In order for BlackBerry's marketing to be successful, they need to do something off the wall. Something that'll stick and get people talking. They should create a new unique TV campaign starring none other than BlackBerry's CEO Mr. Thorsten Heins.

Thorsten Heins, you ask? Why? He's awkward. Not overly charismatic. A little geeky. But a super nice guy. Likeable. Funny, even.

Perfect!!

Picture this: TH sitting on the edge of a desk against a plain background, BlackBerry Z10 in hand. He describes some of the unique features of the OS, such as gestures. "See, you swipe up when you're done. Isn't that neat?". Next frame, he's clapping (like he did often during the launch). The ad ends with the words BlackBerry Z10/Q10 superimposed in white near the middle of the frame. No background music during the ad's entirety.

One ad, he would describe gestures. Another one, the hub. Another, flick typing. All with plain, dry humor. Simple and to the point in a very endearing way.
    Sounds like Hair Club For Men, "I'm not just the president, I'm also also a client".

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-09-13 11:15 AM
    The guy actually has a good sense of humor (liked the suit joke today). It's not about what he lacks but what he'd bring.
    07-09-13 11:16 AM
    I think it's a great idea. Perhaps we could also get Ballmer to do the Windows Phone ads.
    07-09-13 11:16 AM
    For what did they hire Alicia Keys as Mrs Creative Director? What if the ad shows how she creates the ad with story maker presenting some of the outstanding features of BB10.
    And the jingle? let her write a song...
    Btw I like TH way of presenting things, but may be that's because I'm german, too...

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 12:51 PM
    I agree with this approach. I would change the people used based on market and highlight featured. People who come to mind would be Alicia Keys, TH, Vivek Bhardwaj, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg. Also maybe one of the many celebs using BlackBerry at the moment.

Now with that being said I would have the person in the office ect. And then have them using the features in real life with there narrative in the back ground. I would try to make it as simple as possible though to not take away from the main feature being highlighted.

Posted via CB10
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    07-09-13 01:00 PM
    When have they ever tried that?
    Exactly my thoughts
    07-10-13 09:29 AM
    For what did they hire Alicia Keys as Mrs Creative Director? What if the ad shows how she creates the ad with story maker presenting some of the outstanding features of BB10.
    And the jingle? let her write a song...
    Btw I like TH way of presenting things, but may be that's because I'm german, too...

Posted via CB10
    ^^^yep....why did they "hire" her if not for marketing? I haven't seen a single commercial with her in it....I've seen webisodes of her "keep moving" thing that shows her on tour, etc....but ZERO on the TV
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-10-13 09:34 AM
    This idea would send BlackBerry right to the poor house.

Pass....

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-10-13 01:11 PM
    ^^^yep....why did they "hire" her if not for marketing? I haven't seen a single commercial with her in it....I've seen webisodes of her "keep moving" thing that shows her on tour, etc....but ZERO on the TV
    I agree. See the Keep Moving Projects are a huge waste of time and money. They could have been a success but here are the problems: They aren't used as advertisements. The only way people can find them is if they stumble upon them on BlackBerry's website. The other problem is that they use C list celebrities. Alicia Keys is fine but Robert Rodriguez and Neil Gaiman? Cmon.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 01:22 PM
    You Have made great points, specially the he is awkward and that they should capitalize on it

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 01:32 PM
    Need Beiber. Scary as it is there are still millions of Beleiber's, *shudders*, who, *gag*, are in target market for the next gen smart phone users.
    07-10-13 01:50 PM
    Need Beiber. Scary as it is there are still millions of Beleiber's, *shudders*, who, *gag*, are in target market for the next gen smart phone users.
    And have Bieber give out his BBM to his screaming fans :P

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:56 PM
    In order for BlackBerry's marketing to be successful, they need to do something off the wall. Something that'll stick and get people talking. They should create a new unique TV campaign starring none other than BlackBerry's CEO Mr. Thorsten Heins.

Thorsten Heins, you ask? Why? He's awkward. Not overly charismatic. A little geeky. But a super nice guy. Likeable. Funny, even.

Perfect!!

Picture this: TH sitting on the edge of a desk against a plain background, BlackBerry Z10 in hand. He describes some of the unique features of the OS, such as gestures. "See, you swipe up when you're done. Isn't that neat?". Next frame, he's clapping (like he did often during the launch). The ad ends with the words BlackBerry Z10/Q10 superimposed in white near the middle of the frame. No background music during the ad's entirety.

One ad, he would describe gestures. Another one, the hub. Another, flick typing. All with plain, dry humor. Simple and to the point in a very endearing way.
    That's just one idea of many, but I really like it. Good thinking
    07-10-13 05:05 PM
    It's a bad state of affairs when we the users have to try and do franks marketing job.

Let's see, how many folk at imore or Android Central are conjuring up marketing ideas lol

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-10-13 05:11 PM
    And have Bieber give out his BBM to his screaming fans :P

Posted via CB10
    Do I see a Bieber BBM stress test in the future??!! lol

But with all joking aside though...wouldn't that be an amazing promo? To get millions of teenage girls away from their iPhones just to BBM Bieber? lol
    07-10-13 05:33 PM
    Do I see a Bieber BBM stress test in the future??!! lol

But with all joking aside though...wouldn't that be an amazing promo? To get millions of teenage girls away from their iPhones just to BBM Bieber? lol
    Well it wouldn't get them away from their iPhone's per say but it may cause them to jump ship. BBM will be available for other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 07:05 PM
    Well it wouldn't get them away from their iPhone's per say but it may cause them to jump ship. BBM will be available for other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    I realize that but if it is done before that happens. Anyways...I think we both know it won't happen lol
    07-10-13 07:21 PM
    It's just me who thinks the OP is actually joking and people are taking him way too seriously?
    07-11-13 01:46 AM
    It's just me who thinks the OP is actually joking and people are taking him way too seriously?
    It doesn't appear that he is joking.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 06:22 AM
    I'm not sure why they don't capitalize on their celebrity popularity. When apple introduced ipod they out one in the hands of every celebrity that had hands. There are some really high profile celebs that use and love blackberry. If getting them to endorse the phone is too costly then just list their names on the screen, who cares. When people like beyonce, and lady Gaga are crazy about your phone and you don't do anything with that you are dumb dumbs.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-11-13 07:03 AM
    I'm dead serious. Enough with the flying carpets, sliding on wet soccer fields, exploding colored dust and rubber ducks. They need to get the word out about the new OS in a basic, genuine, non-artsy way!
    Last edited by birdman_38; 08-14-13 at 08:56 AM.
    07-18-13 10:00 PM
46 12