Sorry if this is pedantic and a stupid question, but I guess I'm thinking the answer is "no". A monthly "subscription" seems to be required; is this correct? ... I don't need the GPS app, since I do have a good Garmin GPS, but was just wondering.
    11-15-09 08:43 AM
    The GPS is free, and there are numerous very good free GPS apps: Google Maps, BBMaps, Poynt, are three I use. The only non-free requirement is you must have a data plan. Without data, the GPS will still work, but you won't have downloadable real time maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 08:48 AM
    You have GPS for free. Make sure it is on in the settings then open up a maps program like google maps or bbmaps. It will take a moment for it to pinpoint but it is free! Have fun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 08:49 AM
    Thanx, Jeff ... was just wondering if I'm lost in the "wilds of Iowa" and needed to report my location ... would like to think it's doable.

Thanx.
    11-15-09 08:50 AM
    One of the few things in life that are free....sort of...lol
    11-15-09 08:53 AM
    The VZ Navigator requires a monthly subscription or a daily use fee.
    11-15-09 09:07 AM
    11-15-09 09:44 AM
    Thanx, Jeff ... was just wondering if I'm lost in the "wilds of Iowa" and needed to report my location ... would like to think it's doable.

Thanx.
    As long as you have a cell signal, you can report your location. BBMaps and BBMessenger both have the capability to email a map of your current location to anyone with BBMaps or BBMessenger. You can also use Google's Latitude feature to let friends to whom you grant access track your location in near realtime.
    11-15-09 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD