Hi all and this is my 1st post on this forum. Always been a blackberry fan, had a phone for many years. I got a Storm 2 9550, fantastic phone but far from perfect although to me its better then an Iphone.
    RIM is innovating but need to boost their hardware performance and have a better OS. OS is good overall all, my main complain has always been the lag, especially when switching between numbers and the alphabet.
    I would be good with a fast processor, more ram, and a few good improvements to the OS or better yet, switching to an Android OS (its light, flexible, very versatile and lets not forget the apps or even opengl.)
    I never like the Iphone nor mac products, as a computer engineer, I've always their OS and hardware has always had major flaws.
    I ain't ******** about Blackberry products, by no means. They are great phones, but quite simply as a consumer, I want more. I don't see myself switching phones any time soon unless I see a another sure press phone xD
    My wish list, higher resolution screen, upgraded hardware (processor, camera), maybe HD recording, 4g (not really a requirement im ok with 3g,) and an improved OS (just need it to be faster or switch over to android)

I do find myself like many others looking at other phones, like android based phones. It's hard not to when they are superior by far (except for the email system and surepess ;p i'm speaking i terms of hardware and OS.) I don't see myself switching any time soon unless something great comes out and it has sure press ;p

Just my 2 cense to RIM.
    06-07-10 02:55 PM
    06-07-10 03:25 PM
    ;(
    Is blackberry seeing this?
    06-07-10 08:39 PM
    ;(
    As long as their customers have the "My BB just works" and "My BB is just fine for my needs" attitude, you will never see any innovation from RIM. Until RIM loses a ton of marker share than you will see something from RIM (unless one of the others big dogs beat them to it, which I can see it always being the case at this point).
    06-07-10 08:48 PM
    you will never see any innovation from RIM. Until RIM loses a ton of marker share than you will see something from RIM
    It is only a matter of time before they are taken over by Apple and Android. Too much innovation by Apple and Google and too much feet dragging by RIM. If the fruit phone goes to Verizon you can almost say goodnight, considering Verizon has more subscribers than Sprint and T-Mobile combined.
    06-07-10 09:21 PM
    As long as their customers have the "My BB just works" and "My BB is just fine for my needs" attitude, you will never see any innovation from RIM. Until RIM loses a ton of marker share than you will see something from RIM (unless one of the others big dogs beat them to it, which I can see it always being the case at this point).
    I co-sign this all day.

I've been with RIM easily for 6 or 7 years. I think they put out a fine product, but even I am losing some of my passion for RIM. I don't see a whole lot of innovation anymore, almost to the point it's like they aren't trying. RIM pretty much is releasing the same phone, multiple times, every year.....and people are fine with this???

The slider looks nice, it really does. But i think many like it mainly because of the form factor, and thats fine. Finally something different from RIM. I still look at other platforms, and it seems like a lot of the bells and whistles still haven't come to the BB platform.

Android doesn't really do it for me, but WebOS looks fantastic
    06-07-10 09:38 PM
    It makes a whole lotta sense. Why would u buy 199 dollar tour, I mean bold 9650 over a 199 incredible. Anybody who see the specs and is a smart consumer will see the better value in the incredible.

RIM can't fool everybody. Nokia tried to do the same thing back in 06 when they were top dog. Just keep releasing the same old devices. Now Nokia is in a whole lot of hurt and loss consumer confidence. They still have a lot of marketshare worldwide but their profit is less than apple. RIM is treading along the same path.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 09:39 PM
    Read the forums here. People do pick up the Bold over the Droid for their reasons not yours.

06-07-10 10:21 PM
    I don't really get all of these posts. Rim is doing well. They make the best business devices around. Android and exchange do not mix very well. I'm sure the incredible is fun, but if I wanted a fun phone I would go iphone hands down.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-07-10 10:36 PM
    I wish I could collect a nickel for every single one of these posts, I'd be a rich man. I'm tired of reading posts from people who never seem happy. OP, with all due respect, go get yourself an Incredible, enjoy it, go post on their forums. Obviously, you have nothing to gain here. Whining, ******** and moaning will get you nothing. RIM does what RIM wants to do and believe me, they have plenty of people out there doing surveys and demographic research. They're not going to fail, they're not going to drop off the face of the earth.

Personally, I have TRIED to like the Incredible, but find nothing about it that is...well, "incredible." Fast browser, yes...and it ends there. Crappy display, poor visibility outdoors, battery life is reportedly (no experience with it myself) very poor, it doesn't even have bluetooth voice dialing!

I don't understand how so many could make such significant purchases only to regret it. I guess nobody does research before they buy.
    06-07-10 10:46 PM
    I watched the IPhone launch streaming blog dealie today (gal at the office is an iPhone fanatic) and while there was some cool stuff launched with the iPhone, there is nothing that would pull me away from BB.

