Or you can go here and post non sense until then

http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...index1378.html
    And have a HECK of a lot of fun doing it! Instead of inviting trouble with threads like this one.
    01-03-13 10:37 AM
    The issue with the repeat threads is that it is human nature for people to not just sit back without challenging a statement they feel to be entirely false and/or idiotic.

As far as a discussion forum needing a lot of threads to be active, is it more active if it has half a dozen threads all covering the same blurry pics or if there was one larger thread that covered the panicking and tantrums all in one?

But again, why does this bother you? What does it matter how many threads there are? It's a discussion forum, so if people want to discuss things, who cares? Anyone is free to participate or not participate any threads they want. If the moderators felt this was enough of an issue, they would combine the threads. They don't.

The other problem is that this forum has the same issue every forum has. A lot of people don't use the 'new posts' button. They just come on and post a thread. So you also get similar threads through different forum sections. But you can't force people to be observant lol. The same thing happens on every forum unless they are moderated to heck.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    01-03-13 11:38 AM
    OP, consider it a "rite of passage" to justify what's coming.

If it wasn't such a threat to their "status quo" they wouldn't even be bothering.

Onwards!
    01-03-13 12:39 PM
    But again, why does this bother you? What does it matter how many threads there are? It's a discussion forum, so if people want to discuss things, who cares? Anyone is free to participate or not participate any threads they want. If the moderators felt this was enough of an issue, they would combine the threads. They don't.

The other problem is that this forum has the same issue every forum has. A lot of people don't use the 'new posts' button. They just come on and post a thread. So you also get similar threads through different forum sections. But you can't force people to be observant lol. The same thing happens on every forum unless they are moderated to heck.
    Generally speaking we don't merge, as it usually does not end well for the threads involved. With overly reduntant stuff we usually close the threads and often (but not always) provide links to a similar thread. However we are a small staff that responds to member reports and what we see, we are NOT everywhere, and we DO have lives. I just got back from a few days off and while I was a way I did zero moderating!
    01-03-13 01:40 PM
    What a lot of people immediately classify as 'negative posts' towards RIM on this forum, I see as well worded criticisms from users of the products. The blatant trolls just posting nonsense are few and far between. The issue is there are a lot of overly sensitive users on this forum who jump all over ANY posts they see as negative (whether it's constructive or not) with all kinds of venom. A lot of them take it a step further by lashing out at every non-RIM products and users of non-RIM products on this forum as some kind of retaliation. I am not a long time member compared to most, but this is the problem I have seen since joining. It leads to a hostile atmosphere in general.

As for the last month or so? I'd say I see a lot of positive posts about RIM, and slightly less bashing of other products and consumers. I think the forums have been more positive in general in the last month or so after the Trolling PSA's were posted.
    People now a days don't even know what a troll is, they see negative and they think troll, when what they're seeing is a hater lol, don't even know what a troll is, lulz.
    01-03-13 02:32 PM
    Generally speaking we don't merge, as it usually does not end well for the threads involved. With overly reduntant stuff we usually close the threads and often (but not always) provide links to a similar thread. However we are a small staff that responds to member reports and what we see, we are NOT everywhere, and we DO have lives. I just got back from a few days off and while I was a way I did zero moderating!
    Well that isn't right. Kevin crack the whip

I guess when you go to Vegas you won't be modding then either
    01-03-13 03:31 PM
    BB10's introduction into the marketplace does not erase nor negate the spectacular decline that began in 2011. Media definitely influences thinking, but RIM gave the media plenty of fodder through its slow reactions and flawed execution.

Gee thank you for reminding us for the 100th time,lol.

Fact is Thor has cleaned house and set out a better path with BB10, that's what matters to me.

The constant reminders of the past is like somebody not letting go of a past G/F or B/F, jeesh.

I'll be so happy when Jan 30 2013 gets here, many will let go of their past demons,lol.

Onward >>>>>>>>> BB10
    01-03-13 03:46 PM

There is a second, more conspiratorial explanation. With the coming of BB10, RIM is consciously using social media and its user base to build excitement and spread the word about the new OS. Its competitors would be aware of this strategy. I have always believed that they use PR firms to troll the social media world. It would not surprise me in the least if paid (along with unpaid) trolls are lurking.
    Bingo! Although you will find that more outside of Crackberry.com , some comments are down right vile. The trend is turning though, if that's any consolation.

It amuses me at times to see an iphone user (outside of Crackberry.com) looking at BB10 with thoughts of purchase and then suddenly they are swamped by other iphone users with negative comments,lol. My take on that is that there are plenty more who will jump on BB10, they just may not be as vocal about it.
    01-03-13 03:58 PM

Fact is Thor has cleaned house and set out a better path with BB10, that's what matters to me.

The constant reminders of the past is like somebody not letting go of a past G/F or B/F, jeesh.

I'll be so happy when Jan 30 2013 gets here, many will let go of their past demons,lol.

Onward >>>>>>>>> BB10
    The reminders are needed for as long as people continue to blindly lay all of RIM's troubles at the feet of the media or lay the blame on carriers or on Apple or on Google. I lay the blame on company leadership, who allowed a company to go from the pinnacle of industry leader to "other" classification in statistical analysis of market share.

True, onward....there is a Z10 waiting for me. I can't wait to see RIM get back to relevance.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-03-13 04:12 PM
    The reminders are needed ....
    No they are not! We are adults and don't need to be told like kids with blanket preface statements about RIM's "past failures" as a precursor to posts.
    If Crackberry.com was strictly a trading website such as low level Stockhouse or a little higher order such as Seeking Alpha , I would say yes a preamble might be in order ,just for the sake of due diligence.

The preamble here (RIM past) at Crackberry.com is worn out like a broken record and I would suspect most are tired of it, more so with BB10 just around the corner. Nothing wrong with constructive well thought out pro/con but can we leave the ground hog day mentality until Jan 30 2013 , then by all means knock yourselves out, in diminished numbers as I suspect.

I might add, I suspect Kevin is tired of it also, as he is going to ramp up going after the misinformed tech writers that either have an agenda or no clue ie. some Forbes tech writers / media etc. Watch Kevin's future write ups.
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-03-13 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added "day" for clarity
    01-03-13 04:33 PM
    Trolls = Insecurity.
    01-03-13 04:53 PM
    The reminders are needed for as long as people continue to blindly lay all of RIM's troubles at the feet of the media or lay the blame on carriers or on Apple or on Google. I lay the blame on company leadership, who allowed a company to go from the pinnacle of industry leader to "other" classification in statistical analysis of market share.

True, onward....there is a Z10 waiting for me. I can't wait to see RIM get back to relevance.

No one is blindly doing anything, except posibly yourself.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    01-03-13 05:03 PM
    No one is blindly doing anything, except posibly yourself.
    Q, blind? Hardly. You guys seem to be missing her point. It's so easy to get caught up in all the hype of what's coming with BB10, because we're on top of it. We see the leaks every day. We know what to expect out of peek, flow, etc. But casual consumers? When they hear BlackBerry they think spinning clocks, battery pulls, tiny screens, reduced apps, etc. And for the casual consumer, that image is going to take a LOT to change. Whenever someone is talking about wanting a new phone I bring up BB10 and how great it's going to be and it's ALWAYS followed by a nose scrunch and "Oh, I don't want another BlackBerry." These aren't people who are reading tech blogs or watching RIMM stock, here.

Thor HAS created a better path. He's INNOVATING. We see that, because we're on top of this news. Everyone else will be a harder sell because of RIM's past blunders and their resting on their laurels in terms of innovation and where they THOUGHT the mobile market was headed. Think of it as a sprint. BB10 could take off running and regain market share and consumer enthusiasm at a fast pace, but because of past blunders they'll be starting 500 yards behind where they could have.

