Would I be able to restore my settings through my backup?
    Yes, you should be able to.
    03-10-10 04:48 PM
    Thanks everyone for the information. Everything works as you all commented!
    03-10-10 04:50 PM
    thanks for the information everyone! so all in all, if someone enters my password keeper password wrong over 10 times it only wipes my password keeper out and nothing more. I can live with that since I back my phone up once a week anyway if someone does enter in the password 10 times.

like Chrisy said, its a good idea to just "hide" password keeper so no one even knows its even on the phone which is a good idea, one of which I will do for now on
    03-10-10 04:53 PM
    it wipes everything but the operating system... if you're talking about the device password.

If you enter the wrong password 10 times into the password keeper, it wipes all information in the password keeper
    i had thought so; just wanted to make sure. buhh thanks...
    03-10-10 04:55 PM
    Would I be able to restore my settings through my backup?
    Yes, you should be able to.
    That's a good, non-trivial question. You'd use Desktop Manager to restore your backup, and Desktop Manager uses and enforces the same device password as your BlackBerry. So if you can't remember your BlackBerry password, you won't know your Desktop Manager password either. I always assumed the password was required to reload your data from a backup. If the backup itself isn't password protected, I'd be surprised.

I just searched the 9630 User Guide but didn't find the answer to the question.
    03-10-10 05:00 PM
    thanks for the information everyone! so all in all, if someone enters my password keeper password wrong over 10 times it only wipes my password keeper out and nothing more. I can live with that since I back my phone up once a week anyway if someone does enter in the password 10 times.

like Chrisy said, its a good idea to just "hide" password keeper so no one even knows its even on the phone which is a good idea, one of which I will do for now on
    I don't know if a regular backup stores your password keeper data. Can anyone clue me in on this?
    03-10-10 05:01 PM
    A regular backup using Desktop Manager creates a backup of your Password Keeper contents

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 05:06 PM
    I don't know if a regular backup stores your password keeper data. Can anyone clue me in on this?
    The documentation is inconclusive:
    About backing up and restoring device data
    If you have installed the BlackBerry� Desktop Software on your computer, you can back up and restore most of your BlackBerry� device data, including messages, organizer data, fonts, saved searches, and browser bookmarks using the backup and restore tool of the BlackBerry� Desktop Manager. For more information, see the BlackBerry Desktop Software Online Help.
    i recently did a wipe on my phone, and when I restored my phone, all my password keeper information was still there.
    Thanks guys/gals.
    03-10-10 05:11 PM
    If your device is password protected. It was wiped because you forgot your password, if you restored your settings would it also restore your password? If so then you are back to square one. Your phone is locked, and since you can't remember your password, you are still locked out. Correct?
    03-10-10 05:17 PM
    That's a good question. i have no personal experience with that. Do the passwords (both device and password keeper) get restored too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 05:20 PM
    Just thought of this. Since there are several backup dates stored in your computer, just backup to an earlier date before you applied your password. This way if it does restore your password, you wouldn't be locked out. Make sense?
    03-10-10 05:49 PM
    I need some help please! I have typed in the incorrect password into my password keeper too many times (on a night out....!) and all my passwords have been wiped. Can anyone help me to restore them??? PLEASE??!!
    06-19-13 05:43 PM
    The only way I can think of that might work is to restore a previous backup. That's assuming password files are backed up. I never used password keeper because it couldn't import or export its database. I recognize the security benefit of that, but I already had a database of over 100 passwords and URLs that I didn't want to reenter. I recommend you start over with LastPass.
    06-19-13 09:23 PM
    Tip for all: to avoid losing your Password Keeper pw, add an entry to your contacts for an obvious NON contact: dead uncle or grandpa, first grade teacher, you get my drift.

Then, complete fields in the entry to remind you of your pw, hide it, say, in a website name. Or a madeup email address. Since I use alphanumeric combined with symbols and mix upper and lower case letters, I hide pw's in fake shortened links.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 10:10 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD