PKB especially...

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 07:53 PM
    It's well known they're working on at least 2 other devices. Though, if you want to believe rumors, they won't be PKB. Instead, they'll be more traditional slabs.
    06-09-17 08:44 PM
    Sorry to learn that since Passport is great and now I want another PKB maybe not Keyone though
    poloandpearls likes this.
    06-09-17 08:55 PM
    It's well known they're working on at least 2 other devices. Though, if you want to believe rumors, they won't be PKB. Instead, they'll be more traditional slabs.
    Maybe a Keytab in the works, can't wait...
    06-09-17 09:15 PM
    Can't get James N to throw us a bone? TCL needs a trio of unique to BlackBerry phones out in the market, all reflective of the KEYone design language.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 07:03 AM
    Blackberry Mobile is taking it slow I believe, as it make sense that their blackberry portfolio would be three: Keyone (keyboard), flagship touchscreen, and mid/low touchscreen
    06-10-17 01:50 PM
    no pkb, not BlackBerry to me and many
    tazcubed and James Pelletier like this.
    06-15-17 05:05 PM
    touchscreen phones make up the majority of the smartphone market and it would be stupid for BlackBerry mobile not to go after that segment, as there is more money be made catering to that segment than pkb buyers. As long as Blackberry mobile keeps making at least one pkb I will be happy.
    Last edited by ChainPunch; 06-18-17 at 09:15 AM.
    srzjumper likes this.
    06-17-17 11:07 PM
    Blackberry Mobile is taking it slow I believe, as it make sense that their blackberry portfolio would be three: Keyone (keyboard), flagship touchscreen, and mid/low touchscreen
    Not a flagship pkb?
    06-18-17 09:00 AM
    Not a flagship pkb?
    The KEYone works fine for me as a flagship. The slight performance tradeoff in favor of exceptional battery makes it a premium device as far as I'm concerned.

The main reason for higher end specs would be media/games, and for that a full sized screen is much better anyway.

I would hope for a higher spec KEYtwo in 2018.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-18-17 09:31 AM
    Not a flagship pkb?
    Not for 2017. As bla1ze mention previously, all indications are pointing to two touchscreen phones for this year. Unless the Keyone sells really well, I don't see blackberry mobile releasing a flagship pkb device. Remember the problem blackberry had when they were producing hardware was that they had way too many phones and the cost of producing so many phones added up. To many blackberry mobile should stick to a small portfolio of hardware and work on making those phones best in their respective class. I do hold out hope that when the successor for the Keyone comes out that they will switch from mid ranger specs to flagship specs. The problem blackberry mobile will have to face with any pkb devices is the price point and their pkb phones always being unfairly compared to touchscreen phones with the same specs.
    06-18-17 09:35 AM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The KEYone works fine for me as a flagship. The slight performance tradeoff in favor of exceptional battery makes it a premium device as far as I'm concerned.

The main reason for higher end specs would be media/games, and for that a full sized screen is much better anyway.

Agreed. KeyOne will be it for 2017.....

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 06:25 AM
    As a Passport user I just found the Keyone too small. I am waiting for Keytwo with a larger screen and keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    anon(10218918) and tazcubed like this.
    06-21-17 09:15 AM
    touchscreen device slated for release in September or so...
    06-21-17 09:25 AM
    touchscreen device slated for release in September or so...
    September will be February or March. It surely has to be a "special " phone that has a competitive edge, The potential to appeal to all people in the market for a new phone. I would hope TCL can have a multiple pronged attack on the market place not just niche. I am holding out for a full screen touch that has Blackberry DNA larger screen no less than 6 " screen- big battery/ good screen to really be able to see the spreadsheets/ the quality of the Passport screen was fabulous, even if too small.
    I have trialled the Lenovo Phab 2 for screen size and it is brilliant, shame this has no support and only 3 gb ram. A BB this size would be my goto for everything.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    06-25-17 10:45 AM

Agreed!
    06-25-17 10:58 AM
    I would like a nice all-touch competitor to the S8 or Note. I'm willing to pay for a high-end device.
    07-05-17 11:02 PM
    Part of the problem is that Blackberry insists on reinventing the wheel but in the end comes up with products that are essentially close cousins to previous models. If they focused on IMPROVING the phones (and carrying familiar names) they might actually achieve some cost savings along with retained customers. Iterative changes works for Apple and Samsung amongst others- perhaps the head honchos should start paying attention.
    07-06-17 11:52 AM
    Not a flagship pkb?
    Probably not enough market for a high end PKB. PKB users are pragmatic business users and all day battery is much better than high end. TCL can spit out lots of rebranded Alcatel devices but a PBK would take a unique design so they're probably going to limit these. I can see BlackBerry branded high and low end all touch every year but perhaps a biennial release of a PKB.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-09-17 12:07 PM
    I'm about to buy my first non-blackberry smartphone. The Dtek60 is gone / not for sale anywhere and I have nothing to buy. My Priv is freezing and I'm sick of it. Sad.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    07-13-17 10:04 PM
    I'm about to buy my first non-blackberry smartphone. The Dtek60 is gone / not for sale anywhere and I have nothing to buy. My Priv is freezing and I'm sick of it. Sad.
    Only option right now is KEYone or wait for next device, likely September or later based on lack of info and buzz. I have a couple of DTEK50's to replace so I'm in the same boat.
    07-15-17 09:56 AM
    If TCL wants to compete with a high end BlackBerry touch screen slab then it's gonna have to wow everyone. With the beautiful Galaxy Note 8 and iPhone 8 slated for release within a year, the BlackBerry slab is gonna have to make a statement. If they go the way they did with the KEYone in terms of specs, it's gonna fail miserably.
    07-16-17 04:53 AM
    If TCL wants to compete with a high end BlackBerry touch screen slab then it's gonna have to wow everyone. With the beautiful Galaxy Note 8 and iPhone 8 slated for release within a year, the BlackBerry slab is gonna have to make a statement. If they go the way they did with the KEYone in terms of specs, it's gonna fail miserably.

I would doubt it is going to be high-end or we'll ever see a high-end Blackberry mobile device - you then directly compete against Apple and Samsung - and that is to be avoided for a player doing marketing, adverting and carrier relations on the cheap.
    07-16-17 08:59 AM
    If they want to compete at the high end in the first place. Between the KEYone and the next device (Krypton/BBD100-x) they seem like they want tepid mid range devices.
    07-16-17 09:01 AM
    I too would be very surprised at a high-end device, and this is most likely for the better. Beyond the KEYone and the "Krypton", a competitor to the affordable Nokia and Motorola devices would make a lot of sense.
    hvacdon likes this.
    07-16-17 03:25 PM
57 123