We all see it every day on here. People always talking about how they got this device, or that device, Android, iPhone, WebOS, etc., and they almost always come back to BB and their "boring" OS. The fact is that BB works, and there's something about the effiency of the platform that keeps people coming back again and again. I'm lucky enough that I get to play around with the new devices as they come out, and while there are a lot of cool things you can do with other platforms, they just don't do what I want them to do, that's why I stick with BB. Best platform for what I require.

06-07-10 10:55 PM
    I'd say these kids are starting to sound like a stuck record, but they wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
    06-07-10 11:00 PM
    I'd say these kids are starting to sound like a stuck record, but they wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
    Yeah. I think we need separate forums just for those that want to spread the good word of the iphone or android on Crackberry. Oh wait�

06-07-10 11:08 PM
    ;(
    Yes!
    RIM waits to read your posts.

06-07-10 11:08 PM
    LOL, excellent!

06-07-10 11:35 PM
    wel as much as I use my BB and BT and see that the Android phones for the most part do not have voice dialing the Motorola Droid and the Incredible both do not have voice dialing. This is a real DEAL BREAKER for me. I have to have voice dialing.
    But I also really like BB and doubt I will make the switch It does what I need and as long as that continues, no reason for me to jump ship. I think the new OS will be great. I am happy and those who make the switch, good luck and whatever works for you...........I hope it will be fine. I won't bash a device and I don't like how some people feel they have to bash something when they leave it. We are entitled to our likes and dislikes I like BB and am staying with it
    06-08-10 12:13 AM
    I have dumped my Blackberry three times only to come back. All the new talk about Android and iPhone 4, it is natural to want to try something new but in the very end I came back all three times and was glad I did.

It is really all about what is MOST important to YOU! If the internet and games mean to most, maybe the Blackberry is not for you.

To me my Blackberry is a business device and I depend on it to get my email, track my schedule and give me phone service and nothing does better than my 9700.

I say go for it, get that new phone but do not sell your Blackberry. You will know is plenty of time before your 30 day return time if your new phone is for you!
    06-08-10 06:00 AM
    Yeah. I think we need separate forums just for those that want to spread the good word of the iphone or android on Crackberry. Oh wait�

LoL ,,, if I do go with the incredible I will still keep my berry . I am still undecided tho I read good and bad about both the incredible / and the 9650 guess just gotta fiqure out which is the least bad or the most good for your needs . Now that probably confused everyone , LoL
    06-08-10 06:26 AM
    I watched the IPhone launch streaming blog dealie today (gal at the office is an iPhone fanatic) and while there was some cool stuff launched with the iPhone, there is nothing that would pull me away from BB.

We all see it every day on here. People always talking about how they got this device, or that device, Android, iPhone, WebOS, etc., and they almost always come back to BB and their "boring" OS. The fact is that BB works, and there's something about the effiency of the platform that keeps people coming back again and again. I'm lucky enough that I get to play around with the new devices as they come out, and while there are a lot of cool things you can do with other platforms, they just don't do what I want them to do, that's why I stick with BB. Best platform for what I require.

I think people are seeing the advancement of technology with these other platforms and are impressed. You can't stop innovation. The horse and buggy would work fine for getting you back and forth to work, why don't you use that? Eventually the model that RIM has stuck to since the beginning will not work any more, even in the business world. I hope they do decide to make some changes because I like their products but we will see.
    06-08-10 08:50 AM
    I think people are seeing the advancement of technology with these other platforms and are impressed. You can't stop innovation. The horse and buggy would work fine for getting you back and forth to work, why don't you use that? Eventually the model that RIM has stuck to since the beginning will not work any more, even in the business world. I hope they do decide to make some changes because I like their products but we will see.
    I agree. RIM isn't innovating at the pace of its largest competitors, Apple & now Google. I like my 9700, but seriously - why do we still have to use the battery pull more than a few times per year and even then only when upgrading software? Of course, when it comes to the battery pull, at least we can say "there's an app for that."

06-08-10 09:36 AM
    In response to the thread title, "losing our passion", there are usually a number of public service announcements in the Blackberry Discussion forum, especially early in the morning US time, relating information about products supposedly capable of increasing passion. You have to be quick, because these announcements tend to not remain long on the forum once a moderator sees them, for some reason.

I wish I could collect a nickel for every single one of these posts, I'd be a rich man.
    There is some debate about this. Some will say that it should be worded "a nickel for each ...", because "a nickle for every ..." is the same as "one nickel for all", which would only give you one nickel for the entire collection, and not riches. Unless it was a very rare nickel.
    06-08-10 10:39 AM
    Rather then waste my time responding to each one of these post below, I am just going to write one single post, knock out 3 birds with one stone.

If you do not like the thread, simply do not read it. How simple is that to do? This is a forum where opinions can be posted and gathered up. I am not promoting phones or operating systems. I am a computer engineer who is wanting to see a little more from my favorite cell phone manufacture.

