Over the past 2 months I've been thinking about RIM and all the negative press they've been receiving. I love my Torch 2 and my PlayBook and I believe that there are few devices that beat the 9810 and, in my judgement, NOTHING beats the PlayBook.

I'm also one of those who would get irritated to hear someone mention that RIM will soon follow the way of Nokia (albeit a bit misinformed). I further hate when they say that if RIM doesn't get bought out, she is doomed to failure.

But now I'm not so sure that would be a bad thing. As much as I love my BlackBerry products, I have to admit RIM has made some really **** poor decisions. And they seem to keep on making these silly little mistakes. So I'm beginning to think that maybe it's not such a bad idea for RIM to be bought out so people at the top can finally make decision for the company that make sense.

BlackBerry started it's decline when they held so fast to the beloved keyboard notion that they missed the boat almost completely with the touchscreen phenomenon. As great as the keyboard input was/is, it's now not sexy and therefore, as appealing as other devices to most new users. Even though BlackBerry produces great products, they are not being bought because people not buying efficiency per se, they're buying what's in vogue and keyboards are not it!!!!!

So now their only hope is to offer a new device that not only keeps up with the competition, the new device has to do something different - something bigger and better than all the others. But alas, the corporate heads have shown us time and time again that they STUBBORN and they will insist their will on the potential consumer. It seems the only thing that will stop them is to remove them. Sadly, at this point, the only way to remove them is to buy them out.

Give it up Jim and Mike. I'd much rather support fine products than support CEO's who were once at the cutting edge.
    10-12-11 11:55 PM
    Not gonna happen.
    10-13-11 12:23 AM
    Not gonna happen.
    +1, as more and more carriers get the new devices I'd say they'll start picking back up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 12:27 AM
    I liked Kevin's write up on why Google should buy them. Would have made much more sense than Motorola. RIM would not sell anyway.
    10-13-11 03:31 AM
    Not gonna happen.
    This stands correct. No matter how many say this or that, RIM decides on it's own.

10-13-11 03:39 AM
    Whos gonna buy them? Google? If that happened id start using a basic phone again.

AZ87 likes this.
    10-13-11 03:46 AM
    Motorola made the most sense for Google to buy. It was a company who desperately needed help and was already fully committed to Android.

I don't think a company that exists that would make sense in a RIM acquisition.
    10-13-11 04:14 AM
    The current rumor put out by the Canadian Jaguar investment group who now own quite a bit od of RIM's stock and claim that they have the support of 8% of sharholders stocks, is that RIM should be broken into 3 seperate companies. These would be:

- a phone company
    - a network company
    - a patents company

I read this on Reuters and here's the link UPDATE 3-Jaguar says support grows for a RIM shake-up
    10-13-11 04:20 AM
    I took this from a post by lotuslanderz from another thread

Questions for Jaguar Financial on their Research In Motion Activism - Forbes

Kinda puts into question the credibility or relevancy of Jaguar
    10-13-11 04:31 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Don't underestimate how strong RIM is .. and with the new OS7 phones and major enhancements to the Playbook imminent and new QNX around the corner ... they will still be a formidable force in this field ...

There are many firms that would love to be RIM! .... or acquire them! .. if they could!! trust me on that one!
    10-13-11 08:48 AM
    Don't underestimate how strong RIM is .. and with the new OS7 phones and major enhancements to the Playbook imminent and new QNX around the corner ... they will still be a formidable force in this field ...

There are many firms that would love to be RIM! .... or acquire them! .. if they could!! trust me on that one!
    We've all been saying that for months and some even longer.

When are we going to see results?
    10-13-11 01:28 PM
    We've all been saying that for months and some even longer.

When are we going to see results?
    Approximately 60 days..isn't that the general RIM answer?
    10-13-11 01:49 PM
    Approximately 60 days..isn't that the general RIM answer?
    Haha.... that's a good one.

I'm not hating but it's not like this isn't a valid question.
    10-13-11 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD