There is a huge stock of BlackBerry passports brand new, sitting on Warehouse shelves they're not going to sell very easily with the old BlackBerry operating system but they are still good for running Android with some minor modifications upgraded memory and upgraded processor. If it is indeed to run Android as we know it.

The week coding of the operating system from for the Samsung Galaxy S8 was done as a collaboration between Samsung and blackberry.

There are a good number of rumours about a new operating system that is believed to be worked on by blackberry and Samsung and since Google seems to be separately interested that they are likely to be on board as well there were made new operating system may well be the same one.

Samsung have a number of BlackBerry passports which they would not otherwise need and these are being used by their test Labs and have been seen as such but nobody knows what they are running.
    Memory and processors are usually embedded and can't just be pulled out like a desktop unit. The whole mobo would have to be replaced if you want to upgrade an embedded component on the passport.
    09-11-17 07:40 PM
    As a Passport user I just found the Keyone too small. I am waiting for Keytwo with a larger screen and keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    I agree. After having the passport for a couple years, I feel I need a wider screen, not a longer one. My ideal phone would be some kind of a passport/priv hybrid or a passport 2 with something like a 4:3 screen. Hell, maybe they could do a stylus with it too.
    09-12-17 12:18 AM
    There is a huge stock of BlackBerry passports brand new, sitting on Warehouse shelves
    [citation needed]

The re-coding of the operating system for the Samsung Galaxy S8 was done as a collaboration between Samsung and blackberry.
    [citation needed]

There are a good number of rumours about a new operating system that is believed to be worked on by blackberry and Samsung
    [citation needed]

Samsung have a number of BlackBerry passports which they would not otherwise need and these are being used by their test Labs and have been seen as such but nobody knows what they are running.
    [citation needed]
    09-17-17 07:04 AM
    Unless they make their slab completely unique in looks, I don't think they'll do well. They should use OLED display with high quality aluminum body because it seems like Samsung is getting sloppy with their phones and making them look like cheap plastics rather than anything premium.
    Aluminum bodies are sooo.... 2013.

With Apple and Samsung both now going all glass, and they are both dominating the flagship market.... I expect that's just the way things are going to be.

TCL is going high profit margins and low construction cost.... there is no room for costly high quality stuff. With the OLED shortages, I doubt your going to see one on a BlackBerry anytime soon.
    09-19-17 11:53 AM
    Just found this article. It is a few weeks old but makes sense. Basic KY the motion is a dtek 50 replacement and the upcoming Juno will be the 60 replacement. So the 60 will be a little more high end.

http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/ne...images-1664933

#luvmybb10os
    10-11-17 01:38 PM
    Like the idea of the Motion, just debating over another Dtek60 (had one at last job), or Motion. Dtek60 battery life was c#*p, for some reason the Bluetooth would kill the battery even only on for a couple hours a day. Couldn't get from 7 AM to 7 PM without a recharge, with only 2 hours of Bluetooth on. Concerned about sound (love my z30 for conf. calls, Dtek was OK), and don't want a worse camera than the Dtek60. Not a spec w#8@e, and I get that the 625 will contribute to battery life. Will wait and see from some users and reviewers how they compare. Still using my Z30 and have a functional Z10 that I like as well. Just need to go to the BBAndroid to get more functional apps. Too many don't work (or are laggy) on my Z30. Not a gamer, don't care about that. Tried a Passport SE, don't want to go back to a PKB. Wondering if there will be a faster//better Motion in a few months as happened with the Dteks and Keyone.
    danfrancisco likes this.
    11-12-17 11:37 AM
    That's good.
    11-12-17 09:22 PM
57 123