Hey Kevin almighty Crack Nation leader, what BB might want to do is get in gear and make a push for a SuperBowl release timeframe and get a SUPER kick-A$$ ad in the first quarter slot showing off all "The 10" can and will do, because everyone in the world watches the Super Bowl not always for the game but to critique ads and see who has the best one, and we all know those slots cost boo-koo $$$$$, but at this point the gotta spend $$ to get the word out there so other people on those other platforms will know what it can do. Makes no sense if you are putting out the best phone on the market if the market doesn't know it exists outside of the people who have one and are waiting for the next one. Case and point, Iphone 5, little faster, little thinner, nothing really new but people were buying it in the droves, camping out for a phone that didn't really add anything new just shinier and newer, not what I want but 2 million people did.

If they can market, market, and I mean MARKET the BB 10 then the world will know that BB never left and is as strong as ever.

The Super Bowl would be the perfect time to do it too, especially if they have like a booth outside the venue with phones on hand to sell or even play with, that would boost sales and more than likely awareness of what is out there.
    10-18-12 11:55 AM
    Ads during the Super Bowl would make a splash. But at a cost of few million bucks for a 30-second spot they are not cheap. And who is to say that competitors won't want to run ads as well, drowning out the message.

Fortunately RIM is in a strong financial position where they could spend even more money and stand out even further by pulling an Oprah and tucking a free BB10 phone under every seat at the game. That might cost RIM $30 million(?) which they could even defray by partnering with a national carrier like AT&T. Now THAT would make a buzz. And it would put the latest BlackBerry in the hands of a very affluent and influential subset of the U.S. population. 100,000 Super Bowl attendees is a small percentage of the overall number of units BB10 can expect to sell so the relative scale of such promotion is actually quite negligible. But tell me such a move wouldn't make everyone sit up and take notice. It would spawn countless articles, commentaries and interest in product reviews which all serve as free marketing. It would be a huge boost to brand awareness at a time when RIM is trying to jump start a company that is perceived to be on life support. And the best part of this idea, since I plan on going to the Super Bowl again this year, is that it would mean I could be one of the first people with the new BlackBerry!
    10-18-12 12:46 PM
    not everyone is going to want the phones. critics are going to make fun of bb10 for giving them out for free and people are throwing them in the trash. can you imagine the publicity?
    10-18-12 01:13 PM
    with this ebay and craigslist world we live in, no one will throw away a phone they would just sell it and still it would generate buzz and interest in the phone and/or brand, now i don't know about just giving away a 100k phones but it will make people stand up and pay attention, or it could be one of those award show swag things that they always have going on
    they could sponsor the pre-game show, half time show, post-game show do something that gets the word out that BB is on the prowl
    10-18-12 10:33 PM