ETA: But I digress...onward it definitely is.
    01-03-13 05:29 PM
    Not worth the infraction.

kevinnugent likes this.
    01-03-13 06:00 PM
    Respect to both you and Q,
    Its always easy for a responce to start, I agree but. Followed by the same old jargon as we've heard for near 2 years now.
    I agree with you but, just to correct you slightly! Thor is the implementer of BB10, M & J were for the most part the Innovaters. (without geting into great detail)
    Thats most likely another media driven bias. Surely everyone on CB knows that.
    I stop now to carry on peacefully in the next thread Cheers.
    01-03-13 06:01 PM
    There appears to be the very mistaken impression that support means complete buy in to everything a company does and absolute defence of its practices. Sort of like the tale of the emperor's new clothes.
    Agreed, Q. Pretending that RIM can do no wrong doesn't do them any favors.

I'm of the mind that there have been competitors who have engaged in some quiet, undermining "soft" power, but that's the nature of a competitive industry and RIM made themselves vulnerable.
    magutwit likes this.
    01-03-13 06:28 PM
    I have already registered for a BlackBerry Z10 through my carrier. While I prefer the physical keyboard I cannot bring myself to buy a BlackBerry Bold 9900-styled smartphone (small touch screen and physical keyboard). A side-slider would be a no-brainer and the concept-design BlackBerry Blade would have been the perfect BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    01-03-13 06:39 PM
    Truth makes you stronger.
    magutwit likes this.
    01-03-13 08:37 PM
    How ironic. See my signature. RIM, in the past, has behaved like a telco carieer's bit*h. Omitting features on carrier request (eg: disabling full VOIP functionality) and carriers, on the other hand, pushed Apple and Android even-though Apple and Android didn't act like carrier's slaves. Apple/Android provided features that their end users wanted (for the most part). RIM only provided what carriers allowed them to do. It seems like the new RIM management isn't going to repeat the same mistake though.

Man, I hope you are right. One thing I always hated was how RIM couldn't do anything without getting the carrier's say so. I've even heard that with OS updates for BB10 we won't be required to wait (sometimes it never came, depending on your carrier!) for the carrier to release their "version" of the update.
    01-03-13 08:57 PM

Onward >>>>>>>>> BB10
    We dont know that.
    The facts will only emerge after bb10 is released and then we will see RIM's attitude and whether they have truly changed.
    There is nothing at the moment to show that they wont treat bb10 in exactly the same way they treated bbos.
    That is why reminders are needed, because a lot of people seem to have forgotten exactly what mistakes RIM made.

Fyi, i really hope RIM have learnt and are once again a hungry company, and the signs are good atm. I just want to see actual evidence of this though, and as i've stated many times now, the evidence wont be shown until well after bb10 is released.
    Last edited by darkehawke; 01-03-13 at 09:55 PM.
    magutwit likes this.
    01-03-13 09:27 PM
    They see me trollin', they hatin'
    Patrollin' they tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty'
    Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
    Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Sorry, couldn't help it
    Dapper37 likes this.
    01-03-13 09:49 PM
    I guess we really can't please anybody here. And I agree with some posters on negativity or whatever; they maybe were just expressing their own opinion with regards to certain products or discussion.
    Last edited by celine21; 01-03-13 at 10:39 PM.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-03-13 10:24 PM
    I guess we really can't please anybody here. And I agree with some posters on negativity or whatever; they maybe were just expressing their own opinion with regards to certain products or discussion. It's why I am here also.
    Welcome!
    spike12 likes this.
    01-03-13 10:32 PM
    I think there are more realists than "blind followers" here than realized, but as already pointed out, the constant and repetitive "reminders" of RIM's failures ARE getting old. My gosh, in this thread alone are enough reminders for any ADD kid, let alone mature adults. Believe me, there's no one here that has escaped daily "reminders" if they frequent these forums. I don't see any trolls here but I definitely see posters with a history of negativity toward all things RIM. Not objective and definitely not balanced. Just check a poster's history if it's in question, the pattern will be evident. And no, repetitive negative posts from a member are not any different than repetitive blind praise posts from another.

Of course RIM has made mistakes, bad management and operations decisions. What tech company hasn't. Lest we forget the bad management, bad production decisions, bad marketing , loss of customer confidence, loss of media support, etc.... of Apple, who was in much worse straights than RIM, was on the brink of bankruptcy, until SJ came back and made a deal with Microsoft to bail them out? The bigger they are the harder they fall, and yes RIM has fallen hard, but they have a very good chance for a comeback. Correspondingly, there's nothing wrong with a little positive attitude or optimism for the underdog, not "blind following" but optimism. This is a BB fan site after all. That being said, there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism and healthy debate, but between the media and some of our civic minded members, we get enough "reminders" to insure we never forget just how bad RIM has become, how they've failed us and what idiots the management are. Sorry for the rant, but I think I've been "reminded" quite enough.
    lnichols and TomJasper like this.
    01-04-13 01:50 AM
    I think there are more realists than "blind followers" here than realized, but as already pointed out, the constant and repetitive "reminders" of RIM's failures ARE getting old. My gosh, in this thread alone are enough reminders for any ADD kid, let alone mature adults. Believe me, there's no one here that has escaped daily "reminders" if they frequent these forums. I don't see any trolls here but I definitely see posters with a history of negativity toward all things RIM. Not objective and definitely not balanced. Just check a poster's history if it's in question, the pattern will be evident. And no, repetitive negative posts from a member are not any different than repetitive blind praise posts from another.

Of course RIM has made mistakes, bad management and operations decisions. What tech company hasn't. Lest we forget the bad management, bad production decisions, bad marketing , loss of customer confidence, loss of media support, etc.... of Apple, who was in much worse straights than RIM, was on the brink of bankruptcy, until SJ came back and made a deal with Microsoft to bail them out? The bigger they are the harder they fall, and yes RIM has fallen hard, but they have a very good chance for a comeback. Correspondingly, there's nothing wrong with a little positive attitude or optimism for the underdog, not "blind following" but optimism. This is a BB fan site after all. That being said, there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism and healthy debate, but between the media and some of our civic minded members, we get enough "reminders" to insure we never forget just how bad RIM has become, how they've failed us and what idiots the management are. Sorry for the rant, but I think I've been "reminded" quite enough.
    No, actually, you can't see a poster's past history in its totality. You can't see my posts back in 2009/2010/2011 when I fought in defence of RIM. When I was blind to the realities of the market trends and said they were normal corrections. You can't see where I stuck my neck out at work in support of the PB and got smashed when Dingleberry happened. You can't see that far back. You can't see where I actually requested to have my account deleted because my daily fights in defence of RIM just got to me and I decided to take a break from the forums.

So no.....a pattern does not emerge. You can't look back to where I started in this forum and see where I lost my faith because the forum does not allow a view that far back. And before I give RIM my faith again, and take up the rah rah sis boom bah pompoms for RIM again, it's got to show me that it has in fact learned from its disastrous and self inflicted decline. I've got to see more than videos. I've got to hold the device in my hand, see the apps I want, and read the marketshare gains. I'm not interested in "I told you so" or predicting the future, I'm interested in actual gain that will translate in regained relevance in the U.S. so that I can continue to keep my BB in my bag along with my other phones.

Once bitten, twice shy.....I no longer blindly believe in RIM. Been there, done that. Fought in their defence, had to eat plenty of crow. And whoever finds me tiresome can easily put me on Ignore as I have people here on Ignore. My ego is not so fragile that it would matter to me one iota. This is a forum where differing ideas are expressed. My ideas have swung from absolute fangirl to very skeptical, very burnt, very concerned pragmatist.
    01-04-13 02:58 AM
175 12345 ...