I don't have any way of implementing this but; Let's build some anticipation, I see Bumper Stickers and Billboards and TV Ads. BB Logo; "It's comming", BB Logo; "Not part of the herd", BB Logo; "X", BB Logo "1/30/13"................ culminating in; BB Logo "BB 10 is here!". I would pay for those stickers if they were available, make all but the last one cheap enough to come off easily.
    Thoughts, ideas, takers/
    11-12-12 07:20 AM
    I'd say leave the marketing up to RIM..however that has proven to be pretty much non-existent in the past..
    11-12-12 09:43 AM
    Let's hope Heins has different plans for marketing than his predecessors. I'm not expert but a lack of advertising seems to be the only Achilles Heel that RIM might have should they make that same mistake. Of course Heins seems to be doing much better with Blackberry than the two modern day irrelevants he replaced.

9900 & Tapatalk
    11-12-12 10:06 AM
    I don't have any way of implementing this but; Let's build some anticipation, I see Bumper Stickers and Billboards and TV Ads. BB Logo; "It's comming", BB Logo; "Not part of the herd", BB Logo; "X", BB Logo "1/30/13"................ culminating in; BB Logo "BB 10 is here!". I would pay for those stickers if they were available, make all but the last one cheap enough to come off easily.
    Thoughts, ideas, takers/
    Bumper stickers are the lowest form of advertising. Second only to dealer license plate holders. Although Apple does supply a white Apple logo in every one of their products, but these stickers are placed on windows, laptops, and anything else the user wants to vandalize.

If the product is good, people will come.
    If the product is -hum, no amount of advertising can change that. (Microsoft Visa and Palm Pre comes to mind).

No one, I emphasize, no one, buys an expensive product just because of a great ad.

RIM has to announce a great product and let the media run with it. If the media loves it (rave reviews, etc) then RIM can build their campaign from that.

If the media hates it, then no amount of advertising can change a person's perception of the product or brand.

And right now, RIM needs the media to jump start the brand and it's up to RIM to give the media something to write about.
    11-12-12 12:58 PM
    I'd say leave the marketing up to RIM..however that has proven to be pretty much non-existent in the past..
    New CMO.. so, I guess we'll see what he can do.
    11-12-12 01:04 PM
    I will not drive around with this on my car.

I don't have any way of implementing this but; Let's build some anticipation, I see Bumper Stickers and Billboards and TV Ads. BB Logo; "It's comming"
    11-12-12 02:36 PM
    It'll all come down to marketing if they are to get consumers. When I went to visit some hometown friends I had 3 of them make comments about me having a BlackBerry still and these people aren't technical people at all. I sure hope RIM has more plans for marketing then some "online video blitzes"...
    11-13-12 10:52 AM
    Samsung and Apple showed how much marketing can do. The HTC One X is a great android smartphone, but its been completely overshadowed by Samsung's powerful GS3 marketing (In a typical consumer's eyes anyway. Most GS3 users don't even know about the One X) And HTC wonders why they are going down...

So yeah, BlackBerry 10 needs as much marketing as it can get.

Sent from that Atrix.
    11-14-12 12:47 AM
    Their significantly improved marketing focus already began at least a year ago when they were building BB10.

A marketing plan begins long before any advertisements are seen.

In this case much of their marketing efforts obviously went into understanding their core customers and likely segmented them along many lines. Without a clear understanding of the customer who derives the most value from blackberry products and what feature set will provide the greatest value to that segment they couldn't have started even building the software or hardware.

Based on their apparent 'laser-focus' I would assume they have taken these steps.

Now they will likely base their traditional 4p's(Product, price, place and promotion) on this initial target customer. This is what will guide the smartest advertising effort. This might mean a greater emphasis on social media or lunch-and-learns for government clients. With a relatively small advertising budget available when compared to the Apple, Samsung or Microsofts these niche marketing campaigns may make a lot of sense.

Not suggesting any of the above will play out but it might be credible.
    11-14-12 02:32 AM
    The best way to kick-start BB10 marketing would be to have the thousands of developers that have made BB10 native apps built especially for BB10 to start posting videos/blog posts/twitter messages that BB10 is coming. Imagine 10,000+ developers getting the word out. This would of course coincide with whatever official marketing RIM is planning on doing. Messaging to the masses is key.
    BBMak and Creaulx like this.
    11-14-12 03:50 AM