The whole point of my thread is to see if other people feel what I feel and see what they think, I've learned quite a bit and appreciate their response, all except for you guys who waste space on my thread.
    Oh and Newfangled Gizmo, is response to your comment, your right I don't know what that is nor do i care you old fart

But anyways.

I just looked at the new Clam Shell, it looks neat but it still feels like much of the same old... I already have a storm 2 and I don't feel a sudden urge to get rid of my Storm 2 for it. Still lacking

So why do they get rid of these announcements snarfler?

LOL, excellent!

Newfangled Gizmo I'd say these kids are starting to sound like a stuck record, but they wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
    06-09-10 08:10 PM
    LOL. As one who is something of a grammarian, I appreciate that you pointed out this nuance. However, I am compelled to also point out that my statement had a modifier. I did not say "for every post..." I instead said "for every SINGLE post...." thus, redeeming my otherwise, questionable sentence structure ::: whew :::

There is some debate about this. Some will say that it should be worded "a nickel for each ...", because "a nickle for every ..." is the same as "one nickel for all", which would only give you one nickel for the entire collection, and not riches. Unless it was a very rare nickel.
    06-09-10 09:51 PM
    I so love posts that begin with "Rather than waste my time......" as IF! LOL

Thank you so much for your permission allowing me to ignore this thread should I so choose, I feel so free now. You state that "this is a forum where opinions can be posted and gathered up." I agree...so, as you posted your opinion, so did I and some others. We're all allowed to post our opinions, they just don't happen to coincide with yours.

The gist of these opinions though, is the fact that this is yet another of a bazillion other, very similar threads, all whining about the same thing. Since you seem to have such little free time to "waste" you might serve yourself well by reading what's ALREADY there, rather than starting yet another one of the same, thus subjecting yourself to some derision for redundancy.

Ok, enough of that. You are not alone in wanting to see "more" from RIM. I don't think anyone has ever said (well, ok, there probably are a few, lol) "Gosh darn RIM, stop with advancements, already, will ya'? Leave well enough alone!" RIM is RIM, period. This forum is chock full of complaints and derisions for their seeming failure to keep up with the joneses. I simply don't get it. If I were so unhappy, I'd simply get the device that floats my boat and I'd be long gone from Crackberry and over on another site.

Rather then waste my time responding to each one of these post below, I am just going to write one single post, knock out 3 birds with one stone.

If you do not like the thread, simply do not read it. How simple is that to do? This is a forum where opinions can be posted and gathered up. I am not promoting phones or operating systems. I am a computer engineer who is wanting to see a little more from my favorite cell phone manufacture.

The whole point of my thread is to see if other people feel what I feel and see what they think, I've learned quite a bit and appreciate their response, all except for you guys who waste space on my thread.
    Oh and Newfangled Gizmo, is response to your comment, your right I don't know what that is nor do i care you old fart

But anyways.

I just looked at the new Clam Shell, it looks neat but it still feels like much of the same old... I already have a storm 2 and I don't feel a sudden urge to get rid of my Storm 2 for it. Still lacking

So why do they get rid of these announcements snarfler?
    06-09-10 09:59 PM
    Well I did kinda contradicted myself there by taking the time to post but anyways lol

Well its not that I am un happy, no no no I am happy! It's like my 2008 GLI, its a great car, good fuel mileage (30mpg), single turbo and performance. And then I heard about the new Polo GTI. As far as performance wise, more or less the same, with the exception of a twin turbo and 40ish mpg! And then I say to myself... "wish my car did that." I don't hate my car, just want more out of it, like the Polo GTI.

I just learned recently that my Storm 2 will run the new OS6 but will run somewhat poorly because of the space requirements and I'm going to have less space for my programs. If I read the information correctly I'm going to be unhappy. And to think I almost bought a 9700, boy I would of been pist to have found out a revised version was on its way. The **** RIM thinking?

I so love posts that begin with "Rather than waste my time......" as IF! LOL

Thank you so much for your permission allowing me to ignore this thread should I so choose, I feel so free now. You state that "this is a forum where opinions can be posted and gathered up." I agree...so, as you posted your opinion, so did I and some others. We're all allowed to post our opinions, they just don't happen to coincide with yours.

The gist of these opinions though, is the fact that this is yet another of a bazillion other, very similar threads, all whining about the same thing. Since you seem to have such little free time to "waste" you might serve yourself well by reading what's ALREADY there, rather than starting yet another one of the same, thus subjecting yourself to some derision for redundancy.

Ok, enough of that. You are not alone in wanting to see "more" from RIM. I don't think anyone has ever said (well, ok, there probably are a few, lol) "Gosh darn RIM, stop with advancements, already, will ya'? Leave well enough alone!" RIM is RIM, period. This forum is chock full of complaints and derisions for their seeming failure to keep up with the joneses. I simply don't get it. If I were so unhappy, I'd simply get the device that floats my boat and I'd be long gone from Crackberry and over on another site.
    06-10-10 03:37 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD