Read the last paragraph that I quoted.

New Q30 Prototype Images Show White Keyboard, Curved Edges

We?ve also heard that BlackBerry is working on a 64-bit Berry all touch device dubbed the Manitoba which is RUMORED to be releasing sooner than we originally anticipated. Anyway lots to look forward to? What do you think these new images actually represent?
    Early trade in for z10 early adopters?
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kfh227; 06-05-14 at 09:24 PM.
    GRojasHruska and jaydee5799 like this.
    06-05-14 08:47 PM
    Liking the design a little better than the straight lines of the previous leak.
    06-05-14 09:18 PM
    Liking the design a little better than the straight lines of the previous leak.
    Agree

Thank goodness that the previous images were prototypes .

PS: this thread is not about a Qxx phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 09:23 PM
    I still am unsure if the square thing we've been seeing is the Windermere or the Dev Alpha X.

Anyway, I haven't heard much about this Manitoba. Even less so about 64-bit QNX.
    06-05-14 09:24 PM
    I still am unsure if the square thing we've been seeing is the Windermere or the Dev Alpha X.

Anyway, I haven't heard much about this Manitoba. Even less so about 64-bit QNX.
    64 bit means nothing to the end user. It is a hardware issue related to how much memory can be on a device.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 09:29 PM
    I'm not sure on the handset, it does look alright though being square rather than the long devices that are on the market currently.

Little sceptical on the 64bit though considering a short while ago I was reading an article that the OS wasn't even Quad Core optimised.
    That may of course have already changed but not heard anything at all. I'm sure those optimisations would be done at some point if not already internally.
    06-05-14 09:29 PM
    Little sceptical on the 64bit though considering a short while ago I was reading an article that the OS wasn't even Quad Core optimised.
    Orthogonal issues I think. The OS can still take advantage of the armv8 instruction set, which is a significant win, and all the extra register space. Memory access is actually quite slow on these SoCs that everyone uses, so the register space alone can make a big difference in performance.

I think if people will just forget that Apple shipped this already, they would enjoy the benefits of a 64-bit BB10 build. Forget about Apple and think about what this and other improvements could do for BlackBerry.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    06-05-14 09:40 PM
    I'm not sure on the handset, it does look alright though being square rather than the long devices that are on the market currently.

That may of course have already changed but not heard anything at all. I'm sure those optimisations would be done at some point if not already internally.
    I need to read the quad core optimization article. Should make for a good laugh.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 09:42 PM
    I need to read the quad core optimization article. Should make for a good laugh.

Posted via CB10
    I'll see if I can dig it out, it was some time ago though hence my saying it may already now be implemented but everything seems to be quiet on that front.
    06-05-14 09:47 PM
    Should be nice. You think it will be quad-core or octo-core? I wonder how bb10 runs on 16cores lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 10:15 PM
    Been waiting for an all touch. Interested to see the choices. Still unsure if I want all touch or QWERTY, but the Q10 straight keyboard wasn't doing it for me after my 9700 and 9900 before.
    06-05-14 11:12 PM
    No comments about the shadows off the ends of the phones?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:26 PM
    No comments about the shadows off the ends of the phones?

Posted via CB10
    What are you referring to? Are you talking about the dark spots on the "screen" of the device? That's just the glue holding on that fake screen. That's just a mock-up and nobody is trying to claim otherwise. But if you're not talking about that, then what are you referring to?
    06-06-14 03:33 AM
    If you want to put it into your pocket it will be too big because of the rectangular design.... I hope this thing will be sold... but maybe people like it... we will see
    06-06-14 03:41 AM
    If you want to put it into your pocket it will be too big because of the rectangular design.... I hope this thing will be sold... but maybe people like it... we will see
    Hopefully people fall for the gimmicky keyboard. I want BB to make money so they can afford to make phones that appeal to me like those with a traditional keyboard with the symbols and hopefully the come-back of the send/end call key and trackpad will be a success...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-06-14 03:58 AM
    I hope that this turns out to be more than a rumor. I won't be holding my breath though. That little paragraph at the end of the article isn't enough for me.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-06-14 11:02 AM
    People, this thread is about the all touch, not the Qxx.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 11:12 AM
    what do you do with a 64 bit mobile OS ??
    06-06-14 11:25 AM
    what do you do with a 64 bit mobile OS ??
    Well 64-bit, from what I've read means the phone will have more ram. If you think about it BlackBerry apps are getting larger and more are becoming headless. That eats up memory. BlackBerry's OS can take full advantage of 64-bit and multiple cores. They just need to show it off.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 11:37 AM
    Well 64-bit, from what I've read means the phone will have more ram. If you think about it BlackBerry apps are getting larger and more are becoming headless. That eats up memory. BlackBerry's OS can take full advantage of 64-bit and multiple cores. They just need to show it off.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry need to release this device in a timely fashion. No more of this fixing the barn doors after the horses have bolted.

Last edited by crazigee; 06-06-14 at 12:24 PM.
    06-06-14 12:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    64 bit processor doesn't mean more ram... iPhone 5s uses a 64 bit processor.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-06-14 12:27 PM
    64 bit processor doesn't mean more ram... iPhone 5s uses a 64 bit processor.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    It doesn't mean more ram automatically, but it does allow for higher ram.

kbz1960, deezy87 and Witmen like this.
    06-06-14 12:29 PM
    We need a miracle lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 01:29 PM
    Thank goodness that the previous images were prototypes .
    If you look at the icons shown on there, they are older ones than has been seen elsewhere, so actually this new pic seems like it is from older hardware and the squarer design is what they are going with, the unfinished keyboard would also indicate that this was a much earlier prototype too.

As far as this mention of Manitoba, it seems unlikely that it would be a high-end device if it is coming soon, Windermere is meant to fill that position and the next all-touch is going to be that LTE-enabled version of the z3.
    Wigley458 likes this.
    06-06-14 01:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    It is not about RAM. It's just not.

These are not PC's. And this is not Windows.

64-bit ARM is about performance and a modern instruction set.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Dave Bourque, ren596 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-06-14 01:55 PM
99 123 ...