RIM killed it at CES, there was a huge flurry of positive articles after their very clever offsite demos. That was the gain driver. I didn't see a single "too little too late" article from someone who saw it at CES.
    Don't sweat the market, I doubt a single analyst could move this stock one way or another, too many buyers/sellers.
    This is classic bull/bear and it is very exciting.
    01-11-13 11:21 PM
    Globe and Mail's article explained a lot of the missing parts. The BMO analyst downgraded RIM because he didn't see any RIM booth at the CES (which closed today). He also seemed to prematurely left Las Vegas and wrote his downgrade before RIM held their off-site demos (i.e. at nearby hotel rooms).

BMO downgrades RIM to 'underperform,' cuts price target - The Globe and Mail

The close: RIM flies despite analyst downgrade - The Globe and Mail

Meanwhile, the rest of Wall Street saw the off-site demos and kind of ignore the BMO downgrade.
    There's something to be said about seeing the entirety of stuff.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-12-13 12:15 AM
    RIM has been punished more than it ever deserved, sure RIM screwed up big time but it did not deserve $6..I remember one analyst on bnn saying that it will be follwing nokia and it will be less than 2 bucks. thank god my love to BB was stronger than the powerful media bashing..
    I have been following rim for years and as fan I can understand that I will be biased but THERE IS ALMOST NO OUT THERE SAID BB10 SUCKS....Really..RIM got good product now RIM learn from Apple, MS, Google and Samsung to launch it like LION and kill all those shorts and negative media..

By the ways last summer ex nortel employee confirmed that foreign companies had planted spyware on nortel network which was partially responsible for collapse
    01-12-13 12:55 AM
    I don't know about an outright 'conspiracy, but the BMO downgrade seemed kind of 'half-wit'.

"Mr. Long said he's grown more pessimistic on RIM's fate after leaving the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas � where the company had little presence but where many other industry players were in full display. "

Apple doesn't do CES at all. Microsoft skipped out on CES as well. IIRC, Google wasn't really doing much there either. And RIM's announcement in 2 weeks is well known now.

It seemed like a very half hearted, poorly thought out research note.
    01-12-13 10:32 AM
    Yep. I agree the guy's probably an *****, and may even have intended to force the stock down to cover some short positions of his friends and clients and such. It just didn't say that in the article (which is probably good for the author, or he'd probably be dealing with a libel suit right about now).
    01-12-13 11:17 AM
    I don't know about an outright 'conspiracy, but the BMO downgrade seemed kind of 'half-wit'.

"Mr. Long said he's grown more pessimistic on RIM's fate after leaving the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas – where the company had little presence but where many other industry players were in full display. "

Apple doesn't do CES at all. Microsoft skipped out on CES as well. IIRC, Google wasn't really doing much there either. And RIM's announcement in 2 weeks is well known now.

It seemed like a very half hearted, poorly thought out research note.
    Its not a conspiracy anymore. Its just simply is what is happening. Its only a conspiracy if they won't admit to it or don't get caught. They've been caught red handed.

Many of the usual suspects that I see online saying market manipulation and malicious trading do not occur as often as we think seem to have disappeared for the weekend. Guess they must have the same plans they had as the day the FIPs certification threads popped up?
    Shanerredflag and spike12 like this.
    01-12-13 12:26 PM
    Yes they have, yet they will never see jail time or even be investigated because it was done in full public view. It would be rare indeed to ever see an analyst be investigated as they know they can stand behind "opinion" as their legal recourse. It would be different if an analyst published false financials in concert with a down grade(opinion).

Most that know this BMO analyst will know he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, just look at his past articles verses outcome, it's all there,lol.

RIM is running on "sentiment" now and will for 2 more quarters for the most part. Now considering at least 25% of traders are short, conversely consider 25% of what you see/hear negative about RIM to be vested interests to sway "sentiment" to their camp. Now don't kid yourself into thinking a certain percentage of posters on CB are not short, that's a given when one digs deeper, although it certainly does not reach the 25% level by any means.

So what's the best way to thwart these shorts, very simple, positive "sentiment" based on facts and not taking their negative "sentiment" bait.

During the next few weeks your going to see the shorts via print/internet/media try hard to push their agenda (sentiment). Why is that? Simply because there are 100's of millions on the line for them, money makes some desperate, like a caged animal.

Thankfully RIM has a winner and 75% of the trades agree, so treat the negative shorts as what they are, a side show meant to try and influence "sentiment". If you must respond to any I suggest links to facts and not waste time or words getting drawn in further, that will nip it in the bud.

Onward >>>>BB10 Jan 30 2013 and beyond

All in my opinion, shoot my message, not me if you must.

Its not a conspiracy anymore. Its just simply is what is happening. Its only a conspiracy if they won't admit to it or don't get caught. They've been caught red handed.

Many of the usual suspects that I see online saying market manipulation and malicious trading do not occur as often as we think seem to have disappeared for the weekend. Guess they must have the same plans they had as the day the FIPs certification threads popped up?
    01-12-13 01:09 PM
    The reality of the situation is that is now (or soon to be) all in the hands off the consumer. Then they will see if they bet correctly. The average consumer doesn't follow stock analyst
    01-12-13 01:40 PM
    If they can't crash the price to buy low and cover their deficit it is entirely possible some of the traders could be pushed into bankrupcy. The current outstanding short positions need almost 30% of the available stock simply to cover the deficit, at current prices that would cost them around $2bn. Current price is higher than most points in the last 6 months and some big names stand to take a very cold shower if they can't get it below about $10 again.
    This would be the icing on the BB10 cake.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-12-13 01:40 PM
    This would be the icing on the BB10 cake.
    They won't be able to get out in time.
    01-12-13 01:50 PM
    They won't be able to get out in time.
    Their fault.
    01-12-13 05:58 PM
    I think every call option that expired at the 13 strike should be investigated. They were worth 2 cents early in trading and closed up over $1 each. A 50x gain! if RIMM gets killed next week, on Friday, I am putting some money in call options as a goof. I've seen this crap before in LLTC years ago. it was like clockwork every day options expired..
    01-12-13 09:16 PM
    I think every call option that expired at the 13 strike should be investigated. They were worth 2 cents early in trading and closed up over $1 each. A 50x gain! if RIMM gets killed next week, on Friday, I am putting some money in call options as a goof. I've seen this crap before in LLTC years ago. it was like clockwork every day options expired..
    Funny how this works isn't it...guess the short position isn't quite so exposed anymore.

Great observation...well done.
    01-12-13 09:51 PM
    Now this is rich ! They interview Canaccord who proceeded to downgrade RIM to a sell on Dec 3rd , and thereafter it rose steadily to earnings. And 3 guesses who that Canaccord analyst was who down-graded Dec 3rd ? You guessed it ! . Mr. Walkley !....................
    I mean , you just can't make this stuff up.
    01-12-13 09:59 PM
    wouldn't doubt it.... I don't care though as I had 300 @ $9, sold at $12.10....after earnings dip I bought 300 AGAIN at $10.72....now loving it at over $13!
    spike12 likes this.
    01-13-13 01:55 AM
    It was obvious in the first hours of the trading. BMO was buying shares like there was no tomorrow.

Besides. BMO downgrading RIM two weeks before new product launch after a profitable quarter smells a bit fishy.

Attachment 130973
    Dam bro, your good!
    01-13-13 02:19 AM
    A lot of light be shown in all sorts of dark corners recently! This whole RIM saga is good viewing!
    01-13-13 02:34 AM
    Had a nice read, lots of smart people here at crackberry
    nquyen likes this.
    01-13-13 03:11 AM
    Some played 2014 calls for those reasons yet I don't see any issue "next Friday", too much good news in the pipe, it would have to be something manufactured,too many are on the ball now to fall for that.

01-13-13 12:09 PM
    Canacrap has a long howe st history/mentality going back many many years,lol. The shorting of their own IPO's is nothing unusual,lol.

Now this is rich ! They interview Canaccord who proceeded to downgrade RIM to a sell on Dec 3rd , and thereafter it rose steadily to earnings. And 3 guesses who that Canaccord analyst was who down-graded Dec 3rd ? You guessed it ! . Mr. Walkley !....................
    I mean , you just can't make this stuff up.
    01-13-13 12:13 PM
    I guess my $15 might happen before end of this week..Monday and almost hit 15. Just little worried those 137mill shorts..This is what they had done post ER. Longs do not sell..do not sell. Wait for $20 before Jan 30, if ca not wait for $20, how about $17..hold your longs..
    01-14-13 11:35 AM
    Looking at my practice stocks at RBC, I really wished I used real money

BThunderW likes this.
    01-14-13 02:04 PM
    What is considered a lot of stock for individual investors. Most of these really big sums are institutional.
    01-14-13 05:36 PM
    Looking at my practice stocks at RBC, I really wished I used real money

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zxqz9e.png
    I'm up over $25,000.00. For real.
    01-14-13 05:39 PM
    I'm up over $25,000.00. For real.
    Wow, some folks sure share alot on the web.... Good thing it's a safe environment.
    01-14-13 06:01 PM
54 123