    I'm deleting the movies using mass storage mode on my mac. The movies I deleted are not on the card or the phone when I go to media>all movies.

I tried the two soft reset trick and that didn't work. I'm going to try your idea.

Trying now...
    07-28-08 11:01 AM
    The battery pull did the job. Boy do I feel stupid!
    Note to self: The trick where you alt/shift/delete twice is not the same as a battery pull!

Thanks y'all.
    Kristi
    07-28-08 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD