I feel you there. I just feel that the slider should cover both aspects of the market. Look,feel and function as all touch slab, with the profile for the sliding keyboard being so low that you don't know it's there.

However for those that need/prefer typing on a physical keyboard it's there. IMHO that is

Sent via Passport!
    In addition to the QC issues that come along with the Slider, I�m most concerned that the battery life will suffer, due to smaller battery space because of the keyboard. The Z10's fatal flaw was poor battery life, so let�s not repeat that blunder.
    08-04-15 07:29 PM
    I had someone walk by my desk today an saw my Z10 and said nice looking BlackBerry iPhone. Is Apple suing Blackberry... sigh... Not worth a response.

Posted via CB10
    I would have said hard to sue what they have copied for their latest features lol
    08-04-15 07:33 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't market, so the celebs carrying BlackBerry phones genuinely want them.

I'm not saying a weak point is all touch, if you read my first sentence. I'm saying when consumers think of BlackBerry, they think of keyboard first.
    Uhhh... your last sentence is correct. But the reason for that fact is precisely because BlackBerry refuses to tell anybody differently!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:35 PM
    Few people really recognizes or cares that BlackBerry even carries all touch phones. The public perception that BB = PKB is very hard to shake off now. For those forecasting 4 devices every year as if it was some sort of a reduction, what part of "1-2 devices every year" wasn't clear? We'd be lucky if they did one PKB and one slider every other year at this point.
    08-04-15 07:57 PM
    Few people really recognizes or cares that BlackBerry even carries all touch phones. The public perception that BB = PKB is very hard to shake off now.
    Harder to than shaking off the public perception of "BlackBerry sucks"?

The only way to shake that off is to release phones that don't suck, touch or PKB.

PKB has a market, touch market is at least 10 times more, consumer or enterprise

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-04-15 11:27 PM
    Blackberry doesn't pay anyone to carry anything.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes they do, I got some emails by mistake once from somebody who worked at BB when BB10 was launched.
    08-05-15 09:22 AM
    One thing I feel would be good for the upcoming slider is that it was low profile enough to double as a slider/all touch. What I'm implying is that those that have no desire to use the keyboard won't even notice it's there.

The BlackBerry Torch wasn't low profile. You could tell it was a slider. Now if the BB10 slider gave the impression of being a slab device first it would kill two birds with one stone. IMHO

Sent via Passport!
    I agree that some might see the Slider as an all touch option if they don't have to make and sacrifices......

But I as we have seen with many new devices these days.... thinner mean less structural support, add in the mechanism for making it a slider and then the BB10 requirement for a hugely over sized battery. Either the Slider is going to be THICK, or there will be structural, mechanical and power issues with it.

And I don't think a combination of Android with the BlackBerry Experience is going to be very good for power usage either. So I think many are still going to "want" a flagship all touch.... there is always next year.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-05-15 09:46 AM
    Few people really recognizes or cares that BlackBerry even carries all touch phones. The public perception that BB = PKB is very hard to shake off now. For those forecasting 4 devices every year as if it was some sort of a reduction, what part of "1-2 devices every year" wasn't clear? We'd be lucky if they did one PKB and one slider every other year at this point.
    That is the issue BlackBerry = PKB. PKB = what most smartphone buyer don't want. They must disassociate BlackBerry from PKB and BBOS. Neither is a positive. They can still make PKB's for that rapidly shrinking niche, but they can't be tied to it in mind share or they will never sell devices.

Posted via Z30
    08-05-15 09:53 AM
    Just bought a Passport. Still am getting used to the keyboard - sure hope it gets softer. As one of the old farts on this forum, I have worn out thumb joints from too many hours on a bike.

Anyway, what is not being said here (I am a VKB person, would love a VKB Passport) remember that there was a major attempt to duplicate a BB keyboard for the Iphone.
    08-05-15 10:09 AM
    Getting back on topic, OP is correct. When you see a BlackBerry, whether it's in the hands of a celebrity or not, it's usually a PKB BlackBerry. I've literally never seen a Z10 "in the wild" and I've only seen one Z30 (my son's). And it's easy to see why...if you want a PKB, BlackBerry is clearly your best option. But if you want a full touch device you have hundreds of choices, and unless you're madly in love with the BB10 UI or buy into the security paranoia BlackBerry is probably not the best choice simply because of the app situation.

Posted via CB10
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    08-05-15 12:44 PM
    Getting back on topic, OP is correct. When you see a BlackBerry, whether it's in the hands of a celebrity or not, it's usually a PKB BlackBerry. I've literally never seen a Z10 "in the wild" and I've only seen one Z30 (my son's). And it's easy to see why...if you want a PKB, BlackBerry is clearly your best option. But if you want a full touch device you have hundreds of choices, and unless you're madly in love with the BB10 UI or buy into the security paranoia BlackBerry is probably not the best choice simply because of the app situation.

Posted via CB10
    Most of the users I have seen picking up BB10 in the Government Enterprise I contract too are going with the Z10. They get to see a picture in the page and they choose all touch because, as Chen said, they are consumers, and that is what consumers want. Most Enterprise BlackBerry end users would gladly go with iPhone or Android if given an option, but when when BlackBerry 10 is put in front of them they still seem to prefer all touch over PKB, and that makes sense, otherwise PKB sales on the consumer side would be much higher.

Posted via Z30
    08-05-15 03:31 PM
    Most of the users I have seen picking up BB10 in the Government Enterprise I contract too are going with the Z10. They get to see a picture in the page and they choose all touch because, as Chen said, they are consumers, and that is what consumers want. Most Enterprise BlackBerry end users would gladly go with iPhone or Android if given an option, but when when BlackBerry 10 is put in front of them they still seem to prefer all touch over PKB, and that makes sense, otherwise PKB sales on the consumer side would be much higher.

Posted via Z30
    I don't doubt that at all. VKB rules the market, so if you tell someone to choose a device but it has to be BB10 then the majority will choose a Z. But as you said, they'd likely take an iPhone or Android. I'm talking about personal users who are free to choose any device they want - like the celebrity type BlackBerry users OP is referencing. The biggest reason to choose BlackBerry is if you're one of the few who want a PKB.

As an aside, one question I get a lot when I pull out my Q is "isn't there a full touch BlackBerry that's kinda like an iPhone?" or something to that effect. I suspect a full touch BlackBerry could be a winner for them. It probably has to be some type of BB10-skinned Android, since the app gap makes it DOA otherwise, and it has to be perfect, with none of the structural issues that have plagued several BB10 devices (loose batteries/reboots, lifting screens, etc). It has to be a home run, something that virtually everyone that buys it loves it, and shows it around and talks it up.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 04:29 PM
    Based on what I have seen here in the USA, nobody cares about a PKB device anymore whether the faithful believe it or not.

The iPhone and latest Android devices have changed all that. Do you honestly think if their was a hint they could produce a PKB device and make money, they would????

But the majority and I mean 98% of the market will choose a touch screen device and not even consider a PKB device and that is the reality in today's market.

I would really like to see an an Android based all touch slider with decent specs and priced competitively where folks might take a chance on buying it and me being one of them. Just my two cents.
    If BB focused on that 2% that wanted a PKB and captured it they would increase their market share nearly 10 fold. They can't compete on all touch devices.
    08-05-15 04:46 PM
    If BB focused on that 2% that wanted a PKB and captured it they would increase their market share nearly 10 fold. They can't compete on all touch devices.
    I doubt there is 2% or anywhere close to that. When they were at their peak, they sold about 14 Million phones a quarter, and most of those were low end devices in low end markets on low cost BIS plans. Key here is the people buying them based on total cost of ownership and were poor, and not for the PKB. This is why cheap all touch Android has destroyed BlackBerry in those same markets now. Before that they were the only game in town and their was not any full touch devices worth a crap. Full touch devices have improved to the point that even many former PKB BlackBerry users, like myself, don't want them. The PKB market is too tiny to focus on, and shrinking daily. People aren't waiting for an Android device with a BlackBerry PKB, if they were someone would have built them.

Posted via Z30
    08-05-15 05:25 PM
    And the worst thing is that those praises didn't sell a single device! Most people still don't know BlackBerry makes an all touch device. People see my Z30 and are amazed and don't know BlackBerry made a large screen all touch. They never really made a flagship all touch that could compete with the other Flagships from the competition.

Posted via Z30
    Amm when the z10 came out it out perform vast majority out there same with the z30 side by side it was and a beast, the only downfall was the apps and I should know I got the z10 same day it was released. At the time my ex got s4 was so laggy from day one, same with my 4s. So they are capable.
    08-05-15 07:19 PM
    Lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 07:53 PM
    CAN'T? What's that in a prosumer's vocabulary?
    08-05-15 08:27 PM
    Whenever a famous person shows their BlackBerry, it's either a Bold, Classic or Passport
    Because PKBs are like BlackBerry's signature; it's easily recognizable.

Osores odierint! Cave, cave, moderator videt
    08-05-15 09:36 PM
    They are all carrying iPhones too. Christ even Alicia Keys was carrying two and using both when she was on the BlackBerry payroll. These celebrities are probably telling their assistants to get them a replacement for their bold and are oblivious that their are options, or since they already have an iPhone want keys on their second phone. Most normal people don't carry multiple phones. Even the uber fans in here who say nothing is wrong carry two phones. If BlackBerry is so great man up and carry one. Those of us who only carry a BlackBerry know there are issues and want them fixed and want all touch.

Posted via Z30
    08-06-15 05:11 AM
44 12