I'm sorry if I'm being a complete dunce but what is Mass Media Storage Mode? Does it affect how u can use those files on ur BB? Why do you need it? And when should you use it?
    If someone can help lil ole me I'd be most grateful.

Cheers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 09:53 PM
    Mass Storage Mode lets you drag and drop files to/from your computer to your blackberry. You have to have a media card to use it. You enable it as follows:

Status/Options/Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BB into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the blackberry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.

In Rim's implementation of microSD cards, they're used for ringtones, videos, music, and pictures. (That's why Rim calls them Media Cards, even though they're sold as microSD cards.) You can also use one as a memory stick, like a USB disk, using Mass Storage mode, but you can't access those files from the blackberry without 3rd party software. You can't run apps from one, yet.
    06-14-08 09:58 PM
    So basically it negates the need for the very irritating desktop manager then?
    That's fantastic!!

Thanks loads for answering (and so quickly), much appreciated Jeff!!

Cheers!

06-14-08 10:37 PM
    You're very welcome. And yes, it basically eliminates the need for the Roxio software. In fact, I use the version of Desktop Manager that doesn't include it. The one situation where you may need to use Media Manager is to transfer videos. I don't do that, but I remember reading a thread about it. You can find it by searching the forums.

06-14-08 10:48 PM
    supported media files
    09-19-08 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD