DING DING DING! We have a winner. It is %100 a Mercedes CLA Class. I'll post up some pictures comparing the QNX site teaser to the Mercedes site showing it.

Attachment 229283

If you look at the full sized picture I put up you can see the steering wheel is exactly the same, part of the centre console has been left as is, and the curvature of the dash matches. Also the gear shift matches perfectly.
    I kind of wish they went with something higher end, but after being pimped out by QNX it'll be super high end anyways.
    lol, you've just beat me at it
    High end, you ask ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-12-13 at 12:39 PM. Reason: error in YT link
    12-12-13 12:32 PM
    lol, you've just beat me at it
    High end, you ask ?
    Now that would have been a sweet car to go with! The CLA is a nice car no doubt, but it's not at Mercedes higher end.
    12-12-13 02:45 PM
    Yeah... um I pointed out the steering wheel and the side view mirror comparison on the first page and on the second page.
    Sorry, I did mean to credit you for getting the make of the car correct. In your images you compared it to the wrong model though. Your image shows a similar but slightly different steering wheel. I just wanted to confirm that BUHC was correct that it was the CLA Class as the images on the Mercedes Canada website match exactly with the images teased by QNX.
    12-12-13 02:49 PM
    It looks to be the CLA45 AMG model. A bit disappointing. A big step down from the Bentley. They should have done a new S65 AMG, the king of german cars.

A comment from another thread I started on the same topic, since I didn't see this one, is copied below. Thanks to LoganSix for pointing it out.

"With CES kicking off very soon, and the next QNX concept car about to be revealed, what do you think the next QNX concept car will be? QNX has quite the high-end brand name tradition to maintain with first the Porsche 911, then the Bentley Continental GTC, but what is next?

I think it will be a Mercedes-Benz CLA, possibly a CLA45 AMG.

I wish it would be the new Rolls-Royce Wraith, or another Bentley such as the new Flying Spur, even the Mercedes S-Class Coupe Concept or the next gen BMW M3/M4, but all those are about as likely as winning the lottery.

Heads up QNX, but I hear Audi is bringing a revised version of their Sport Quattro to CES with three dimensional displays, a Tegra 30 processor from Nvidia, a 4.0L V8 engine aided by an electric motor producing in total 690bhp/800Nm of torque (0-62 in 3.7 seconds), and Audi's new Laser/LED headlights (originally debuted on the face lifted A8). This will most likely be the car showcasing Android in it too."

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bjschey; 01-02-14 at 12:22 PM.
    01-02-14 12:09 PM
    Attachment 228679

They need to hurry up with the OTA infortainment downloads and start turning a larger profit for their division. It's in so many cars already it's a cash cow.

BlackBerry Z10 (Z30 inbound) | 10.2.1.1055 | C0006E212
    Technically Jaguar should also be included on that list, because they use the same QNX infotainment and command system as Land Rover. After all, Jaguar and Land Rover are one company, which is actually owned by Tata Motors.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 12:56 PM
    Aaaannnndddd ....

2014 CES: QNX Technology Concept Car �€“ Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG - a set on Flickr

Watch QNX booth with their webcam here : http://ces2014.qnxcdg.com/

Finally : QNX set to show off three connected cars at CES !!!
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-07-14 at 08:41 AM.
    01-07-14 08:23 AM
    It looks to be the CLA45 AMG model. A bit disappointing. A big step down from the Bentley. They should have done a new S65 AMG, the king of german cars.

A comment from another thread I started on the same topic, since I didn't see this one, is copied below. Thanks to LoganSix for pointing it out.

"With CES kicking off very soon, and the next QNX concept car about to be revealed, what do you think the next QNX concept car will be? QNX has quite the high-end brand name tradition to maintain with first the Porsche 911, then the Bentley Continental GTC, but what is next?

I think it will be a Mercedes-Benz CLA, possibly a CLA45 AMG.

I wish it would be the new Rolls-Royce Wraith, or another Bentley such as the new Flying Spur, even the Mercedes S-Class Coupe Concept or the next gen BMW M3/M4, but all those are about as likely as winning the lottery.

Heads up QNX, but I hear Audi is bringing a revised version of their Sport Quattro to CES with three dimensional displays, a Tegra 30 processor from Nvidia, a 4.0L V8 engine aided by an electric motor producing in total 690bhp/800Nm of torque (0-62 in 3.7 seconds), and Audi's new Laser/LED headlights (originally debuted on the face lifted A8). This will most likely be the car showcasing Android in it too."

Posted via CB10
    I think they did the right choice. You will see the cla much more than the higher end cars you pointed out. More users, more recognition is what they should focus on.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-07-14 08:38 AM
    In-car technology has been a tough battle for automakers, as car buyers expect an experience as rich as their smart phones and tablets. With the user experience as rich as what QNX is showcasing today, on brand new vehicles, in-car infotainment could finally meet the standards of modern technology.

QNX Shows Tech Filled CLA45 AMG, Kia Soul at CES » AutoGuide.com News
    01-07-14 09:01 AM
    DING DING DING! We have a winner. It is %100 a Mercedes CLA Class.
    It looks to be the CLA45 AMG model.
    bjschey ! (while not the first for Class A ... you spotted the AMG tag !)

If you guessed the model correctly based on the teaser images we published on the QNX website, I bow in homage to your eagle eye.
    QNX Auto Blog: The wraps are off! First look at the new QNX technology concept car
    01-07-14 09:05 AM
84 ... 234