I rebooted my phone this morning using "alt + del + rshift" like I do every morning. When it booted up I got the "your media card has errors" message and I had to reformat my media card. I lost everything that was on it. How does that just happen?
    03-15-10 09:20 AM
    Good question - mine went completely unreadable a few weeks ago. Couldn't even format it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 09:41 AM
    03-15-10 09:54 AM
    Already tried all of those steps, my pc or bb wouldn't even recognize that a media card was inserted. Bit the bullet and bought a new one.
    03-15-10 11:12 AM
    I don't know if anyone can answer the question as to why it happens, but the lesson to be learned is that you need to make copies (to your pc hard drive) of your sd card whenever you've added something to it that would be painful to lose.
    03-15-10 11:29 AM
    I don't know if anyone can answer the question as to why it happens, but the lesson to be learned is that you need to make copies (to your pc hard drive) of your sd card whenever you've added something to it that would be painful to lose.
    Learned my lesson long before I entered the world of BB's. Lost about 3 months of kids' photos and videos about 8 years ago - I now have mirrored internal drives, an external network backup and Carbonite pc online backup. Doesn't do squat for BB memory cards, so I do all of that manually every week.
    03-15-10 11:32 AM
    Tons of people are getting scammed with fakes on eBay. Make sure you buy a card from a known, good manufacturer. If the price is too good to be true, it's a fake. Check major sites for reasonable pricing and shop carefully. The failure rate on cheap cards is very high, and good ones still cost a lot of money.
    03-15-10 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD