They could release Brick Breaker with ads and market it!

I think the most people who'll be using HUB+ are people on corporate devices with BES. BlackBerry should market the apps to enterprise that doesn't want BlackBerry devices, but do want BlackBerry Security and Productivity. It could generate a revenue stream.

Ah well, you have a good idea concerning BlackBerry, you can almost count on them doing the opposite :lol:
    08-23-16 03:02 PM
    I think making Hub swipable from the left or right would help a lot, otherwise to me it was just another app I opened from the Recent Apps, homescreen or app drawer.

Without an easier access point than other apps Hub just becomes another app, I think its constant availability in BB10 with a simply swipe truly makes it work well. Its these little things that make or break an app.
    Great point. On BlackBerry's Android Phones it is available with a swipe, but apparently not when it's installed as a third party app on other devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 04:50 PM
    I did not find BB Hub to be useful, had it on my Galaxy Note 4 for almost 2weeks and barely used it. I have 3 email accounts, FB, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Skype and YouTube giving me notifications throughout the day, and I found it easier to deal with them in their specific apps.

Many of us on Android got used to the Notification bar being a 'hub' of sorts, and I just couldn't get used to BB Hub. If BB are to sell it, they need to have something truly solid in it, they currently don't.
    As I understand it, and from my limited use, the Android Version of the Hub doesn't integrate all of those things fully, like it does on BB10 (at least for the ones I use). So, it would be some sort of odd combination, vs just using the notifications.

I'm trying to deal with the notifications on the DTEK50 and find that to be better than not having anything, but worse than the BB10 Hub. I don't like them hanging around like they do (perhaps there is a setting to alter that).

Bottom line: You're right--either the Hub has to be fully integrated in Android, or it won't really work as intended.

KAM
    08-24-16 08:48 AM
    I think making Hub swipable from the left or right would help a lot, otherwise to me it was just another app I opened from the Recent Apps, homescreen or app drawer.

Without an easier access point than other apps Hub just becomes another app, I think its constant availability in BB10 with a simply swipe truly makes it work well. Its these little things that make or break an app.
    Good point. You're kind of bursting my hope bubble here regarding Android and The Hub.

On BB10 it is great, on Android, it is (currently) just sort of tacked on, and not integrated in the way it needs to be.

KAM
    08-24-16 08:49 AM
    I am a previous BB owner and user. I have switched to Android and installed Hub+. It is definitely less integrated into the OS on Android than it was on BB10 and as a result, to me, it feels simply like another app that I wished to have worked well, but doesn't. Specifically, the fact that it must be left open and that there is no integrated swipe from left or right just makes it feel like an additional step and burden to use(I have an HTC 10).
    08-25-16 06:59 AM
    I am a previous BB owner and user. I have switched to Android and installed Hub+. It is definitely less integrated into the OS on Android than it was on BB10 and as a result, to me, it feels simply like another app that I wished to have worked well, but doesn't. Specifically, the fact that it must be left open and that there is no integrated swipe from left or right just makes it feel like an additional step and burden to use(I have an HTC 10).
    This is why I would want to get the DTEK50 or Priv, so that I could swipe to the hub from the home screen. It's not AT ALL the same as swiping to the hub from anywhere like in BB10, but it's better than just running Hub+ as an App.

Please note I have limited experience with the Hub on Android, so feel free to correct any factual errors!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 09:13 AM
    BB10 was built around the Hub. Android was built around Candy Crush. Hub+ will more than likely just irritate android users and again give BlackBerry a poor reputation.

I have heard they are making improvements all the time and the Droid Hub is getting better.

BlackBerry had a product that was a one of a kind in its Hay Day. I am sad to say they missed the App boat and the BlackBerry phone business is in dire straights.

To have the Hub sell they needed to send something to the market that was BB10 level not irritation marshmallow level

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 10:06 AM
    BB10 was built around the Hub. Android was built around Candy Crush. Hub+ will more than likely just irritate android users and again give BlackBerry a poor reputation.

I have heard they are making improvements all the time and the Droid Hub is getting better.

BlackBerry had a product that was a one of a kind in its Hay Day. I am sad to say they missed the App boat and the BlackBerry phone business is in dire straights.

To have the Hub sell they needed to send something to the market that was BB10 level not irritation marshmallow level

Posted via CB10
    Most smartphone owners today... probably won't see a point in the hub. It's part INBOX and part notification system. While the HUB was a great idea way back when, today most Android users are just fine with the new notification system, click it and you are sent to the appropriate app.

HUB on Android is in a way just another notification system that still require a user to go back to the appropriate app to see the full posting or make replies. And now an all in one email isn't all that special anymore, as most clients do that.

I do have the HUB installed, but too be honest... I find myself using the Android notification system much more. I doubt I'll do the subscription right away... will probable try NINE and OUTLOOK as I've heard some good things about both recently, and then think about which meets my needs the best. Too be honest if Outlook was anything like desktop Outlook... that's what I'd use. But I imainge it's striped down.

Anyway... just don't see where the average non BB10 user will see enough value to pay $12 a year.
    08-25-16 10:49 AM
    Absolutely. Tried using the Hub plus!!! Just doesn't have the same functionality as on a blackberry. Example pulls you to the original source and when deleteing a message on hub. Eg text you still have to delete from the text application. I see no point.

Extremely good emails. Text, what's app, LinkedIn doesn't function. Back and forth to those application.

Being long-term Blackberry user only moving to Sony and Android few months ago. . Like all of us!!!! was trying so much for a month Blackberry on my phone.
    Just didn't work. Who knows in the future

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-26-16 08:44 PM
    Hi dun. I have the same views. Best email and calendar on my Sony android

Cloud magic.

Was 6 years with BLACKBERRY

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-26-16 08:50 PM
35 12