Just finished watching the 'Terminator' movie with our good friend Arnold Schwarzenegger and had an idea. Given the worlds awareness with BB blinking red light that tells them a message has arrived, play it up a bit....here's what I'm thinking:

Many people outside of Crackberry are predicting the demise of RIM, which can be symbolized in the commercial by the dimming of the red light on partially buried blackberry phone (covered enough so people think it's an older version). However, just like in the Terminator movie where the eye begins to light up again, the red light gains intensity and become more like a beacon calling you in - but it does more than that. The commercial needs to have overwhelming similarities to the movie so people get it, and also get pulled in. As this blinking light gets more powerful - you begin to highlight how RIM is not only alive, but is now offering the most futuristic, useful device on the market.

Maybe I have an overactive imagination (too geeky) or no concept of modern advertising, but as a guy, I'd be totally into checking something like that out...
    stevepar, kbz1960, Geeoff and 4 others like this.
    06-01-12 07:40 PM
    I really like this...may just be me being geeky too. Could be split up to build up suspense in the weeks before launch/announcement, so at first you just see the slowly dimming red light, and as the weeks progress you see the resurgence.
    06-01-12 08:26 PM
    Works for me, splitting it up allows them to start communicating before the official launch so they stay on peoples radar.
    stevepar likes this.
    06-01-12 08:57 PM
    Good idea!

I think that they will need aggressive marketing. Some edge is required!

Idea 1: Update the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" commercials to "I'm a PC phone, I'm a Macphone, I'm a robot."

The PC phone can be the stodgy, bland guy. The Mac phone should be like a former cool kid who is a bit older now. The Mac phone should be unable to multitask properly. And the droid can try to sell things at inappropriate times.

But then Blackberry would enter the screen and would be a real celebrity ... Like Beyonce! Instantly Blackberry would look cool again!

Beyonce likes Blackberry so maybe she'd be happy to support during this critical time. And building on the former Apple commercials would give instant recognition.

Idea 2: Remember the iconic Apple computer commercial from 1984? It has been rated the best commercial ever by some people. Well, now Apple is the new IBM. So they need to update this commercial targetting Apple this time. Another crackberry user posted this idea and I think its great.

The advantage of a crisis is that Blackberry can go edgy and aggressive in their marketing!!
    Last edited by Geeoff; 06-02-12 at 12:19 AM.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    06-02-12 12:16 AM
    I think thjey need to market it as a new BlackBerry. Call it something different than BlackBerry 10. Make sure people know it isn't the same old BBOS.
    06-02-12 02:29 AM
    For me this has to have world-wide and local pull. So use some world-wide/international stars, but RIM needs to use some local country stars,too, in their advertising to show that the device is 'cool'

At the same time the advertising needs to be split between the Consumer, Prosumer and Enterprise markets. If it doesn't RIM will get a kicking in the media....
    06-02-12 03:30 AM
    Sounds good to me.

You would need Arnie to star in the ad, but he would need a bra as he's gone a bit saggy in his old age...a bit like RIM
    06-02-12 03:38 AM
    Arnold? We have Heins!
    06-02-12 03:50 AM
    Is the first bb10 device having a notification light (it is is the one thing I hate about my lumia - no light)?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    06-02-12 04:08 AM
    I think thjey need to market it as a new BlackBerry. Call it something different than BlackBerry 10. Make sure people know it isn't the same old BBOS.
    100% Agreed.

Someone suggested BBNX (BB NeXt). QNX is definitely a better name than BB10. Or maybe they could work a deal to get the name BBX back. The key is to indicate a *completely* new OS.

This crisis is an OPPORTUNITY to make changes!
    06-02-12 06:54 AM
    These are the kind of marketing ideas that have eluded RIM for quite a while now. Good imagination OP, maybe you need to apply for a job with RIM, they could use the help......obviously
    06-02-12 07:09 AM
    It would be foolish to think that era of RIM and BlackBerry will end. Their greatest USP BBM is going strongly. Once the user gets a taste of BlackBerry messenger, it's almost impossible to resist.
    We have seen the decline of Nokia but BlackBerry has managed to keep steady..
    06-02-12 08:04 AM
    Just finished watching the 'Terminator' movie with our good friend Arnold Schwarzenegger and had an idea. Given the worlds awareness with BB blinking red light that tells them a message has arrived, play it up a bit....here's what I'm thinking:

Many people outside of Crackberry are predicting the demise of RIM, which can be symbolized in the commercial by the dimming of the red light on partially buried blackberry phone (covered enough so people think it's an older version). However, just like in the Terminator movie where the eye begins to light up again, the red light gains intensity and become more like a beacon calling you in - but it does more than that. The commercial needs to have overwhelming similarities to the movie so people get it, and also get pulled in. As this blinking light gets more powerful - you begin to highlight how RIM is not only alive, but is now offering the most futuristic, useful device on the market.

Maybe I have an overactive imagination (too geeky) or no concept of modern advertising, but as a guy, I'd be totally into checking something like that out...
    Not bad, but the Terminator series is a franchise that will demand royalties.
    06-02-12 09:29 AM
    love RIM's one hand approach they should maximize that I.e i have a 3month girl and one hand i'm always carrying her. it be great to send a quick msg while taking care of "whats more important" .

Thats the best part of BB neways its such a easy device to get to what u need to fast and out!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-02-12 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD