I don't think that it is too late for Blackberry. I have moved away from my Blackberry that I have used forever but am looking forward to getting the new OS in my hands. It is too bad that they weren't able to come out with the new device and OS before the holiday season but I feel good with them holding it back until it is ready.

If the new devices and OS don't stack up I don't know how they will recover but until RIM is no longer I will always believe.
    jesse_h and jakie55 like this.
    01-04-13 05:39 PM
    Before during and after this holiday season tons of phones were new and our, some old ones returned at dropped prices, and bc10 spread word after the main hit.

By that I mean most potential bc10 buyers are on contract win wp8, ups6 and droid devices of so e sort...

Bb10 will launch Jan30, to far away and to close to the phone drought where sales across phone carriers and manufacturers fail..
    With that, it may be another pagoda. Struggling to get recognition and then getting creamed in late spring arrivals and the fact people from this holiday are locked for two years will make it near impossible for bb10 to get decent support..
    What you are basically assuming is that majority of cell phone users begin their contracts during the holiday period. Contracts begin and expire every month and unless you have data to prove that more contracts begin in the December month than in say summer, that is quite a silly assumption to make.

My contract expires in January so for people like me, it is perfect timing
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-04-13 06:14 PM
    Before during and after this holiday season tons of phones were new and our, some old ones returned at dropped prices, and bc10 spread word after the main hit.

By that I mean most potential bc10 buyers are on contract win wp8, ups6 and droid devices of so e sort...

Bb10 will launch Jan30, to far away and to close to the phone drought where sales across phone carriers and manufacturers fail..
    With that, it may be another pagoda. Struggling to get recognition and then getting creamed in late spring arrivals and the fact people from this holiday are locked for two years will make it near impossible for bb10 to get decent support.

Has ANYONE heard any trade in news for the new bb devices? Free or cut upgrade fees for trading your phone in may be the only way bb10 can gain those licked customers.

Sadly Verizon tricked me and I as well am locked. Unless it is given I may not be able to get the Bb10 devices and neither will millions if others due to rims late Jan release.
    I'm just curious, how did Verizon "trick" you?
    01-04-13 06:25 PM
    People are always looking for phones.. If RIM rushed it out to meet the holiday rush and released it half-baked.. They'd be dead! Better to be safe than sorry. In the whole scheme of things, the more phones they would get with complete solid launch of BB10 far outweighs what they would have got over this one-time missed launch occurrence for the holidays. With RIM releasing the phones properly greatly minimizes the risk to their business, IMHO they make the right decision.
    Yup
    MTL and jesse_h like this.
    01-04-13 06:44 PM
    Sadly this is only the case in the USA. In the rest of the world you are locked to a contract for 6 months at the longest by law. In South Africa operators are now forced to do a month to month contract as well. BB10 will be MASSIVE ! Understand that its only in the USA where Apple dominates. In SA you hardly see the iPhone 5. The main reason - the iPhone is a little data hungry. I had an iPhone 3GS... Nice and all but why should i pay close on $150 - 200 every month for data when I get it for free with a Blackberry. Here in SA we don't pay for Blackberry data... Its free...

So there are a lot of things to consider. Thats why the Blackberry has been the biggest selling device in SA for the last few years
    Nice. Not the reality in Australia though. Contracts here are either 12 or 24 months. You pay the same for a Blackberry Plan but get a less capable phone and less data. Sometimes one fifth the same data that say, a Android or iPhone, would get. Oh, and Blackberry data here is defined as anything that goes through the NOC. If you use anything else but the default browser, you pay roaming charges on the "data" used. It can get very very expensive here.
    01-04-13 07:10 PM
    It was actually a really smart move for the obvious reasons. Most people like yourself are to blind to see it. How about you keep your speculation to yourself and just sit back and watch the RIMpire strike back. Also, remember Apple went through this same phase back in the day. It is just another company's turn to see if they can revive themselves. Plus you have no clue as to what marketing skeems that maybe employed by the carriers. on top of that you have your hardcore BB fans and we are not as few as most think. The rest of the US is just blind. Like we are on most things.
    axeman1000 and jesse_h like this.
    01-05-13 12:34 AM
    They could also do the same promo they did for BB OS 7.1 with the trade-up program. Oye!!!!!!!!!! People drive me batty!!!!
    01-05-13 12:36 AM
    Here's how I look at it: I was eligible for an upgrade over four months ago but had my eye on the prize and not wavering. Most anyone who didn't wait did so by their own choosing. Sucks to be them.
    Totally agree. I could have an upgrade more than a year ago, but there was nothing better than my Torch in the market.
    axeman1000 and blusls like this.
    01-05-13 01:09 AM
    we shall be rewarded
    MTL, jesse_h and blusls like this.
    01-05-13 01:10 AM
    I'm sure there are tons of us whose contract have ended months ago, but we're just holding out for BB10. Thats the decision we made. We could have bought tons of other great devices that came out like the iPhone 5, S3, Note 2, Nexus 4, Lumia 920, etc. But we didn't.
    I am in this group.
    01-05-13 07:23 AM
    Nice. Not the reality in Australia though. Contracts here are either 12 or 24 months. You pay the same for a Blackberry Plan but get a less capable phone and less data. Sometimes one fifth the same data that say, a Android or iPhone, would get. Oh, and Blackberry data here is defined as anything that goes through the NOC. If you use anything else but the default browser, you pay roaming charges on the "data" used. It can get very very expensive here.
    Australian costs stagger me. The roaming charges my colleagues get hit with when they come to the UK are multiples of what I pay when I go over there. In some instances my data roaming costs in Australia are less than theirs domestically. I feel that you're being taken for a ride, how come the government haven't taken action?
    01-05-13 08:21 AM
    I just bought a Windows phone because I couldn't deal with my Android. That I-crap is a toy, what a joke. I had a 9930 and that phone was awesome except for the small screen. This new BB10 is gonna blow the doors off the competition and I am buying one off contract as soon as it comes out
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-05-13 09:07 AM
    I see the point flew over your head. I did not blame them fir everything. If all the loyal fans are you RIM is doomed
    Anything going over heads is your train of thought. The company is not to blame for nothing, you are a consumer. You are responsible for what you buy and when. This is what you typed in you post, and me being a subscriber to CRACKBERRY to read posts, saw yours, read it, and saw someone trying to blame their mistake on rim. Nothing over my head here.

And as for your fan comment, i have never walked into a android, Windows 8, or iphone shop to even CONSIDER replacing my BlackBerry that I have had on a three year contract. I know I want bb10 after researching it and will be finding a way to have it. If it means I have to wait until my contract is up in December 2013 then I wait. And that will not be the fault of RIM. By the sounds of it you considered something else, so the fan jab you made should more reflect on you about any company being doomed. I am at least aware enough to know rim with qnx and it still leading industry security is not going anywhere. Lay off the us hate media for awhile and you will see rim has a bright future.
    vespajet and jesse_h like this.
    01-05-13 09:54 AM
    It was actually a really smart move for the obvious reasons. Most people like yourself are to blind to see it. How about you keep your speculation to yourself and just sit back and watch the RIMpire strike back. Also, remember Apple went through this same phase back in the day. It is just another company's turn to see if they can revive themselves. Plus you have no clue as to what marketing skeems that maybe employed by the carriers. on top of that you have your hardcore BB fans and we are not as few as most think. The rest of the US is just blind. Like we are on most things.
    No, you are blind to see it was a bad move and they did something just like this before and they started dropping lower and lower but let's ignore that and pretend everything is rainbows.

Apple was dying because of the lack of Macs selling and brand awareness at that point not because of phones (lol.)

They are doing something they did before and those phones barely sold at all so now I am speculating and am blind? Maybe those eye patches over your eye need to be removed, all you see is black.

You also don't have to be a jacka$$.
    01-05-13 10:16 AM
    Anything going over heads is your train of thought. The company is not to blame for nothing, you are a consumer. You are responsible for what you buy and when. This is what you typed in you post, and me being a subscriber to CRACKBERRY to read posts, saw yours, read it, and saw someone trying to blame their mistake on rim. Nothing over my head here.

And as for your fan comment, i have never walked into a android, Windows 8, or iphone shop to even CONSIDER replacing my BlackBerry that I have had on a three year contract. I know I want bb10 after researching it and will be finding a way to have it. If it means I have to wait until my contract is up in December 2013 then I wait. And that will not be the fault of RIM. By the sounds of it you considered something else, so the fan jab you made should more reflect on you about any company being doomed. I am at least aware enough to know rim with qnx and it still leading industry security is not going anywhere. Lay off the us hate media for awhile and you will see rim has a bright future.

I didn't blame the company for anything. youw own post is in your head. All I was saying was that their launch is bad timing. How is that blaming? Need a dictionary? yes it's over your head.

There also seems to be a lot of people acting like the U.S. is blind because 3 fansites online said Rim is doomed now everyone things that everyone who is not "RIM IS SAVED" is blinded by the MEDIA saying RIM is doomed when i have been to many states and heard no such nonsense until now so nice discriminating.
    01-05-13 10:18 AM
    They tricked me lying saying it was a prepaid plan, bb fans are so distracted they somehow got me accepting the contract and the word "tricked" mixed up. Not one actually asking fir me to expand on that and made up their own theories in laps land.
    you realise selling a contract as prepaid is illegal right?
    you also realise that you have a cooling off period when you take out a contract that allows you to cancel with no further fee. its usually 2 weeks.
    01-05-13 10:26 AM
    you realise selling a contract as prepaid is illegal right?
    you also realise that you have a cooling off period when you take out a contract that allows you to cancel with no further fee. its usually 2 weeks.
    The issue though is when I called about it, verizon customer service (which is like beaing stabbed by daggers) stated:

"Lol so like, we have this thing where whenever someone at a store when talking about your account, or the Phone, talks with you, each is recorded about what they advised to you. It says here that the last person who advised you told you that it was a contract plan"

then when i stated that was crap and asked here to tell me what the people BEFORE that person advised me, since you know, they have to record it down each time for HQ, she backpeddled and said:

"Well we can't help you over the phone you have to go to a store."

Telling her clealry again for the 5th time I was already at the store.

Then she says "Well, you were told that you were on a contract and not a prepaid plan."

Then I say that so I was lied to? then she says:"I am not saying that anyone was lying."

then I said was I misinformed, she hesitated and said "I have it right here that you were advised multiple times"

Yeah advised multiple times, when she only mentioned one person, who lied and wrote something else down, and when i asked for a supervisor, she said hold on, and when we got to the above part of the conversation she said she was in charge. lol. Then it went back in a circle and I told her how useless her life might be and she got mad and I hung up.

And here I am,
    01-05-13 10:34 AM
    The issue though is when I called about it, verizon customer service (which is like beaing stabbed by daggers) stated:

"Lol so like, we have this thing where whenever someone at a store when talking about your account, or the Phone, talks with you, each is recorded about what they advised to you. It says here that the last person who advised you told you that it was a contract plan"

then when i stated that was crap and asked here to tell me what the people BEFORE that person advised me, since you know, they have to record it down each time for HQ, she backpeddled and said:

"Well we can't help you over the phone you have to go to a store."

Telling her clealry again for the 5th time I was already at the store.

Then she says "Well, you were told that you were on a contract and not a prepaid plan."

Then I say that so I was lied to? then she says:"I am not saying that anyone was lying."

then I said was I misinformed, she hesitated and said "I have it right here that you were advised multiple times"

Yeah advised multiple times, when she only mentioned one person, who lied and wrote something else down, and when i asked for a supervisor, she said hold on, and when we got to the above part of the conversation she said she was in charge. lol. Then it went back in a circle and I told her how useless her life might be and she got mad and I hung up.

And here I am,
    yeah i kinda see what happened, but what about the cooling off period?
    if not i suggest talking to whoever your regulator is in the US and asking their advice on the matter.

At no point should someone be forced into a contract they dont want
    01-05-13 10:44 AM
    yeah i kinda see what happened, but what about the cooling off period?
    if not i suggest talking to whoever your regulator is in the US and asking their advice on the matter.

At no point should someone be forced into a contract they dont want
    That's what I was doing. I had returned my previous phone since verizon contracts are dumb, and was buying a prepaid phone. When I got forced in the contract, they stated that I had returned a phone already and I can only do it once in the 14 day guarantee, but i was getting a prepaid, so yes, there was nothing I could do it was all made up crap. In order to get out of the phone I have, i would have to kill the contract or wait, but I don't want to pay for a contract I do not want it's killing my money for no reason.
    01-05-13 10:48 AM
    Well i suggest taking it up with the FCC.
    This is what they are around for.
    drop them an email, let Verizon know you are taking it up with the FCC as you believed you were getting a prepay phone but received a pay monthly. they may be more receptive then
    01-05-13 10:51 AM
    Well i suggest taking it up with the FCC.
    This is what they are around for.
    drop them an email, let Verizon know you are taking it up with the FCC as you believed you were getting a prepay phone but received a pay monthly. they may be more receptive then
    Could, but without directing proof it may not have to high a chance.
    01-05-13 11:01 AM
    Could, but without directing proof it may not have to high a chance.
    maybe, but the worst they could do is say "tough"
    you have nothing to lose
    01-05-13 11:05 AM
    I didn't blame the company for anything. youw own post is in your head. All I was saying was that their launch is bad timing. How is that blaming? Need a dictionary? yes it's over your head.

There also seems to be a lot of people acting like the U.S. is blind because 3 fansites online said Rim is doomed now everyone things that everyone who is not "RIM IS SAVED" is blinded by the MEDIA saying RIM is doomed when i have been to many states and heard no such nonsense until now so nice discriminating.
    Read all the posts talking about how media sites bash rim constantly, yahoo,bgr, and numerous others. There are many posts about readers seeing this. I am not the only one I am just stating what others are, so before you label me as discriminating anyone get your facts straight. I do not deserve to come on here and be called that by someone who was coming on here complaining about a release date. Again this is just another negative post to fish people in and it worked cause I am wasting my time here going back and forth with you.

BB10 will be great, rim is now being innovative and we as fans of this company are soon to have the newest latest os out there, how cool is that? Thanks for your views.
    01-05-13 12:37 PM
    Yes. everyones contract ended December 2012. Everyone got a galaxy s3 or iphone, and now we have to wait until December 2014 until the cycle begins again. ITS TOO LATE FOR RIM! Mobile phone outlets and kiosks will be converted into muffin stands in the mean time for your convenience during the wait.
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-05-13 01:54 PM
    No, you are blind to see it was a bad move and they did something just like this before and they started dropping lower and lower but let's ignore that and pretend everything is rainbows.

Apple was dying because of the lack of Macs selling and brand awareness at that point not because of phones (lol.)

They are doing something they did before and those phones barely sold at all so now I am speculating and am blind? Maybe those eye patches over your eye need to be removed, all you see is black.

You also don't have to be a jacka$$.
    You are clearly so out of touch about everything, I wouldn't even know where to begin debating you.
    01-05-13 02:08 PM
117 ... 2345