Great to see BlackBerry launching high margin devices like z10 and q10..but it's very clear that in terms of market share they just won't cut it.
    And yes Q5 is not going to be that winner either as it will not appeal to majority of the market using full screen.
    The growth Is in 200-300 $ range full screen devices in emerging economies....
    This should be done before iphone launches it's cheaper phone next year and starts taking market share in those economies. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 08:16 AM
    I'd it confirmed that Apple is going to do that?
    That rumor has been going on for years and I've never seen any evidence of it.
    I've seen plenty of people who can't afford food without govt assistance who manage to afford a full price iPhone so I don't see why Apple would risk that market.
    Besides, if you have a low cost iPhone you don't get to participate in ritual snobbery (joking)
    07-10-13 04:56 PM
    I would buy an all touch device with a keyboard similar to the bb pearl with two letters per key. The pearl was by far my favorite bb device. z5 would be perfect candidate.

(I have used both bb z10 and q10, and they are both fantastic devises with completely differnt offerings within the same amzing OS.)
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-27-13 04:44 PM
    I completely agree with you OP. The developing nations specifically require a Z5 like device priced between 200-300 USD so that BB can achieve critical mass with BB10.
    07-27-13 04:55 PM
    I would buy an all touch device with a keyboard similar to the bb pearl with two letters per key. The pearl was by far my favorite bb device. z5 would be perfect candidate.
    Brilliant idea
    howarmat likes this.
    07-27-13 05:21 PM
    Brilliant idea
    yes they should do that! it would sell like crazy dont you think?
    07-27-13 05:24 PM
    yes they should do that! it would sell like crazy dont you think?
    I don't know if it would sell like crazy but I'd buy that bad boy on the day it got released.
    07-27-13 05:34 PM

(I have used both bb z10 and q10, and they are both fantastic devises with completely differnt offerings within the same amzing OS.)
    so you are looking for something like this right?

http://demos.blackberry.com/suretype/na/us/gen/

Market Share - Z5 type product between 200-300 $-capture.jpg
    07-27-13 05:47 PM
    so you are looking for something like this right?
    I can't speak for the OP but my preference would be for the physical keyboard of the Pearl as opposed to some virtual bastardization.
    07-27-13 05:51 PM
    Great to see BlackBerry launching high margin devices like z10 and q10..but it's very clear that in terms of market share they just won't cut it.
    And yes Q5 is not going to be that winner either as it will not appeal to majority of the market using full screen.
    The growth Is in 200-300 $ range full screen devices in emerging economies....
    This should be done before iphone launches it's cheaper phone next year and starts taking market share in those economies. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Ok, i have to ask. I've noticed you start tons of threads and they all seem to contradict each other. Anytime someone replies with a valid argument, you choose to ignore it, and then say they proved your point. Why start all these threads if you aren't open to discussion?

He's a quote of yours from another thread which renders this thread pointless "There is no way BlackBerry can build cheaper Q5 and Z5 to compete with Android and ever be profitable...It's a rat hole. "
    07-27-13 06:40 PM