Hey Everyone,

I just found out I need a GPS tomorrow for my first day, and my navigation system costs 200 to update (2008 car, no new streets) so I decided to try my Bold 9700.

I have the social networking plan from Rogers, so I have unlimited social networking (facebook, msn, twitter etc.) but other than that no data.

However when I go to maps it seems to still be working. I disabled wifi and it's still working. I'm able to search for locations and move around the map.

Is this charging me for data usage? Nothing popped up or anything, and my data plan is just unlimited social networking, nothing else.

Any ideas? I want to use it but don't want to find a huge charge on my bill!
    06-07-11 07:09 PM
    Hey Everyone,

I just found out I need a GPS tomorrow for my first day, and my navigation system costs 200 to update (2008 car, no new streets) so I decided to try my Bold 9700.

I have the social networking plan from Rogers, so I have unlimited social networking (facebook, msn, twitter etc.) but other than that no data.

However when I go to maps it seems to still be working. I disabled wifi and it's still working. I'm able to search for locations and move around the map.

Is this charging me for data usage? Nothing popped up or anything, and my data plan is just unlimited social networking, nothing else.

Any ideas? I want to use it but don't want to find a huge charge on my bill!
    You should have a look at nogago Outdoor as it is working without data connection or any connection at all. It is available in AppWorld and at nogago.com for free. The offline features is charged by the offline maps available through their platform.
    06-09-11 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD