As I said before, will some posters ever tire of constantly point out the obvious time and time again? Some really do sound like a broken record.

Nothing wrong with "blindly following" if you already enjoy their product. It's only a phone not a religion or political party. It's a choice people make to stick with one company, trough thick and thin, their choice.

Should people support their favorite football team even when loosing or should everybody just follow the winning team?

Imagine a BlackBerry fan website/forum called CrackBerry full of impartial smartphone users that like all platform, yeah, that makes sense.

If it wasn't for the BlackBerry "Fanboys" there would be no CrackBerry right now. I'm proud to be one and have ZERO interest in other platforms other then for pure information, no interest on using one.

Carry on!
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-04-13 03:26 AM
    As I said before, will some posters ever tire of constantly point out the obvious time and time again? Some really do sound like a broken record.

Nothing wrong with "blindly following" if you already enjoy their product. It's only a phone not a religion or political party. It's a choice people make to stick with one company, trough thick and thin, their choice.

Should people support their favorite football team even when loosing or should everybody just follow the winning team?

Imagine a BlackBerry fan website/forum called CrackBerry full of impartial smartphone users that like all platform, yeah, that makes sense.

If it wasn't for the BlackBerry "Fanboys" there would be no CrackBerry right now. I'm proud to be one and have ZERO interest in other platforms other then for pure information, no interest on using one.

Carry on!
    Yes but the key difference is you just made a post about how you feel without insulting all users of other products, or placing blame on users of other products or the products for issues RIM has. There is no reason to take it to a point where people are being hostile and throwing out insults.

As a sidenote, do people take "Fanboy" as an insult? I think "Sheep" and "Robots" are insults they way people use them on here because they imply lack a of intelligence. I think everyone is a "Fanboy" of one thing or another in their life though. I don't see that as a bad thing.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-04-13 10:58 AM
    "My BlackBerry 10 is awful. I was excited to buy it, but it keeps rebooting and playing Rick Astley videos spontaneously. Plus, it overheated and warped 90 degrees in the middle, and its ringtone keeps switching to Gangnam Style. I was SO glad to sell it on eBay and buy an HTC EVO 4G LTE, which is SO MUCH BETTER! With CyanogenMod, I'm totally cruising. I suggest everyone steer clear of the BlackBerry 10!"

(That will be a troll template for at least five of 'em -- they start by claiming to have bought a device, then they list a bunch of unlikely fictional 'problems,' and they end it with a pitch for their own device. Sometimes they feign feeling 'hurt' when people note that their experience is unlikely).
    01-04-13 11:25 AM
    I am feeling like some people pointedly miss the part about constructive criticism. Whatever. To each his own....
    01-04-13 12:00 PM

Once bitten, twice shy.....
    Exactly my point, that is YOUR reality/demons/perceived egg on your face etc, so YOU over compensate by reminding us ad nauseum about RIM's past. I'm sorry but that's something YOU have to rectify within yourself or perhaps find a support group that deals in "yesterday syndrome" , I mean that sincerely.

As another poster pointed out, there are 1,000's of previous posts dealing with "yesterday syndrome" that ANYONE can search out until they are blue in the face. I mean this sincerely also ... do you aspire to be the Mother Teresa of "yesterday syndrome"?

I come here to see/here what the NEW RIM under Thor is doing, if I want old history I'm very capable of searching "yesterday" all by myself, as I'm sure others are.

For me it's onward >>>>>>>> BB10
    01-04-13 05:07 PM
    I come here to see/here what the NEW RIM under Thor is doing, if I want old history I'm very capable of searching "yesterday" all by myself, as I'm sure others are.
    Oh but, the thing is that the future of the "new RIM under Thor" depends on millions of people who are like Qbnkelt Like normal people who are used to change phones, search for better, critisize, not die-hard fans who have a memory...regular people.
    kevinnugent and jakie55 like this.
    01-04-13 05:21 PM
    Exactly my point, that is YOUR reality/demons/perceived egg on your face etc, so YOU over compensate by reminding us ad nauseum about RIM's past. I'm sorry but that's something YOU have to rectify within yourself or perhaps find a support group that deals in "yesterday syndrome" , I mean that sincerely.

As another poster pointed out, there are 1,000's of previous posts dealing with "yesterday syndrome" that ANYONE can search out until they are blue in the face. I mean this sincerely also ... do you aspire to be the Mother Teresa of "yesterday syndrome"?

Okay, point 1: do you know who you're talking to? Q didn't start this conversation, she just chose to take part in it. I've always found her commentary to be fair and to the point. As I myself stated earlier in this thread, ignoring RIM's past does them no favors.

Point 2: you may be missing the bigger story here--that if RIM can pull off a successful launch with BB10 it will be the biggest tech comeback since Steve Jobs returned to Apple in '97. You can't celebrate that comeback without acknowledging just how bad things got.
    pantlesspenguin and jakie55 like this.
    01-04-13 05:36 PM
    Okay, point 1: do you know who you're talking to?
    Yes

You can't celebrate that comeback without acknowledging just how bad things got.
    That's your reality, not mine, I don't dwell in the past. I look at the new management under Thor and the Blackberry Team and move forward, I don't get mired down in the emotional quick sand of the past,I'll leave that to the "yesterday syndrome" types to wallow in and cry themselves to sleep with.

Somebody needs to make a "yesterday syndrome therapy" thread, sure would go a long way in cleaning this up when I search for BB10 discussion,lol. Please somebody make it happen.
    01-04-13 05:53 PM
    Okay, point 1: do you know who you're talking to? Q didn't start this conversation, she just chose to take part in it. I've always found her commentary to be fair and to the point. As I myself stated earlier in this thread, ignoring RIM's past does them no favors.

Point 2: you may be missing the bigger story here--that if RIM can pull off a successful launch with BB10 it will be the biggest tech comeback since Steve Jobs returned to Apple in '97. You can't celebrate that comeback without acknowledging just how bad things got.
    I was JUST thinking the same thing. When BB10 makes a big splash and RIM goes back up to the top, you know the "fanboys/girls" will be all "HECK YEAH! That's 'cause RIM's awesome. Remember how bad things got for awhile? Remember that???? They made all kinds of mistakes and now look at them! They're back on top where they should be!"

So only THEN will it be ok to acknowledge past blunders, but not now? I guess I just don't understand. I don't think anyone's saying it to "troll" or "be negative" right now, just like a year down the road people won't be acknowledging their past blunders as negative but as a testament to what RIM has achieved.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-04-13 06:27 PM
    I was JUST thinking the same thing. When BB10 makes a big splash and RIM goes back up to the top, you know the "fanboys/girls" will be all "HECK YEAH! That's 'cause RIM's awesome. Remember how bad things got for awhile? Remember that???? They made all kinds of mistakes and now look at them! They're back on top where they should be!"

So only THEN will it be ok to acknowledge past blunders, but not now? I guess I just don't understand. I don't think anyone's saying it to "troll" or "be negative" right now, just like a year down the road people won't be acknowledging their past blunders as negative but as a testament to what RIM has achieved.
    But we all make mistakes, and then you get those annoying people that keep reminding you about them and never let you forget it. Over and over again.
    CairnsRock and TomJasper like this.
    01-04-13 06:35 PM
    comparison of what was, at the lows, to what is in the good times, is a far cry from trolling. It is called realism.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-04-13 06:45 PM
    And yet YOU still try and tell people what they can and can't discuss on a discussion forum. Interesting. And I mean THAT sincerely.
    01-04-13 07:03 PM
    Realism is not wallowing in the past, day after day, post after post, to me that is a sickness of some sort, I'll call it "yesterday syndrome", at least until a qualified shrink can define it better,lol. Realism is dealing with the past and then moving forward. Thor and the Blackberry Team are doing that in spades. Good thing they don't wallow in the past, nothing would get done. Now pull up yer bootstraps and get with the program or get out of the way, as the BB10 powered product train is coming through and it's not stopping to pick up wallowers on the way!
    comparison of what was, at the lows, to what is in the good times, is a far cry from trolling. It is called realism.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-04-13 07:06 PM
    I don't think I've noticed members deliberatly starting threads and repeating things over and over again. But I do see some posting up links to negatively slanted write ups from some analyst or tech site on an almost daily daily basis...in a way, they're perpetuating what they say they hate.

The things that tend to come up repeatedly occur within a thread topic. They happen because of the content of the conversation that's taking place within the thread. It takes two to tango...if one side of an opinion is repeating themselves, it usually means the other of the differing opinion is as well.
    01-04-13 07:10 PM
    And yet YOU still try and tell people what they can and can't discuss on a discussion forum. Interesting. And I mean THAT sincerely.
    You just "discussed" freely, did you not. I rest my case.
    01-04-13 07:10 PM
    But we all make mistakes, and then you get those annoying people that keep reminding you about them and never let you forget it. Over and over again.
    When you look at my comment history (or Q's, for that matter), I don't think you'll find us going out of our way to dwell on the negative. In fact I'm pretty sure you'd see that any negatives I've mentioned have been in the context of pointing out how much RIM has already turned around under Thorsten.

Personally, even pre-launch, I'm thrilled with what RIM did in 2012. In the face of a spectacularly hostile business environment, Heins and his team maintained a steady, quiet optimism. They made devs job one, and clearly did a lot to change the culture of an embattled organization. They also managed to maintain a decent financial and market footing, and have placed themselves in as good a position for their new platform launch as anyone could hope for.
    01-04-13 07:11 PM
    But I do see some posting up links to negatively slanted write ups from some analyst or tech site on an almost daily daily basis...in a way, they're perpetuating what they say they hate
    Kevin will be nipping that in the bud in the coming weeks. Watch for his posts/articles, it's high time some corrections are made.
    01-04-13 07:14 PM
    You just "discussed" freely, did you not. I rest my case.
    You took a personal shot at a well-regarded member of our community. Not cool. In fact, never mind WHO you took a shot at, your personal comments were uncalled for.
    mikeo007 and magutwit like this.
    01-04-13 07:20 PM
    Kevin will be nipping that in the bud in the coming weeks. Watch for his posts/articles, it's high time some corrections are made.
    So, what are you saying? You have prior knowledge of what Kevin M will be doing? And there's to be some sort of censorship of what sort of articles members can link to? This will be interesting.
    01-04-13 07:22 PM
    Realism is not wallowing in the past, day after day, post after post, to me that is a sickness of some sort, I'll call it "yesterday syndrome", at least until a qualified shrink can define it better,lol. Realism is dealing with the past and then moving forward. Thor and the Blackberry Team are doing that in spades. Good thing they don't wallow in the past, nothing would get done. Now pull up yer bootstraps and get with the program or get out of the way, as the BB10 powered product train is coming through and it's not stopping to pick up wallowers on the way!
    Tom, your comments are, in my estimation, very balanced. We would not be here(other than the trolls) if we were not passionate about the platform. Those who are concerned, and express their concerns, are not trolling, but are once burned, twice shy. Q has shown her loyalty, based on her VAST collection of BB's...more than I would. PS she plans to buy a BB10 Kevinnugent, yup busted....I am ocd enough to want to control the playground, and want everyone to play nice. There..,..,I feel better.
    magutwit likes this.
    01-04-13 07:23 PM
    Tom, your comments are, in my estimation, very balanced. We would not be here(other than the trolls) if we were not passionate about the platform. Those who are concerned, and express their concerns, are not trolling, but are once burned, twice shy. Q has shown her loyalty, based on her VAST collection of BB's...more than I would. PS she plans to buy a BB10 Kevinnugent, yup busted....I am ocd enough to want to control the playground, and want everyone to play nice. There..,..,I feel better.
    haha. Actually I wasn't referring to you jakie. I realised I didn't quote the original message in my reply. I was referring to Tom. He responded.
    01-04-13 07:28 PM
    What are you talking about? These are MY "personal" thoughts. Show me where I took a personal shot at a "well regarded" member. What next, I have to be a" yesterday" thinker to be "well regarded"? Lol
    You took a personal shot at a well-regarded member of our community. Not cool. In fact, never mind WHO you took a shot at, your personal comments were uncalled for.
    01-04-13 07:30 PM
    What are you talking about? These are MY "personal" thoughts. Show me where I took a personal shot at a "well regarded" member. What next, I have to be a" yesterday" thinker to be "well regarded"? Lol
    I have no issue with your "thinking". I believe you're engaging in some degree of denial, but you're entitled. Go for it.

What I start taking issue with is this:

This is patronizing and insulting. I suggest you put a little more thought into your choice of words.
    magutwit, kevinnugent and mikeo007 like this.
    01-04-13 07:34 PM
    I never said trolls, those things are completely different.

Same goes for pro/con BB10, that's different also and 100% nothing wrong with that, it should be encouraged as it's a good resource to implement new ideas,tweak future features etc.

But...... The "yesterday syndrome" is non productive,it has no redeeming value,. I mean really, you think I'm going to regard a posters words,thoughts,ideas with more zest because they toss out the "yesterday syndrome" required sentence/s to preface or end their comments with.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-04-13 07:41 PM
    Tom I suggest you quit while you can. The road you are traveling on is similar to a couple others that have been on this site. Notice the past tense used in the last comment. While its fine to have debate and share enthusiasm, you cannot continue to call out people as you are. Others have just the same right to share their thoughts as you do. So lets just stop and find something better to talk about instead trying to find "labels" to slap on people.
    01-04-13 07:42 PM
175 ... 23456 ...