It just hit me, android is a massively customisable OS. Even if Blackberry completely shuts down, don't you think the spirit of it (the new OS, the hub, notification LED) can live on through android customisations? I mean the software is OPEN SOURCE you can do WHATEVER you want to change it. Some experienced developers could make big modifications to it to literally give it a hub just like in BB10, and that would just be amazing.

While this is all a thought, does anyone know if any apps can do this already or any other possible downloads?
    09-28-13 11:24 AM
    Im sure some BB lovers would customise it and make it like BB10, or maybe even the legacy ones. Would be cool but nothing beats a true BlackBerry!
    09-28-13 11:37 AM
    Though this is a brainstorming type idea, I have to say I became physically sick for a split second at the idea of Android looking like BB10. This is only personal opinion, but I can see this happening and being given a glowing review as a triumph for Android.

I was against BBM going cross platform. I would not support anyone who developed a BB10 skin for Android.
    09-28-13 11:42 AM
    The reality is blackberry is on the verge of closure. If you can give your One or S4 a hub exactly like in BB10 it won't feel so bad to be forced to switch.
    09-28-13 12:02 PM
    No it won't be the same. I've had android. My teenage son has android and is always loading skins.
    The hub and browser on bbos10 are native bbos10. The power consumption of a q10 if you use it for just browsing texting and emails is very low. You can go over 24 hours with quite heavy use. Try using your bbos10 phone for ported android games all day and you'd be charging 3 times as often.
    Android is power hungry - run heavily customised skins and it becomes sluggish and even more power hungry so unless you plan on using your android phone as a hand warmer and sit beside a power outlet no its a bad idea.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 12:12 PM
    technically if you're assuming that the hub is done as an overlay widget / launcher hybrid with "Facebook Home" as a proof of concept, its do-able.

But it won't be a small file, and the resource has to be on top priority, with a lot of tinkering.
    09-28-13 12:14 PM
    Shame is although bos10 is better designed than android, it lacks the distinction of being the undisputed best at anything, aside from anything about app stores. Contrast bbos7 combined phone calls, texts and email in a way that really works. Hence the peculiar situation bbos7 phones outselling bbos10 and the need for the 9720. bbos7 might be outdated but it still is a tool with a clear purpose. With hindsight if BlackBerry had just gone android and sold android phones based on another manufacturers spec but adding a track pad for use with a bbos7 app they might have created a niche device which had an obvious marketable feature.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 12:37 PM
    I am just suggesting at the minimum some people can make a modification for the OS so that there will be a hub like on BB10.
    09-28-13 04:00 PM