02-06-13 11:23 PM
31 12
tools
    Here's a really big ball park. I think there are about 5000 phone stores in the uk. So each store averaging 20 Z10 sales gives 100,000. From what I've seen so far (asking questions in stores) that will not be too far off what has been sold in the UK in the last week. I've no idea how much online sales will add to the total.
    02-06-13 01:03 PM
    Blackberry pretty pleased with the numbers. See below;

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- BlackBerry Inc. BBRY +0.25% said Wednesday afternoon that the launches of the Z10 smartphone in the U.K. and Canadian markets have set records for the launch of a new BlackBerry device. In a statement, CEO Thorsten Heins said the launch of the touchscreen Z10 in Canada on Tuesday "was more than 50% better than any other launch day in our history in Canada." The device launched last Thursday in the U.K., where Heins said "we have seen close to three times our best performance ever for the first week of sales for a BlackBerry smartphone." No specific sales figures were given. BlackBerry shares were last trading up about 0.4% to $16.08 after trading down 1% earlier.
    02-06-13 01:26 PM
    I think the sales are good, but not "massive".
    Aye, they be massive:

- massive (msv) adj.

3. Large in comparison with the usual amount
    "In Canada, yesterday was the best day ever for the first day of a launch of a new BlackBerry smartphone. In fact, it was more than 50% better than any other launch day in our history in Canada," said Thorsten Heins, President & CEO of BlackBerry. "In the UK, we have seen close to three times our best performance ever for the first week of sales for a BlackBerry smartphone."
    02-06-13 02:32 PM
    Don't panic. That uswitch data is not up to date. Remember the UK didn't have presales because of the surprise announcement last week.
    The Z10 will definitely be in the top 2 or 3 this month, probably number 1.

I think phone sales are generally down at the moment. Most people already have a decent enough phone, but no money. This is a problem for BlackBerry. It will take a while for BB10 to really catch on, but catch on it will.
    . As soon as someone will take my money here for a Zed 10 I will gladly give it to them.
    02-06-13 11:05 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Expecting another record launch in UAE in the days ahead ... all great signs that bb Z10 is a massive winner!
    02-06-13 11:11 PM
    BlackBerry comes out and say sales in the UK are 3 time as good as any other previous BB product! 50% higher in Canada. Spin it anyway they will, this is a good beginning for BlackBerry. A said to be dead company that only does qwerty! Keep things in perspective people!
    02-06-13 11:23 PM
31 12