Z10 is a good product but I don't think that marketing strategy or execution was anywhere close to the mark.
    The only one commercial they had running had no emotional or product feature connection.Random Transitions all over.
    Most people in US still don't know what is Z10. Except Canada, UAE i think its the same story.
    What do you guys say?

Posted via CB10
    Stewartj1, shiera99, CLCL and 2 others like this.
    06-28-13 12:01 PM
    Yes I agree!!

Posted via CB on my Z10
    06-28-13 12:02 PM
    There is Def not enough ads...at least here in Belgium

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 12:10 PM
    This is their marketing

Marketing head Frank must go?-942634_537059849694851_1923808722_n.jpg
    06-28-13 12:12 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    pallav_db likes this.
    06-28-13 12:27 PM
    I think marketing is the least of the issues.
    06-28-13 12:31 PM
    Z10 is a good product but I don't think that marketing strategy or execution was anywhere close to the mark.
    The only one commercial they had running had no emotional or product feature connection.Random Transitions all over.
    Most people in US still don't know what is Z10. Except Canada, UAE i think its the same story.
    What do you guys say?

AGREED.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 12:35 PM
    I don't know if he must go, but they need new people with new ideas. The marketing for BlackBerry10 here in the United States has been next to nothing.

No billboards.

Rare, odd television commercials.

A few alright radio commercials.

The Z10 has been out since late March, and still, I'd be willing to bet that most people don't know about it. Everyone knows that they need to have apps like Instagram and some of the other big ones. Their situation won't get any better if they don't have those apps. What good is marketing if people rush out to buy a product, only to discover that their favorite apps aren't available once they buy it?? Spend some money (like the money they're saving by not developing BB10 for PlayBook) getting those apps. Like seriously, whatever it takes. Make deals of any kind to get these apps. Promise big name app developers that their apps will come pre-loaded (oh yeah, but make sure to keep this promise).

Then have some good tv commercials that show off the cool things BlackBerry10 can do. It's not hard. BlackBerry10 can do lots of things, yet none really seem to be apparent in their commercials.

Then they have to MAKE SURE that in-store displays are done properly. Enough with the Demo Mode sh1t they have running on working display units. They can have that, but they also need a "Skip" feature, that lets people bypass that Demo Mode, and actually get to see the device firsthand. They have to come up with a security mechanism that ISN'T A ZIP TIE AROUND THE FRONT OF THE DEVICE. Why? Because every BB10 phone with a zip tie around it is almost completely unusable. BB10 relies solely on gestures. How can a browsing customer get a feel for a device when they can't even navigate around the device because of the zip tie? \

BlackBerry needs to develop some sort of claw-like security device for in-store displays, a device that can properly secure the device while leaving the display free, so people can explore. This should have been one of the first things they did when they decided that all-gestures and NO home button was going to be the route they took.
    Jerale Hoard and mrzeolite like this.
    06-28-13 12:46 PM
    The marketing department definitely needs a shake up. I'd even go so far as to say a revolution.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:26 PM
    They need to step up ,and step up hard stay away from this concept artsy nonsene.Get to the real life usage.Keep it real.
    newcollector, Dzyen and Stewartj1 like this.
    06-28-13 01:36 PM
    I totally agree. He talks a good talk, but does not walk the walk. Time is up, Mr.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:42 PM
    Good picture James. What does "this girl is on fire" say about BlackBerry especially if she is not even holding a Z or Q10? The cat is right, bring the marshmallows. =0)

Posted via CB10
    Jamez Avila likes this.
    06-28-13 01:47 PM
    I think so. The little advertising they have done was pretty abysmal and the best marketing for BlackBerry has come from Verizon...it's time for Frank Le Bon Bon to clean out his desk.
    angieberry10 and the_sleuth like this.
    06-28-13 01:59 PM
    Lets be Frank! The marketing for Blackberry has been the worst out of the big players in the US. This really cant be debated as Samsung, Apple and Nokia hell even HTC all have a much more solid and effective ad space. Perhaps in the Canada or the EU the ads have been better for Blackberry but I have not seen it. Does it really matter what the OS is capable of if it is not effectively communicated to the masses? We here on Crackberry only represent a small amount of the users. Effective marketing is a huge factor in the US for a new device. The Super Bowl AD was the biggest waste I have ever seen. It was embarrassing to be kind. To think those poor choices and wasted money on Alicia Keys is not a serious factor when it came to the numbers from today is just not logical. Franks serious failure has a direct result to the bottom line. If you cant be effective in communicating the NEW OS features then whats the point? Sell your OS and move on. I really enjoy my Z10 and I show and educate as many as I can but that kinda grass root situation cant compete with Jay Z and Samsung or Beats Audio and HTC. Get rid of the dead weight Frank and hire some more people that can be using advertising $$ in a effective way that can rebuild your client share.
    the_sleuth likes this.
    06-28-13 02:13 PM
    Lets be Frank! The marketing for Blackberry has been the worst out of the big players in the US. This really cant be debated as
    Sure it can because you're acting as though your opinions are 'facts'

Think you can do a better job than Frank? Put your money where your mouth is ... and apply for his job.
    06-28-13 02:16 PM
    Rag on Frank day...
    06-28-13 02:17 PM
    Rag on Frank day...
    I don't think it's just today. A lot of people have stated it many times before and just as usual, the concerns are dismissed.
    shiera99 likes this.
    06-28-13 02:20 PM
    What franks need to do it cut out the artsy stuff REALISM is true advertising no more fruit cake metaphor crap.Just what teh phone does and it affects your life thast all none of this artsy sh1t.
    06-28-13 02:21 PM
    Don't ask for Frank's head. It is obvious that he doesn't use it when it comes to marketing to the USA.
    h20work likes this.
    06-28-13 02:23 PM
    Don't ask for Frank's head. It is obvious that he doesn't use it when it comes to marketing to the USA.
    06-28-13 02:24 PM
    Sure it can because you're acting as though your opinions are 'facts'

Think you can do a better job than Frank? Put your money where your mouth is ... and apply for his job.
    Maybe I will. I could do it better. My cat could probably do it better.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 02:26 PM
    I don't think it's just today. A lot of people have stated it many times before and just as usual, the concerns are dismissed.
    Fair point.

I still don't think marketing is the biggest issue the company is facing.
    richardat likes this.
    06-28-13 02:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Good luck with the application. May you go from being an armchair executive on these forums to the man who leads BlackBerry to greatness
    06-28-13 02:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Good luck with the application. May you go from being an armchair executive on these forums to the man who leads BlackBerry to greatness.

Would definitely love to know more about the campaigns that the folks on this thread have mounted and why they were gloriously successful ...

(FYI - I too would love to see marketing that appeals to me, but this is armchair 'i could do better' loudmouthing at its finest)
    06-28-13 02:30 PM
    Fair point.

I still don't think marketing is the biggest issue the company is facing.
    Marketing is everything...it permeates product design, production, performance, sales and service. If it doesn't then you have the results that BlackBerry has been experiencing. It really is all about designing, and bringing into the consumer's hand the product that will perform, will do what it is hyped to do. Apple does this extremely well. Samsung does it well. BlackBerry? Unfortunately the sales figures tell the tale.

It doesn't have to be this way. Marketing needs to recognize there is a huge difference between marketing to the USA than marketing to Canada.
    travaz and CairnsRock like this.
    06-28-13 02:34 PM
128 123 ...